• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Big Willy $

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
So how much is too much to pay RW?

A lot of controversy on this one, imo he is exactly what we need in a QB but that's because we happen to have a well rounded team and I for one luv that about my hawks.

But then you have to compare the other teams that have QB's carrying them.

Considering all that he has accomplished where do you think he lands amongst the big money QB's?

seahawkblitz

Huddler
Reaction score
definitely curious to see how this one turns out. While Wilson is off with possibly the best first three years ever to start his career, the brass has the argument that the D is carrying the team rather than Wilson himself. Both sides have reasonable arguments to justify the amounts of $ that are being put on the table. They'll meet in the middle somewhere around 100 mil.

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
About $20 mil per, over 5 years, 35-40% guaranteed sounds about right. Or, if you don't think he's worth it because he's all about gravy-training on a top end defense and running game, then trade him straight up for Brian Hoyer then y'all will see what happens.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Id say 20.5 M 6 year with lots of gaurrentied $$. FO is probably at 19 and RW camp at 22, they need to meet in the middle.

He needs to be a Seahawk for life, he is a once in generation type guy, I dont care what some say, he makes the big play when we need it, that has been proven over and over and hes not the type of guy who is going to regress, he's too driven.
Plus he is a golden boy off the field.

I expect it to get done before training camp.

Idahawk

Reaction score
Look at what Tannehill got .... Pay the man and hope that the same system that found all these great players is sustainable as you lose guys to FA down the road. I'd love for Wilson to be that guy and take a discount to help the team but he's already done more than most do in a carreer and they/we owe him for services rendered. I don't see why that shouldn't be top QB money , how many teams out there would make RW the highest paid QB if given the chance to pay him , like 30 of them !

Idahawk

Reaction score
Btw glad to see guys posting , it's going to be a busy summer but I'll do my best to keep things current

seahawkblitz

Huddler
Reaction score
Based on tannehill's deal alone, there's no way hell settle for anything less than 20. And most likely looking for a heavy guarantee with more than a 4 year extension which seems to be the norm with our front office. I say we just give him whatever he wants and let the cards fall where they may. We have to have him back there, He might be the only quarterback in the league that can be successful behind our line.

twelvewins

Huddler
Reaction score
What about a 7 year extension, smaller money $12M per year, a huge bonus up front $40M, no balloon years until the final year at like $25M, and a small ownership stake 1 to 2% if he is a Seahawk 4 Life?

That keeps him under 19 per year, pays for past performance, and provides security if he can't play out the contract.

Top Bottom