• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Cyber surfing: Friday

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Good morning. Here’s what’s “out there” about the Seahawks for today, July 1:
ESPN.com continues its “best of” series, and the Seahawks fared well in the latest “honors” from NFC West blogger Mike Sando. He tabs Virginia Mason Athletic Center as “best team facility” and Paul Allen as “best billionaire owner.”
Sando on VMAC, the facility: “Few team headquarters in any sport can compete with the $75 million facility Seahawks owner Paul Allen constructed on Lake Washington, south of Seattle. The practice fields overlook the water, with swank homes staring back from the opposite shore. Giant doors slide up for an open-air experience in the players’ weight room, offering views of the practice field and, nearby, the water. The team has flown in free agents via seaplane, docking right at the facility. Square footage is right around 200,000 – second highest in the NFL, according to the team – and includes an indoor practice facility adjacent to the locker room. No other facility in the division comes close.”
Sando on VMAC, the training camp venue: “The Seahawks have it nice on Lake Washington, but there’s something special about going away to camp if the venue is right. Northern Arizona University fits the profile for the Cardinals. It’s far enough from Phoenix to escape the blistering heat, but close enough for fans to turn out in large numbers. The high-desert scenery and nearly 7,000-foot elevation combine to set apart NAU from other camp venues in the division and the league overall.”
Remember Jameson Konz? Sure you do. Seventh-round draft choice in 2010. Athletic and versatile. Played multiple positions at Kent State, but was tried at tight end last year. Spent his rookie season on injured reserve after getting a hip injury the second week of training camp. Yeah, that Jameson Konz. Steve Doerschuk of the Canton Repository caught up with Konz and provided this update. Konz, when asked what position he might play this season: “I don’t have any insight on what my role might be. Whether it’s receiver, tight end or H-back, I’ll do everything I can. The position doesn’t matter. My love of the game is profound. I just want a chance.”
Adam Caplan at FoxSports.com offers his Top 15 defensive free agents, and Seahawks tackle Brandon Mebane is at No. 4. Caplan on Mebane: “The Seahawks have no depth at defensive tackle to begin with, so it would be a surprise if they didn’t make a strong play to re-sign Mebane. Should he sign elsewhere, the Seahawks likely would have to sign another veteran to replace him. The Rams are probably in worse shape than most teams at defensive tackle, so it wouldn’t be a surprise if they made a run at Mebane, whom they know very well from playing in the same division.”
For the give-us-this-day-our-daily-labor-update item, Chris Mortensen of ESPN.com counters the positive reports from the meetings this week between NFL commissioner Roger Goodell and NFLPA head DeMaurice Smith. Says Mortensen: “Optimism is waning after four consecutive days of negotiations between NFL owners and players and was described as trending “backwards,” player sources told ESPN. Player sources said owners have reneged on a simplified formula that would have given players 48 percent of all revenue. … Players calculate that under the owners’ proposal, it would leave them with approximately with a 45 percent take on revenue, an “unacceptable” amount that one player source said “sets us back to March 11 … before the lockout.”
But Ryan Wilson at CBSSports.com says the new CBA target date could be July 10. Offers Wilson: “The speculation in recent weeks is that owners and players were hoping to have a new CBA, at least in principle, by mid-July. Specifics are hard to come by, primarily because both sides seem more interested in ending the lockout than staging a PR battle through the media. And for the most part, it’s been a successful plan.”
Here at Seahawks.com, we continue our series of articles on the first 35 seasons in franchise history with a look at 1989 – the 14th and final for Hall of Fame wide receiver Steve Largent. We also have a snapshot of what Largent’s final week was like.

b.gif
tXYK9vl5WgM

Source: Seahawks.com

Top Bottom