• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Seahawks Cyber surfing: Thursday

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Good morning. Here’s what’s “out there” about the Seahawks for today, Nov. 10:
Matt Williamson of Scouts Inc. has his Midseason Top 50 at ESPN.com, and look who checks in at No. 37: Chris Clemons. Perhaps all our shouting about just how well Clemons is playing has worked; someone has noticed what the Seahawks’ “Leo” defensive end is doing. Says Williamson: “Some of you might not know about Clemons, but he is a terrific player. He has had a huge impact since joining the Seahawks, but few get to see it on a regular basis across the country.”
The Seahawks safety tandem of Kam Chancellor and Earl Thomas and center Max Unger did not make Williamson’s list of Top Rising Stars, but they did warrant mention in “others of note.”
Also at ESPN.com, Mike Sando examines the Seahawks quarterback situation in his weekly LuckWatch, starting with the offseason signing of Tarvaris Jackson: “The move told us the Seahawks were serious about drafting a quarterback in 2012, whether it’s Andrew Luck or another prospect likely to be chosen early. Saying so outright would have sent the wrong message to fans and the current team, of course, but a $4 million bet on Jackson wasn’t much of a bet at all.”
Sando also has his Midseason MVPs for each of the teams in the NFC West, and a certain defensive end is the selection for the Seahawks: “This was a tough call because free safety Earl Thomas carries quite a bit of value, too. Clemons stands as the best pass-rusher on a team that needs more of them. His toughness in playing well through injuries has commanded respect from teammates. Clemons remains on pace for his second consecutive season with double-digit sacks. Michael Sinclair was the last Seahawks player with at least 10 sacks in consecutive seasons. He accomplished the feat back in 1997-98. Jacob Green did it twice in the 1980s.”
Danny O’Neil of the Seattle Times looks at the Seahawks’ slow-starting offense as the team heads into the second half of its season: “The Seahawks have scored fewer than 20 points six times, have yet to hold a halftime lead, and in the past three games Seattle has more penalties (29) than points (28). Looking for a bright side? Well, you’re going to have to wait for it. ‘We’re coming around,’ coach Pete Carroll said, ‘and we can see it. The change is happening right before our eyes. So we just have to demonstrate a patience in the sense, in an impatient world, that allows us to make the right decisions and stick with the stuff that we’re doing.’ “
Eric Williams at the News Tribune looks at left guard Robert Gallery, one member of that slow-starting offense: “I’m definitely not where I want to be,” Gallery said. “But that’s football. Every week you’re going to have something that you need to get better at. Obviously, I’d like to be winning more games, as everybody would. And there’s a ton of areas to improve. I’ve got a couple games under my belt after the injury. And obviously you can always play better. You’re never going to be playing great. You can’t have penalties and those sorts of things. I’m not where I want to be. But that’s the NFL, and you have to come back the next week and do the things you know you can do.”
John Boyle at the Everett Herald looks tight end Zach Miller, another member of that slow-starting offense: “Miller is the Seahawks best pass-catching tight end, but he also happens to be their best blocking tight end. That often has meant a more active role in the passing game for backup Anthony McCoy than for Miller, but despite having no catches in two of his past three games, Miller won’t complain about his lack of catches.”
Dave Boling at the New Tribune looks at the other side of the ball, and two players who are difficult to miss because of their size at a position where it’s valued, cornerbacks Brandon Browner and Richard Sherman: “Sherman is a rookie, and Browner is essentially an NFL rookie, so mistakes and miscues can be expected. But Sherman has been responsible for three opponent turnovers in the past two games, and Browner set a franchise record with a 94-yard interception return for a touchdown in the win over the New York Giants.”
Here at Seahawks.com, we look at Marshawn Lynch, and someone else who also has noticed his “violent” running style: “Marshawn Lynch has a big fan in Baltimore. Turns out, it’s John Harbaugh. The Ravens’ coach was asked Wednesday about this week’s game against the Seahawks at CenturyLink Field and his effusive praise for Lynch went beyond the usual platitudes served up by opposing coaches.”
We’ve also got a look at Wednesday’s practice, including the return of wide receiver Deon Butler to the 53-man roster, in words, pictures and video.
It’s worth another trip to ESPN.com to get John Clayton’s midseason grades for all 32 teams. The “Professor” is not too kind to the Seahawks, but they did get the second-best grade in the NFC West.

b.gif
hrS0LinqHro

Source: Seahawks.com

Top Bottom