• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Breno Giacomini's sore knee leaves Seahawks' offensive line in flux

seer-12thman

Huddler
Reaction score
Updated Sep 25, 2013 - 5:01 pm
Breno Giacomini's sore knee leaves Seahawks' offensive line in flux
[URL='http://mynorthwest.com/292/2361928/Breno-Giacominis-sore-knee-leaves-Seahawks-offensive-line-in-flux#']1
By Danny O'Neil
RENTON – The Seahawks had two new offensive linemen at practice Wednesday, having signed tackle Caylin Hauptmann and veteran guard Jason Spitz.
It was an absence on the line that was more significant, though. Breno Giacomini was not expected to practice Wednesday because of a knee injury that worsened during Sunday's game. In fact, coach Pete Carroll indicated that Giacomini's prognosis is uncertain.
"We'll see see how he is," Carroll said of Giacomini. "He's got some more information to get in and to see where he is."
The uncertainty leaves the distinct possibility that Seattle could be down to a pair of second-string tackles against Houston, which only ranked No. 5 in the league in sacks last year.
The Seahawks are already without Russell Okung, who's out the next seven weeks with an injured toe. Paul McQuistan will start in Okung's place, and Carroll said McQuistan played better last week.
If Giacomini is unable to play, the Seahawks would turn to a rookie at right tackle: likely Michael Bowie, the team's seventh-round draft pick. Bowie entered the game for Giacomini in the second half against Jacksonville last week. Bowie later moved to left tackle when McQuistan was given a breather with Alvin Bailey coming in at right tackle.
The crunch Seattle is feeling along the offensive line has carried over to the transactions. The Seahawks signed Hauptmann off the Browns' practice squad to take Okung's place on the 53-man roster. Spitz is a veteran interior lineman formerly with Green Bay who was signed to take the spot that opened up with the release of defensive lineman D'Anthony Smith.
Defensive end Red Bryant was not expected to practice Wednesday as he rests a sore back that forced him from last Sunday's game, but he is expected to be available Sunday in Houston.
Defensive tackle Jordan Hill is set to practice for the first time in more than a month, returning from a biceps injury he suffered in training camp.
Receiver Percy Harvin is in New York to have his hip evaluated by the doctor who performed surgery on Aug. 1. Carroll indicated Harvin's recovery is progressing quite well.[/URL]

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
Damn, I hope Bevell draws up a lot of roll outs for RW. If he comes out trying to pass from the pocket we could be in for a long day.

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
Not only that but I heard Unger's status is questionable for that game too with an arm injury. If both Unger and Breno don't play, look out below. It could be like Tarvaris Jackson vintage early 2011 when he got sacked like 15 times in 3 games.

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
If anyone is going to the game can you please make a HUGE ASS poster telling RW to abandon working on his 3 step drop until after his line is healthy.

Thanks ;)

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
I knew our lack of depth at OL was going to hurt us, get ready for let down guys, I just hope our QB doesnt get killed! Good thing we didnt draft any OL this year! Good thing we got rid of Moffitt!

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
We will be fine. Believe in the power of PC! We will prevail!!!!

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
I believe! But when PC goes to give his starting oline it's pep talk and can't find them because he doesn't know who they are, it just can't be a good thing.

Bueller...Bueller...Bueller

Hahaha...

But we'll still win and then what will the naysayers say? Probably nay...but who cares?!!! :)

OP
S

seer-12thman

Huddler
Reaction score
Something tells me the Hawks will be looking at the draft and free agency to add a couple o-lineman for next year. Probably a RT and a LG. Maybe they might be looking to also add another player that can play LT fo back up too. I think that will be their biggest need positions.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
I believe! But when PC goes to give his starting oline it's pep talk and can't find them because he doesn't know who they are, it just can't be a good thing.

Yeah Im all in, and Pete is like the savior and all, but sometimes he likes to 'shoot from the hip' alittle, and its really 'cool and all', but I get concerned when for example: Okung goes down, and Mcquenstin fills in even though 'he hasnt taken any practice snaps' at LT. It like sometime I think he dosent have a good back up plan.

I would be perfectly fine if we would trade one of our DB's, RB's, maybe even a DL, for a good solid OLineman.

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
Yeah Im all in, and Pete is like the savior and all, but sometimes he likes to 'shoot from the hip' alittle, and its really 'cool and all', but I get concerned when for example: Okung goes down, and Mcquenstin fills in even though 'he hasnt taken any practice snaps' at LT. It like sometime I think he dosent have a good back up plan.

I would be perfectly fine if we would trade one of our DB's, RB's, maybe even a DL, for a good solid OLineman.

Maybe the Browns will have a fire sale before the trade deadline?

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
Maybe the Browns will have a fire sale before the trade deadline?

No shit, might as well finish off the roster. I was just thinking how bad it is for Rams fans right now but they got nothing on the Browns fans.

There should be a rule against that crap, the Colts are a legit threat now.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Breno & Unger Doubtful.

I guess we'll see just how good Tom Cable coaching and those two rookies can play?

Reaction score

McQuistan played 4 or 5 games at LT in 2011 for an injured Okung. He played well. I think that was the logic behind it.

Top Bottom