• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Seahawks Cyber surfing: Tuesday

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Good morning. Here’s what’s “out there” about the Seahawks for today, Nov. 15:
Danny O’Neil at the Seattle Times takes a look at the loss of rookie right guard John Moffitt to a season-ending knee injury: “Moffitt suffered injuries to the medial collateral and post collateral ligaments in his right knee. He will have to undergo surgery.”
Also from O’Neil, a look at the potential that came with Sunday’s upset victory over the Ravens: “There are 10 NFL teams with six victories or more. The Seahawks are one of five teams to have beaten two of those teams that are 6-3 or better. None of the four other teams to accomplish the feat has fewer than six wins, let alone the 3-6 record Seattle holds. So what do the Seahawks take from Sunday’s victory? ‘We had another really good illustration that we can win against a division-leading team,’ Carroll said. ‘You play good, solid football with the right approach and you take care of the football.’ “
Dave Boling at the News Tribune takes a look at the penalties that continue to plague the Seahawks, including 13 for 100 yards in Sunday’s game against the Ravens: “The problem is not new, and it’s only getting worse. The Seahawks now have 83 accepted penalties in nine games – more than they had in six entire seasons since 1987. They’re the second-most flagrant scofflaws in the NFL, trailing only the Oakland Raiders (91), who have long ago retired the Golden Hochuli Award for on-field anarchy.”
Gerry Spratt at PI.com provides one more look at the move Marshawn Lynch put on Ray Lewis near the end of Sunday’s game, and it worth at least another look or three.
John Boyle at the Everett Herald runs through the injury updates after Sunday’s game, including the concussions received by Sidney Rice, Kam Chancellor and Doug Baldwin: “ ‘We’re not going to know until Thursday or Friday on these guys whether they’ll be able to play or not because of the process that they have to go through,’ Carroll said.”
Also at the Herald, Scott Johnson continues his “The Game of My Life” series with a look at Fredd Young: “Fredd Young first jumped on to the football radar during his senior season at Woodrow Wilson High School in Dallas, but it wasn’t until a couple years later that he really made a name for himself. Or, more accurately, Britt Mayberry made the name for him. Mayberry, a little-known backup linebacker on the New Mexico State football team, was the person who suggested that Frederick Kimball Young change the spelling of his shortened first name. Mayberry told his teammate, Fred Young, that he should add a second ‘D’ to his name because he hit so hard it made opposing players stutter. And so Fred Young became Fredd Young.”
Mike Sando at ESPN.com has “Five Observations” from the Seahawks’ upset of the Ravens, including: “Seahawks had the better quarterback. Tarvaris Jackson outplayed Joe Flacco by a shockingly wide margin. Jackson hung tough in the pocket when pressure was mounting and delivered the ball accurately, including to Marshawn Lynch. But the most impressive play for Jackson showcased his strong arm. Jackson, supposedly limited by a strained right pectoral muscle, threw a pass 45 yards in the air to Doug Baldwin on an across-the-body throw while rolling hard to his left. Not many quarterbacks can make that type of throw. Flacco repeatedly missed receivers. He missed one potential touchdown on a deep pass and another when tight end Dennis Pitta slipped behind linebacker Leroy Hill in the end zone. Flacco overthrew both passes. He also threw into double coverage in the end zone on another play. Seattle’s Brandon Browner and Earl Thomas collided while trying to make the pick, or else this would have been an interception.”
Here at Seahawks.com, we look back at Steven Hauschka’s five-field goal performance in our “Monday Metatarsal Musings”: “Sunday, he was your basic bundle of nerves during pregame warm-ups – usually the barometer of how a kicker’s day will go – because the Seahawks’ opponent was the team that released him in November of 2009. ‘The funny thing is I didn’t even kick well in warm-ups,’ Hauschka said. ‘It just kind of came together during the game. I was kind of distracted during warm-ups because I knew half the guys on the other sideline. But once I got that out of there, then I felt like I started kicking well.’ ‘
We’ve also got at look at the offense moving on without Moffitt, as well as recaps of the day in “Monday in Hawkville” and Tony Ventrella’s video report.

b.gif
4veklfRnKKQ

Source: Seahawks.com

Top Bottom