• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Cyber surfing: Friday

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Good morning. Here’s what’s “out there” about the Seahawks for today, Oct. 28:
Danny O’Neil at the Seattle Times profiles Red Bryant, the Seahawks’ extra-large defensive end who has been so important to their No. 11-ranked run defense and gets his inspiration from his father-in-law – Jacob Green, the franchise’s all-time sack leader. Offers O’Neil: “They wear the same No. 79. They went to the same school, Texas A&M, and Bryant is married to Janelle, one of Green’s three daughters. The similarities only go so far, though, because they followed very different paths to end up at the same position on Seattle’s defensive line.”
Eric Williams at the News Tribune looks Marshawn Lynch, the team’s leading rusher who is expected to return for Sunday’s game against the Cincinnati Bengals at CenturyLink Field after sitting out last week’s game because of back spasms. Says Williams: “Lynch said he has been dealing with a nagging back issue for a while, but it never got to the point where he had to miss a game. ‘It’s frustrating, but at the same time going out and doing battle the way we do, you’ve got to listen to your body sometimes,’ he said. ‘I took the time and actually listened to it, and it told me it wasn’t what I thought it was. Sometimes things happen like that.’ ”
John Boyle at the Everett Herald says, as it has turned, the Bengals aren’t who the Seahawks thought they were. Writes Boyle: “Back in August and early September, the Bengals were a team many though would contend for the worst record in the league, but instead they’re contenders in the tough AFC North. How have the Bengals gone so quickly from pushovers to a team that is favored on the road this weekend? Well, the biggest reason for their resurgence has been the defense, which ranks second in the league in yards allowed, and fourth in terms of points surrendered.”
Christian Caple of PI.com checks in with Charlie Whitehurst, who could be the Seahawks’ starting QB for the second consecutive game. Says Caple: “Thursday at the VMAC means it’s time for the Seahawks’ starting quarterback to speak with the media. And even though coach Pete Carroll has left open the possibility that Tarvaris Jackson (pectoral) could play this week, it was Charlie Whitehurst who was made available to answer questions from reporters, another indication that he will likely make his second consecutive start in Jackson’s place. If that’s the case, Whitehurst is hoping things go a little better against the Bengals than they did against the Browns last week.”
Here at Seahawks.com, we look at Bryant’s reaction to being moved from tackle to end last year: “When Red Bryant heard that he was being moved to defensive end, he was overcome by one sudden and overpowering sensation. ‘I thought I was getting ready to get cut,’ Bryant said. Instead, Bryant has become a sudden and overpowering cut-above force at the five-technique spot in a Seahawks’ defense that ranks 11th in the league in average rushing yards allowed and tops the NFL in per-carry average allowed entering Sunday’s game against the Cincinnati Bengals at CenturyLink Field.”
We’ve also got Thursday’s practice covered in words, pictures and video, as well as Tony Ventrella’s weekly “Seahawks Insider” that features fresh-off-the-practice-field fullback Michael Robinson.
For a look at the rest of the league entering Week 8, there John Clayton’s “First and 10” at ESPN.com; and Peter King’s “Weekend Pickoff” at SI.com, including this assessment of the Seahawks-Bengals game: “Best young safety tandem in football? Seattle’s Kam Chancellor and Earl Thomas. They force the run well, are like linebackers when they rush, and are good hitters with very good ball skills down the field. Chancellor’s got a sack and two picks and a forced fumble in his last three games. He idolized the late Sean Taylor and, at 6-foot-3 and (232) pounds, packs the same kind of wallop Taylor did. Chancellor and Thomas will be the key to making Andy Dalton turn it over, if he does, and turning this game Seattle’s way. I say Dalton is affected by them but not ruined, and makes enough plays to move Cincinnati to a surprising 5-2.”

b.gif
V6g1zhJAe2s

Source: Seahawks.com

Top Bottom