• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Cyber surfing: Tuesday

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Good morning. Here’s what’s “out there” about the Seahawks for today, June 7:
Mike Sando at ESPN.com catches up with running back Justin Forsett, who was instrumental in setting up the players’ lockout workouts last week at the University of Washington. Said Forsett: “It started a couple weeks ago. I just had a feeling that we need to get the guys together and get some chemistry so it would be an easier transition to whenever we go back to football. I called Matt (Hasselbeck) first to see what he thought. He was for it. I knew if I had him on board, a lot of guys would want to work out. He is the only one who really knows the playbook, having been under (new coordinator) Darrell Bevell before. We get a chance to listen to some of the terminology and get a jump start on that. After that, I sent out some emails. I got in touch with agents for rookies. I went through Twitter and Facebook. The response was really good. Guys flew in from all over.”
Sando also checks in with wide receiver Mike Williams, who had 22 of his team-leading 65 receptions last season against the NFC West rival Cardinals.
In his weekly mailbag for ESPN.com, John Clayton handles another question about the Seahawks’ quarterback situation. But he sticks to the same thought he’s had all offseason: “(Kyle) Orton would be a good fit, but it would serve the Seahawks better to re-sign Hasselbeck and not give up the second- or third-round choice it would cost to acquire Orton.”
Dan Arkush of Pro Football Weekly has a “Lockout limbo” rundown on the Seahawks. Arkush gives the Seahawks a “7” on the “Lockout fallout” index, offering: “On a scale from 1 to 10 (with 10 being the most significantly impacted), the Seahawks rate a 7. It’s going to take some time to adjust to the latest new offensive system in Seattle. A lack of clarity at quarterback and a dramatically revamped offensive line with at least two rookies and one second-year pro (2010 first-round OLT Russell Okung) won’t help matters. What should help is an increased comfort level in Pete Carroll’s second season in Seattle after an often-chaotic maiden voyage.”
Willie Gault never played for the Seahawks, but he did play against them 14 times – twice with the Bears (1984 and 1987) and 12 times with the Raiders (1988-93). He caught 30 passes for 509 yards against the Seahawks, including TD catches of 51 and 36 yards. That tenuous connection is enough to link to this story from the Daily Herald. Gault, who also was an Olympic qualifier for the Summer and Winter Games, recently ran the 100-meter dash in 10.88 seconds and the 200 in 22.44. At the age of 50.
As for the give-us-this-day-our-daily-labor-update offering, the Associated Press reports that U.S. District Judge Susan Richard Nelson has scheduled a hearing on the owners’ motion to dismiss an antitrust lawsuit from a group of players for Sept. 12. That’s four days after the regular season is set to open in Green Bay, and one day after the first Sunday of games for the 2011 season.
Here at Seahawks.com, we continue to recap the first 35 seasons in franchise history with a look at 1997. During that season, Warren Moon had a 409-yard, five-TD pass performance against the Raiders at the Kingdome. Was it the best single-game passing effort in club history? You can vote on that here.

b.gif
SugMcK8C2NE

Source: Seahawks.com

Top Bottom