• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Seahawks Cyber surfing: Thursday

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Good morning. Here’s what’s “out there” about the Seahawks for today, Nov. 17:
Dave Boling at the News Tribune looks at Heath Farwell, a former Pro Bowler who was signed to help the Seahawks’ special teams and has done just that: “Both (Michael) Robinson and (Byron) Maxwell have been big hitters for the Seahawks, but they share awe over Seahawks newcomer Heath Farwell, the drone missile the team picked up four weeks ago. ‘Heath has been fantastic,’ coach Pete Carroll said. ‘He has jumped to the top of the charts on his production. He’s a real pro. We had our eye on him for a couple weeks and didn’t have the opportunity to get him; we were lucky to get him when we did.’ ”
Speaking of Robinson, John Boyle at the Everett Herald looks at his diverse – and unsung – role for the Seahawks: “And while Robinson’s impact on the offense was more noticeable Sunday, he has been a huge part of special teams play since coming to Seattle. As a captain of that unit this season, he was encouraged by the group’s play Sunday. Unlike last year, when special teams was the team’s biggest strength, the Seahawks have been up and down — mostly down — in that area this season. But on Sunday, the kick-coverage team forced two fumbles, one by Robinson, that played a big part in the win.”
Also at the Times, O’Neil sizes up the NFC West, where one team (the 49ers) has eight wins and the other three also have eight wins: “This season, the four teams that comprise the NFC West are 13-17 in games against the rest of the league. That matches the most non-division victories by NFC West teams in any of the previous three seasons.”
Mike Sando at ESPN.com looks at the fan balloting for the Pro Bowl in the NFC West, with punter Jon Ryan and strong safety Kam Chancellor each third at the respective positions. You can cast your votes here.
Also at ESPN, is this on-the-road, but-still-following-the-Seahawks report from musical 12th MAN Duff McKagan: “OK. Now it was time to check the NFL scores and, I thought, time to face the awful score I was sure to see. I mean, heck … the Seahawks were playing the (then-) AFC North-leading Baltimore Ravens, and we were sure to be getting our behinds handed to us. But, no. Somehow, and some way … running back Marshawn Lynch found his way around and through Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis and his crew of defensive bruisers. Seahawks win. Seahawks win! The drudgery and hustle of this tour somehow all seemed less overwhelming as I basked alone in my hotel room.”
Here at Seahawks.com, we look at Paul McQuistan, who steps in at right guard for the injured John Moffitt. McQuistan’s take: “It’s not that big a deal.”
We’ve also got recaps of yesterday’s practice in “Wednesday in Hawkville,” including the latest on Tarvaris Jackson; and Tony Ventrella’s video report.

b.gif
ww0yP3we0bs

Source: Seahawks.com

Top Bottom