• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

EWU’s ‘big secret’

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
INDIANAPOLIS – How did a running back who is projected to be a third-round pick in April’s NFL draft end up at Eastern Washington University? “I got overlooked by a lot of schools and Eastern was the only school that offered me a full ride (scholarship),” Taiwan Jones said today during his interview session in [...]
b.gif

INDIANAPOLIS – How did a running back who is projected to be a third-round pick in April’s NFL draft end up at Eastern Washington University?

“I got overlooked by a lot of schools and Eastern was the only school that offered me a full ride (scholarship),” Taiwan Jones said today during his interview session in the media room at the NFL scouting combine.

So the versatile back from Antioch, Calif., was introduced to life in Cheney, Wash., where*he ended up producing 4,766 all-purpose yards in two seasons – after spending his first season as a cornerback.

To say that Jones is enjoying his combine experience doesn’t begin to describe just how fun he is having.

“It’s definitely a dream come true, because I always felt like I was a big secret to everybody,” he said.

His attitude is helping Jones not only endure but embrace the tedious process of sitting through one meeting after another where representatives from NFL teams ask variations of the*same questions.

“It’s just exciting, even if they are asking me the same questions over and over,” he said through a large smile. “At least they’re asking.”

b.gif
L-wpgpRMsAA

Source: Seahawks.com

Top Bottom