• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Back 2 School Sunday

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
20101129eye_05.jpg

Rookie offensive tackle Russell Okung gets the crowd pumped up as he is introduced during pregame.
As the son of a single parent, Russell Okung can relate to kids heading back to school without the essentials – like school supplies and a haircut.
“I look around our community, and I feel there’s more that can be done,” said Okung, the Seahawks’ left tackle and last year’s first-round draft choice.
So he is doing something about it by hosting the first annual Back 2 School Youth Initiative on Sunday at the Family Fun Center in Tukwila – 7300 Fun Center Way – from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m. The hour-long registration period begins at 9 a.m.
Local barbers and beauticians will be giving free back-to-school haircuts and each student also will receive free school supplies. There also will be raffles for laptops, Microsoft X-Boxes, tickets to Seahawks games and autographed sports memorabilia.
“Coming from a single-parent home, I know how hard it is to get school supplies and for parents to get certain things done,” Okung said. “So why not take the initiative and lend a helping hand?
“I’ve been blessed to have this amazing platform and I can relate to these kids. I know exactly where they’re coming from. I know how their mothers are feeling and their fathers are feeling. I know it’s difficult. They’re starting a new year; why not take a little stress off of them?”

b.gif
nFKJN9ECBLg

Source: Seahawks.com

Top Bottom