• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Anybody have a Wii ??

Idahawk

Reaction score
I was thinking about one for the family for christmas but don't know much about them....If you have one or have played one can you give me your opinion ? I know that its not a 360 or a PS3 ...but My wife would like the wii fit and it may save me some gym cost LOL and I think the kids would like the Wii music and of course other games as well..just not sure its as cool as what Ive read about..and its spendy ..

Reaction score
Well the Wii is cheaper than the 360 and PS3, I've only played Wii sports but that was really fun... It's definitely different than any other system out there. Nintendo always offers quality so you don't have to worry about it breaking right away (whereas if you buy an xbox 360 arcade or pro you can almost be sure you'll eventually get the "3 rings of death") It's definitely a more family friendly system than the 360 and PS3 who's main games are shooters (i.e. Halo 3, Gears Of War, Resistance) and the Wii's main games are games are more family oriented (Mario related games like Mario Party and Mario Kart, Wii Music, Wii Fit)... I've only played a couple times, but if you're planning on getting a video game system for the family that's the way to go.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
I love my Wii. I highly recommend it. My wife and I love to play Mario Kart, Wii Sports, and Boom Blox. It's a blast and gets her into video games - which is the best part! :mrgreen:

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
I went to 4 stores and none had the fit pad for the Wii..they said it was as hot as the cabbage patch kids doll was back in the day LOL..I looked on line also just a few of the bigger sites and no dice there as well...then I went to my local video store for a movie and sitting on the bottom of a game case was the fit pad LOL I grabbed it for $89.00 bucks which was I cheapist I had seen it.....I guess Im going to buy a Wii now if there are any left ....

Reaction score
Yeah, the Wii is the most innovative (and also the cheapest) of the systems out now so it's a pretty hot item year round.

Cole

Huddler
Reaction score
If you're going to purchase one, you'd better hurry. They're going to be a rarity come Christmas.

PLAYSTATION 4 LIFE

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
Cole said:
If you're going to purchase one, you'd better hurry. They're going to be a rarity come Christmas.

PLAYSTATION 4 LIFE[/qu

I got one today at gamestop 2nd to last one they had :)

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
Ok Wii owners ..I have a few questions...I get one controller and one nunchuk with the console .....so for 4 player mode I have to buy 3 more controllers and 3 more nunchuks right ? And there rechargeable , does the Wii charge the controller or controllers or should a person by the 4 place charger they make ? I guess Im asking what a guy needs to make this as easy as possible ..how long does it take to charge up the controllers ? do you need back up batteries ?

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
Number 18 said:
Nintendo doesn't make a charging system, but I believe there are some after market ones available.

I rarely use the nunchucks.

Nyko is the company that make those chargers they have a two or 4 spot charger that comes with the rechargeable battery packs and a real nice rubber grip cost on the two spot is around $34.00 (game stop ) or around $50.00 for the 4 spot the charge lasts about 20 hours . I think this is the way to go , not having to by batteries all the time would be nice..

I bought the star wars light saber duel game and the sabers that attach to the controllers and light up...my boy is 5 and is a SW freak so it should be fun , I played it at the store and is was OK a 6-7 out of 10 but cool for kids..

Im going to get that block game as well 18 , I played that too , great drinking game with your friends it was fun thanks for the tip on that.

This is going to spendy..I love Christmas :|

Passepartout

Huddler
Reaction score
I have a huge feeling that my nephews, all five of them.
Wlll be asking for the Wii. They already have X-Box and PLY2 & PLY3!
Wouldn't surprise me one bit!

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
Just an up date for all those who gave advise...Wii is awesome...for a family there's no better system around...my 5 year old loves to box and bowl and my 4 year old loves tennis and mario cart and its so easy for them to play ...I like the internet option but am disapointed you cant listen to your i tunes or play downloaded movies And this game World of Goo !!!! Un real fun for an adult well worth the all the money I spent Thanks all

Reaction score
Right on man. If you want movies Xbox just added free streaming of movies through netflix with xbox live, but live costs $50 a year. and I believe you can pay to download movies on PS3 so you're not missing out on too much.

Top Bottom