• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

C'mon, Curry!

Reaction score
Anyone have any inkling of a clue when he might sign?? Anyone now what the hold up is??

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
At what point do you start thinking, "Just sign your contract guaranteed for more money in 6 years than most will make in a life time you greedy shit bag?"

Reaction score
I think we're all thinking that, but he's not even part of the negotiations so it's not him that's holding it up.

Reaction score
We're waiting for Kansis City to sign Jackson. They are supposedly waiting for us to sign. As soon as one of the teams/players budges and a signing is made it should only trigger the other team to sign its pick. Both teams are waiting to see what that team signs that player for so then they know how much they should offer and what's too much to offer.

Sunday on John Clayton's radio show he said he had expected us to sign Curry within the next couple of days. If that holds out he could get signed later today or even tomorrow. Until then it's a waiting game.

Reaction score
Seahawks have a few guys who use the same Agency as Curry, so they know how to work with them to establish a contract.

Hopefully they can get Curry signed before the end of the week.

Reaction score
the problem, as to why jackson and curry are waiting to sign, is because of the sanchez money at the lower pick, 28 mill gauranteed...the difference is that he is a franchise qb, and this isnt currys fault his agent is using this gauranteed money as leverage to put the hawks to the coles, as to the worth of the 4th pick...its all political curry is pumped to be a hawk he is training and studying he will be there eventually

Reaction score
I read on his agent twitter than he was excited that Sanchez got a contract because it provided a base for Curry's contract. So...doesn't seem like the agent wants to budge any time soon.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
LOL. Yeah. Right. Curry has nothing to do with. If Curry told his agent to take $X, he would, or Curry would fire him. Thinking Curry has nothing to do with this is probably the most naive thing I have read in a long, long time.

Reaction score
Not really, he just threw the reigns to his agent and said get me the most money you can... I don't have a hard time believing that.

Reaction score
The agent wants to get the most money from the team. He gets a certain amount and the more he can get for Curry, the more he can get for himself.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
phaZe said:
The agent wants to get the most money from the team. He gets a certain amount and the more he can get for Curry, the more he can get for himself.

bobflipaburger said:
Not really, he just threw the reigns to his agent and said get me the most money you can... I don't have a hard time believing that.

Neither of those statements negate my statement: If Curry told his agent to take what the Seahawks were offering, he would. His agent works for him. Not the other way around. And to that extent, his absence is largely his own fault.

Reaction score
Yeah, but I think the front office is holding it up a little too by waiting for Jackson to sign down in KC.

So it's everyone's fault lol.

Reaction score
I have just been wondering.

When we drafted Curry, we wanted him to be a starter, as far as i know.
Do you think his absence from training camp might change that?

Reaction score
Eric,
I still have a gut feeling he could sign by Saturday and if so I don't think that will change. I think it will however increase his playing time in the pre-season once he does sign. They drafted Curry with the intentions of an immediate impact player or they might have gone with a quarterback. I do think the hold-out is hurting, but I don't think it would take his starting position away unless Will Herring or Lance Laury have an outstanding camp and pre-season.

Reaction score
Or David "the Heater" Hawthorne... but I HIGHLY doubt that would happen.

Curry is such a beast, and his level of play is so far ahead of other players coming out of college it's not even funny.

He will be the starter day one, and he will be the one that puts Marc Bulger on a stretcher.

Reaction score
What a kind thought David.
so this is what you do at work.

Hawk096.. thanks.
The only real worry i had was one of the other guys doing really good at camp. and beating him out of his position.

David your right.
He is just to good for some other person to take his spot.

Reaction score
Thank you for referring to me by my real name... <sarcasm>

I am going to watch the hawks practice @ husky stadium tomorrow and vmac on sunday.

you jelous?

BlueTsunami45

Huddler
Reaction score
KC signed Jackson today so we'll find out soon enough. Sounds like the NFL is going to address the whole rookie pay issue in their next round of meetings. It's unreal what a college guy gets paid (never having played a single down in the NFL) compared to a vetern player who has proven himself.I understand the guaranteed money part since their career could be over in a flash due to an injury, but the guaranteed money has gotten ridiculous.

Top Bottom