• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Cautiosly Optimistic

Reaction score
Most of us were cautiously optimistic coming into this season and even after a 4-0 preseason. After a game like that (albeit against the Rams which is essentially a 5th preseason game) where we did everything in our power to give the game away offensively in the first quarter and still end up winning a 28-0 shutout most of us are throwing caution to the wind and are ready to pencil us in as NFC west champs again... I'm not quite there yet, the last 3 or so quarters were amazing... But we can't play like we played in the first quarter and expect to beat the tough teams on the schedule like the Colts, Packers, Vikings, and Titans. You can chalk it up to excitement and opening day jitters, but Matt has never been the type to get rattled by that kind of stuff so that kind of worries me. San Fransisco is looking like it might be a test next week.. A win could go a long way next week with a very underwhelming looking Bears team lying in wait the following week. Anyway you look at it this win, while impressive, it does not make us hands down favorites in the NFC, or even our division for that matter. All that being said I think we're exactly where we wanted to be at this point. And I'm looking forward to this week's game sooooo much... Chance to claim the lead in the division all by ourselves. So here's to doing that and never looking back! Go hawks!

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
I'm with you man. That first quarter has me spooked. It almost made me sick. I am hoping for more of a statement against San Francisco.

S

Seattlehawk94

You know...Paul Moyer said it best yesterday on postgame:

"To those of you who are talking about "it's just the Rams", winning a game in the NFL is a big deal. These are the best players in the world playing this game. Some teams have more talent than others but, there aren't 'easy wins" and 'gimme games'. Any win is a 'big win' in the NFL..'

I agree with Moyer 100%...A SHUTOUT in a season opener in which we turn the ball over 3 times and still put up 28 POINTS is a "statement game".

OP
bobflipaburger
Reaction score
So... Those 3 turnovers to one of the worst defenses in the league don't worry you at all? The defense was great, I don't really have anything bad to say about them... But we can't start slow on offense like this every week.

Reaction score
A win is a win in the NFL.

Having said that there are things we can work on to get better. Offensively seemed flat early on, but Matt got into a rhythm and appeared to be more looking of the other receivers. I liked what I saw defensively. Getting pressure on Marc and making him make plays. Something we didn't see with Marshall and gang last year. It was nice to not have to hold my breath everytime they passed near Russell's guy. I was pleased too with the energy I saw from them. I think like every game it's nice to get the win... better to shut them out home, but there are still things we can improve on!

Reaction score
bobflipaburger said:
So... Those 3 turnovers to one of the worst defenses in the league don't worry you at all? The defense was great, I don't really have anything bad to say about them... But we can't start slow on offense like this every week.

My opinion?

This is a guess, but I have a feeling Matt wanted to come out and make a statement and shove the ball down their throat right off the bat. That pass to TJ was forced and was tipped off his and Atogwe's hands.

The other pick was not Matt's fault, Nate was suppose to come back like 3 yards on that play and he either slipped or stumbled and the safety jumped in front.

The fumble was just Nate trying to do too much. He had like two guys wrapped around him and he was trying to get extra yards. Nate has good hands and you know a vet like him won't make that mistake again.

Fumbles, picks, blocked field goals happen all the time... this is football. It happens to the best teams like the Pats, Colts, Giants, etc... but it's how you over come that stuff that makes you a winner. The Defense was not phased by our sputtering offense, they came out drive after drive and shut the Rams down. They knew that our Offense would eventually get into the rhythm and put points on the board.

I honestly feel better after how yesterdays game turned out then if we would've come out and just walked over them (we kinda did :D ). I would've been like 'ehh just the same ole' Rams, this win doesn't mean anything, we killed them last year blah blah blah.'

Well this wasn't the same Rams team, they played aggressively on Defense. Spags is a good defensive coach and I think overtime the Rams will start to compete, if they ever get a real QB. We got picked twice, fumbled and had a kick blocked.... but guess what, we still came our there confident as f*ck and beat their ass till it was raw... now that I can feel damn good about.

note: I am slightly buzzed, hence the enthusiastic :p post

Walddo

Huddler
Reaction score
Seattlehawk94 said:
You know...Paul Moyer said it best yesterday on postgame:

"To those of you who are talking about "it's just the Rams", winning a game in the NFL is a big deal. These are the best players in the world playing this game. Some teams have more talent than others but, there aren't 'easy wins" and 'gimme games'. Any win is a 'big win' in the NFL..'

I agree with Moyer 100%...A SHUTOUT in a season opener in which we turn the ball over 3 times and still put up 28 POINTS is a "statement game".

Hell ya man, I'm in Florida so I just quietly say..."shut out" "28-0", but everyones like "The Rams..etc,etc"....Whatever. I know we have a hungry defense, a bad ass quarterback and core of good receivers. We don't have any OchoCincos or egotistical idiots, and we've proven it before that our guys fight for every yard not for themselves, but for the team and Seattle Seahawks Organization.

now for the obligatory....GO HAWKS!

Eat them 9'ERS ALIVE!

Reaction score
#one tell me how I am wrong

I am still pissed we did not go QB or LT with our first pick

another high $$$ LB is not what we needed

Reaction score
SeahawkWag said:
SF is better than we are on both sides of the ball :harvey:

umm i believe you are very wrong here...maybe much healthier on both sides but most certainly not better talent wise...

Reaction score
Hurricane Tatupu said:
SeahawkWag said:

umm i believe you are very wrong here...maybe much healthier on both sides but most certainly not better talent wise...

I think he meant during the game... and it seemed like it. Although our D didn't play too bad considering the 2 huge runs.. When Seneca came in.... it just fell apart offensively.

Reaction score
hawkfanadam said:
Hurricane Tatupu said:
SeahawkWag said:

I think he meant during the game... and it seemed like it. Although our D didn't play too bad considering the 2 huge runs.. When Seneca came in.... it just fell apart offensively.
The offense never really got started until that last drive when Hasselbeck got injured.

Reaction score
phaZe said:
hawkfanadam said:
The offense never really got started until that last drive when Hasselbeck got injured.

True, but they weren't dismal. They had a much better tempo than when Seneca came in... which was expected obviously.

Reaction score
SeahawkWag said:
#one tell me how I am wrong

I am still pissed we did not go QB or LT with our first pick

another high $$$ LB is not what we needed

I was very wrong...

but I also didn't expect Matt to go down and for Punt returner to take over at Qb.

Matt stays in that game, we win it. He just got into his rhythm on the drive he got hurt.

F*CK!!!!

Top Bottom