• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

End of the Season Power Rankings

12thManFan

Huddler
Reaction score
I still really like the Colts for the AFC next year. The next best in the NFC in my opinion are the Panthers. 49ers are good but now that Cam and that defense have had a taste of the playoffs, they're going to be hungry. The GM and coaching staff have built upon some good draft classes as well and I expect that to continue.

I think some other teams that could surprise would be the Lions and Eagles.

OP
SF 16 8 80

SF 16 8 80

Huddler
Reaction score
I still really like the Colts for the AFC next year. The next best in the NFC in my opinion are the Panthers. 49ers are good but now that Cam and that defense have had a taste of the playoffs, they're going to be hungry. The GM and coaching staff have built upon some good draft classes as well and I expect that to continue.

I think some other teams that could surprise would be the Lions and Eagles.
Lions are in a bad salary cap situation.

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
The Seahawks and 49ers will continue to be the two best teams in the NFL through 2014 (barring injuries) while they have key contributors on rookie contracts. It gives them a huge advantage with cap space and while the Hawks were paying guys like Sherman and Russell Wilson peanuts they were able to exploit that and sign guys like Avril, Bennett and Harvin, something no other team was able to do.
After 2014 though, that advantage goes away for the most part, unless Pete and John can continue to find those gems in the lower rounds.

Carolina's another contender too but I wouldn't put them ahead of the Niners. The Niners have better offensive personnel across the board, from their league-best O-line to their TE to their crop of receivers. Their defense will be compromised until Bowman's back but once he is they should still be a bit of a threat to the Seahawks.

Last edited:
OP
SF 16 8 80

SF 16 8 80

Huddler
Reaction score
The Seahawks and 49ers will continue to be the two best teams in the NFL through 2014 (barring injuries) while they have key contributors on rookie contracts. It gives them a huge advantage with cap space and while the Hawks were paying guys like Sherman and Russell Wilson peanuts they were able to exploit that and sign guys like Avril, Bennett and Harvin, something no other team was able to do.
After 2014 though, that advantage goes away for the most part, unless Pete and John can continue to find those gems in the lower rounds.

Carolina's another contender too but I wouldn't put them ahead of the Niners. The Niners have better offensive personnel across the board, from their league-best O-line to their TE to their crop of receivers. Their defense will be compromised until Bowman's back but once he is they should still be a bit of a threat to the Seahawks.
He just had surgery and they are saying 7 months of rehab, so should be back for the beginning of the season.

Top Bottom