• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

A franchise divided?

travisduncan

Huddler
Reaction score
Update: Pro Football Weekly has pulled the video off of its official website as well as youtube, more than likely because of the credibility of the report.

Meanwhile Carroll responded to the report on Friday afternoon by saying "I think that’s extraordinarily irresponsible. It’s inaccurate. It’s lazy, and I wouldn’t believe a word they said. “That’s so far from the truth. John and I are as close as you can get. I’ve never been any closer to anyone I’ve ever worked with. And every decision we make, we make together. They were just dead wrong."

---

Head coach Pete Carroll and general manager John Schneider are not on the same page, according to a report by the editors of Pro Football Weekly.

Reportedly Caroll is unhappy with the moves Schneider made this offseason.

PFW senior editor Eric Edholm reports, "I can tell you that these two guys are not on the same page. I talked to one agent who said that one of his free-agent clients shipped into Seattle and when he got there Pete Carroll said "What is this guy doing here, we don't need him for this football team."

You can watch the report here.

Free-agent acquisitions Robert Gallery, Tarvaris Jackson, Zach Miller and Sidney Rice have yet to pay off, while not re-signing a veteran like Lofa Tatupu doesn't look great for a team with no identity and could use a voice in the lockerroom.

Schneider was brought in as the team's GM in January of 2010 after serving as the Green Bay Packers director of football operations and just days after the franchise hired Carroll as head coach.

Meanwhile, linebacker Aaron Curry's demotion in favor of rookie K.J. Wright could have the potential to divide the locker room.

Curry said this about his demotion (via the Tacoma News Tribune), "I don't even know how to put it into words. But it is what it is, and everything happens for a reason. Things happen for a reason. There's a purpose behind everything, and I'll find it, learn from it and take off running."

Most experts expect that the former first-round draft pick will soon either be traded or let go by Seattle.

The move in part, is meant to spur competition defensive coordinator Gus Bradley said.

"K.J. Wright has played very well for us, especially in that first game,” Bradley told the media Thursday.

“And we just felt like we wanted to have more competition at that spot, so we’re giving K.J. a chance there yesterday, and we looked him today. And we’ll evaluate it the whole week."

Idahawk

Reaction score
LOL You would have to be a fool to fall for this song and dance. Schneider is simply deflecting the up-coming heat from his coach to himself . We may even get the Ole " can't cook with the groceries unless I do the shopping" speech version two.
Carroll can now politely point the finger at JS and coach what he has, which with over 400 roster moves I find it very hard to believe he had nothing to say about any of those players . Cmon Man !

Most fans are pissed at the start and team after making the playoffs last year and they don't get rebuilding or understand te need for franchise QB from the draft next year.

Its like Deon Grants injury in New York .

Top Bottom