• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Cyber surfing: Wednesday

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Good morning. Here’s what was “out there” about the Seahawks over the long weekend and for today, July 6:
Walter Jones or Jonathan Ogden? NFL.com continues its series looking at the top players at each position in the Y2K era. When it comes to offensive linemen, they offer arguments for Jones, the Seahawks’ nine-time Pro Bowl left tackle; and Ogden, an 11-time Pro Bowlers for the Ravens. Elliott Harrison on Jones: “The 2000s have been an era when passing is king. No longer do teams run to set up the pass. Because quarterbacks are dropping back so much, pass protection has been at a premium. With that in mind, a left tackle has to get my vote for offensive lineman of the 2000s. The left tackle protects the quarterback’s blind side (unless we’re talking lefties) and often deals with the defense’s top pass rusher. The best I saw during this era was Jones.” There’s also a poll, where you can vote for Jones or Ogden. Do it, because Big Walt needs your help in this.
While subbing for the vacationing Mike Sando at ESPN.com, Matt Williamson of Scouts Inc. is ranking the players in the NFC West. Today, it’s 11-15, and Seahawks linebacker David Hawthorne is at No. 15. Says Williamson: “You might be asking, “Who?” Get to know this player. All he does is produce. When Lofa Tatupu went down in 2009, Hawthorne burst onto the scene, well, quietly burst onto the scene. He was a tackling machine and still is. In 2010, he went from the middle to the weak side but didn’t skip a beat. Hawthorne might not excel in one particular area, but he truly does everything well. He is now just entering his prime. Amazingly and under the radar, Hawthorne is the Seahawks’ best linebacker.”
Pro Football Weekly polled its staff members and correspondents to determine the Top 5 fan bases in the NFL. Checking in at No. 4 is the 12th Man, which got high marks for the volume it generates at Seahawks games. Ranking ahead of the Seahawks fans in this video report: 3, Kansas City; 2, Pittsburgh; 3, Green Bay.
John Boyle of the Everett Herald was on hand for the grand opening of the Seahawks new Pro Shop in downtown Seattle on Friday afternoon, and filed this report on Jones’ part in the festivities. Jones has settled into retirement, telling Boyle, “It’s been good. Just to get away from the game has been great. I don’t regret it, there’s no itch to play again. The 13 years that I played, I put my all into it, so for me to walk away was fine. … I enjoy being with my family, spending time with them, just running around with the kids.”
For the give-us-this-day-our-daily-labor-update item, Ryan Wilson of CBSSports.com offers links to several optimistic stories that the end of the lockout could be near. Says Wilson: “The specifics of the lockout – who’s who’s right, who’s wrong, who’s richer or less so – mean little to fans at this point. All they want is football. It’s pretty simple, really.”
If real football is close to returning (typed with fingers crossed), then Fantasy Football can’t be far behind. CBSSports.com has this rundown on the Seahawks, offering: “The Seahawks have the potential to surprise us all again. It could be another successful season for second-year coach Pete Carroll.”
Here at Seahawks.com, we continue our series of articles on the players voted to the 35th Anniversary team by catching up with Hall of Fame wide receiver Steve Largent – the leading vote-getter. Of being remembered so fondly 21 years after he caught his last pass, Largent offered, “I’m grateful. And I think the older I get the more grateful I am. It’s nice to have people still have fond memories of my time in Seattle and my playing career. It certainly was a very, very special part of my life.”

b.gif
lQDjRzlnWF4

Source: Seahawks.com

Top Bottom