• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Clayton thinks Lynch should be fined again

seer-12thman

Huddler
Reaction score
listenListen: John Clayton says Marshawn Lynch should be fined for short availability
John Clayton tells Bob Stelton and Dave Wyman that Seahawks RB Marshawn Lynch should be punished for talking less than others to the media.
By Brent Stecker
Some found Seahawks running back Marshawn Lynch's antics on Super Bowl media day funny. Others were miffed that he stopped his interview availability after just six minutes, 21 seconds.
ESPN NFL senior writer John Clayton is in the latter camp, as he told 710 ESPN Seattle's Bob Stelton and Dave Wyman on "Seahawks Super Bowl Marshawn Lynch
"The Marshawn Lynch thing was totally embarrassing for the organization I think because he went through the motions of answering questions non-football-related for six minutes and 21 seconds and bolted," Clayton said. "He didn't leave the area but he stood near the position where he was supposed to be and refused to walk back. I honestly think that he should get the $100,000 fine. He acted irresponsibly."
Lynch didn't talk to the media for the majority of the season, and had to make a deal with the NFL to avoid a $50,000 fine. It's unknown whether the league will revisit penalizing him for his actions Tuesday.
"I asked the league and they have not come up with an answer yet of what they're going to do with him," Clayton said. "He was there being defiant and uncooperative at a time when it's supposed to be media day, (and it) is wrong on his part. … You're supposed to be there, you're supposed to answer questions, and he basically defied the league in trying to do it.
"He's obliged by contract and the way that the Super Bowl is to cooperate and provide the 45 minutes of interview time that is required. He can answer the questions any way he wants to, but he didn't answer them. I thought that he put a bad light on the organization." End

Rumor has it that Clayton was the one that complained about Lynch not talking in the first place and cost him the fine from the NFL. After watching him in the interview it was obvious how much it bothers him and he probably has a medical condition that causes his problem. Why can't everybody respect his problem and just leave him alone.

Last edited:

RAMSWRATH

Huddler
Reaction score
Unless the contract states what Lynch has to talk about he should stick to telling the world of his love of skittles and Clayton should STFU.

Idahawk

Reaction score
Lol at ESPN, who is the National Inquirer of sports reporting , Sorry Clayton but Beast Mode don't trust no media , did him dirty when he got in trouble in Buffalo. Go track down Tebow . I honestly don't see the need for media day, it's a free trip to the Super Bowl for these " reporters" and that's it .

Someone asked Manning if he was doing Saturday Night Live the night before the game, this is the level of intelligence Beast mode is declining to speak with .

Free Brandon Browner

SF 16 8 80

Huddler
Reaction score
Meh. If he doesn't want to talk, it's stupid to try to make him, IMHO. It's not like there aren't enough other players / coaches to fill the media time.

OP
S

seer-12thman

Huddler
Reaction score
I have always liked and respected Clayton's opinions. I felt he was best sports reporter and very knowledgeable. But I have lost allot of respect for him. It's time for him to just shut up and respect Lynch for the person he is. Does he think he is so important that he can demand a person to talk and if they don't he requests that they be fined? Shame on you Mr. John Clayton.

Top Bottom