• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Seahawks Cyber surfing: Friday

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Good morning. Here’s what’s “out there” about the Seahawks for today, 11-11-11:
Joshua Mayers of the Seattle Times looks at the big contributions the Seahawks are getting from their big cornerbacks, Brandon Browner and Richard Sherman: “ ‘I love the way these guys are playing,’ (coach Pete) Carroll said. ‘They have tremendous upside. They’re just getting started.’ The Seahawks’ Week 10 opponent, Baltimore, has noticed. ‘Defensively, I can’t believe how well the two young corners are playing,’ said Ravens coach John Harbaugh, referring to Browner and Sherman. ‘These two guys, they’re tall and long and they’re probably a pretty good matchup for our guys.’ “
Eric Williams of the News Tribune looks at another key component of the Seahawks’ secondary, free safety Earl Thomas: “ ‘I’m definitely more comfortable,’ Thomas said. ‘That’s expected. I know the defense now. I’m not out there just running around like I was my rookie year. Now it’s just the little details for me, and don’t try and do too much.’ Not doing too much for Thomas means staying home on play-action fakes instead of taking the bait and giving up big plays. Seattle defensive coordinator Gus Bradley said the 22-year-old Texas native has been more disciplined, and has a better understanding of what opposing offenses are trying to do. ‘What he was doing early (last year) was he was taking advantage of some things … and got some interceptions,” Bradley said. “And then the downside was people started taking advantage of him. Now he’s playing more consistent, and he just needs to know how to pick and choose his times when to go after the ball. When he’s a deep middle-third player, to come up and expect him to make a play on a 10-yard route, that’s not his job. But when they do throw it up and he’s back, now he’s got to take advantage.’ ”
John Boyle at the Everett Herald looks at the letdown the Ravens had the last time they were coming off a big win over the Steelers: “In Week 1, the Ravens opened their season with a lopsided win over bitter rival Pittsburg. It was a statement game, a sign that the Ravens were a team to be reckoned with in 2011. Then a week later, Baltimore fell short on the road in Tennessee, losing by 13 points. Four weeks ago, the Ravens handily beat the AFC South-leading Houston Texans, then turned around and lost to Jacksonville in a Monday Night stinker on the road. ‘We didn’t play up to our ability and we’ve done that a couple times this year,’ quarterback Joe Flacco said on a conference call. ‘We’ve got to be a little more consistent, and I think this week is our chance to prove that we can be that good football team and really put some football games away.’ “
Here at Seahawks.com, we look at the long road that led Red Bryant to being voted the winner of this year’s Ed Block Courage Award: “Bryant’s rehab schedule was five or six days a week, several hours a day, month after month. Then, he had to continue the final stages without the help of the team’s trainers and medical staff because of the 136-day lockout. In March, when the lockout started, Bryant went to Arizona to workout with teammates Brandon Mebane and Leroy Hill. Later, he ended up back at Texas A&M. ‘It’s tough,’ he said. ‘A lot of people don’t see the tough days, where you wake up and you just have a bad day – you can’t really move, you wonder if it’s ever going to happen.’ ”
We’ve also got Thursday’s practice covered in words, pictures and video, as well as Tony Ventrella’s weekly “Seahawks Insider” with guest Steven Hauschka.

b.gif
d6OO6Fvi4QE

Source: Seahawks.com

Top Bottom