• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Cyber surfing: Tuesday

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Good morning. Here’s what’s “out there” about the Seahawks for today, Aug. 2:
The interview du jour at the camp café was Robert Gallery, one of the newest Seahawks who was signed to fill the left guard spot on an otherwise young and inexperienced line. So that’s where we’ll start.
Eric Williams of the News Tribune focuses on Gallery’s toughness. Says Gallery, the ex-Raider: “Some guys don’t have that mentality. Not all guys will be like that, but if you’re like me, I live for that stuff. The downfield stuff, cutting guys – all legal stuff, but it’s stuff that slows guys down. That’s football. As long as you’re doing it to the whistle, that wears on defensive guys. That’s the way you want to be as a lineman. You want to beat them down until they won’t get up.”
Here at Seahawks.com, we take a first look at Gallery, and then look a little deeper: “Long hair pulled back into a ponytail. Unruly beard. A rainbow’s worth of tattoos on each of his massive arms. All this on a 6-foot-7, 325-pound body. The dots had to be connected: At first glance, Robert Gallery looks like a bouncer at a biker bar. Then, the newest member of the Seahawks’ new-look offensive line cracks a smile before speaking softly and articulately. “I guess you don’t judge a book by its cover,” Gallery offered Monday after practice at the team’s training camp. “My mom would be upset if I wasn’t well-spoken and didn’t handle myself right.” Gallery paused briefly, smiled again and then added, “I guess the persona is good. If the right people are intimidated, that’s great. But I’m just like everybody else. I don’t pretend to be a bad boy.”
Danny O’Neil of the Seattle Times takes a look at the new-look to the roster, and how coach Pete Carroll feels the team can be better quickly. Says O’Neil: “In the week since the lockout ended, the team has removed a sizable portion of its old-growth timber, and now it’s time to survey what’s left.” Offers Carroll: “We’re surprised in what we look like right now. We’re really pleased with where we are right now — the competitiveness, the athleticism, the skill level — and we’re still working.”
Also from the Times, Jerry Brewer wonders where the leadership will come from with all this youth. Says Brewer: “If you believe leadership is essential, then you’re hoping Tarvaris Jackson can win over the locker room. And you’re hoping some leaders emerge from a group that includes (Justin) Forsett, Marshawn Lynch, Brandon Mebane, David Hawthorne, Earl Thomas, Russell Okung, Robert Gallery, Sidney Rice and Mike Williams. And you’re hoping guys like Leon Washington and Michael Robinson continue to set a good example. The Seahawks have plenty of candidates.”
At PI.com, Christian Caple checks in with Jameson Konz, the tight end who was lining up at defensive end in practice Monday. Said Konz: “They didn’t necessarily move me to D-end, but we have a few guys banged up and we wanted to have somebody take their spot, so I jumped over for a bit.”
Mike Sando at ESPN.com examines the Seahawks’ reported pursuit of free-agent tight end Zach Miller, another ex-Raider. Says Sando: “Miller’s production has remained steady. He would upgrade the position considerably for Seattle.”
Also at Seahawks.com, we’ve got recaps of the morning practice and the afternoon walk-thru. There’s also a video recap from Tony Ventrella.

b.gif
5jKasygiAlI

Source: Seahawks.com

Top Bottom