• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Seahawks Cyber surfing: Tuesday

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Good morning. Here’s what’s “out there” about the Seahawks for today, Dec. 20:
Danny O’Neil at the Seattle Times looks at the Seahawks’ second-half resurgence, and he’s not talking only about what happened in Sunday’s big win over the Bears: “Finishing wasn’t a question when the Seahawks reached the midway point of this season. At 2-6, the Seahawks looked finished. Turns out that was only half the story, and not necessarily the most important half in the mind of coach Pete Carroll. ‘It’s just exciting to see these guys latch on to the ability to play late in the season, late in the games,’ Carroll said after Sunday’s comeback in Chicago. ‘To finish games.’ “
O’Neil also looks at the Seahawks’ not-that-complicated formula for getting to the postseason: “The Seahawks’ playoff chances aren’t all that complicated at this point. They’re not all that good, either. Seattle must win its final two games, and that’s just for starters. For Seattle to make the playoffs, one of two scenarios must also play out: 1) Detroit must lose both of its final two games. If the Seahawks and Lions both finish 9-7, the Seahawks would win any tiebreaker scenario that would result by virtue of their conference record. 2) Atlanta must lose its final two games AND Chicago must win its final two games. Seattle would not win a two-team tiebreaker against Atlanta because of the Falcons’ head-to-head victory in Seattle in Week 4. The Seahawks would win a multi-team tiebreaker against Atlanta at 9-7 as long as the Bears were one of the other teams involved.”
Eric Williams at the News Tribune also sizes up the Seahawks’ hopes for extending their season: “Said fullback Michael Robinson: ‘It’s not about who we’re playing – it’s about us, and about things we can control. So I think as long as we can keep that mentality, it doesn’t matter who is on the other sideline.’ … The easiest way for Seattle to make the postseason is for Detroit (9-5) to lose its final two games while Seattle wins its final two games. Both teams would be 9-7, and the Seahawks would advance as the No. 6 seed because they would have a better conference record.”
Also at the News Tribune, Dave Boling casts a Pro Bowl vote for Marshawn Lynch: “But you don’t have to strain your eyes much to envision a number of other Seahawks either deserving now or on the threshold of Pro Bowl recognition. Running back Marshawn Lynch made it once with the Buffalo Bills, and he has cracked the 1,000-yard mark this season while scoring 12 touchdowns – second highest by NFC running backs. Lynch’s violent rushing style has reversed team fortunes and earned highlight-reel exposure across the country. A full season of performance at the level he’s reached in this second half, and Lynch might threaten 2,000 yards.”
John Boyle at the Everett Herald looks at the unconventional way the Seahawks have built their unconventional defense: “When ESPN’s Monday Night Football crew was on hand for a practice prior to the Seahawks’ win over St. Louis last week, one member of the team, upon seeing (Brandon) Browner and (Richard) Sherman up close, ran over to announcer Jon Gruden and excitedly said, ‘Jon, did you see how (bleeping) big those corners are?’ “
Also at the Herald, Scott Johnson continues his “The Game of my Life” series with a look at Brian Blades: “As it turned out, I was a big part of the game plan that day. Me, as a rookie, being a big part of the game plan in a game we knew we had to win was kind of special. You come in as a rookie, and just to get an opportunity to play is good. But to be a part of the game plan when the game is on the line and the season is on the line, I just didn’t want to let those guys down. I wanted to go out, do my best and make the plays I was afforded to make. I just wanted to make the best of it. Fortunately, I did. I caught four passes for 123 yards, with a pair of touchdowns. They gave me the opportunity, and I made the most of it.”
Mike Sando at ESPN.com has the word on the 49ers’ impressive showing against the Steelers on Monday night, as the NFC West champs now prepare for Saturday’s game against the Seahawks at CenturyLink Field: “ ‘This was a big one,’ (tight end Vernon) Davis said, and he was right. The 49ers improved to 11-3, remaining on course to claim the NFC’s second seed and a first-round playoff bye. They beat an NFL power with a 10-3 record coming into the game, suppressing doubts that lingered following two recent defeats. They solved long-running problems in the red zone, scoring touchdowns twice in three chances. And they allowed zero sacks after taking 18 in their previous three games. ‘It showed the world that we’re serious and we can play big games on the national stage,’ Davis said.”
Here at Seahawks.com, in our “Monday metatarsal musings” we look at how the majority of Chris Clemons’ sacks have come on the road, and not at CenturyLink Field: “Of Clemons’ 11 sacks last season, 6½ came in road games. This season, it’s been an even more dramatic disparity, with nine of his sacks coming on the road – including two in Sunday’s bigger-than-big victory over the Bears in Chicago. But wait, there’s more: Clemons has seven multiple-sack games for the Seahawks, and six have come away from the raucous confines of the venue the team calls home. Clemons let us all in on his little secret in the locker room at Soldier Field on Sunday afternoon. ‘My thing is, the competition level is a lot better because you can get more on the road,’ he explained. ‘Getting off the ball at home, you can’t hear really anything. That’s not an excuse for me not being able to produce at home as much as I do on the road. But teams tend to play us differently at home, with the quick throws and things like that. When they’re at home, they think they have a better opportunity because of the hard counts and because of the snap counts. So they get an opportunity to drop back more.’ ”
In “Monday in Hawkville,” we take a look at Pro Bowl-worthy Seahawks as the players and coaches in the league will cast their votes this week, and Tony Ventrella looks back at Sunday’s game in his video recap.

b.gif
6FlsRqwNdfI

Source: Seahawks.com

Top Bottom