• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Holmgren #1 on the browns list

Reaction score
[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4634879"]Source: Cleveland Browns owner to reach out to Mike Holmgren - ESPN[/ame]

yuck

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
You've gotta think he'd want to wait out the season to see all his options. Being that his family is here in Seattle, if Ruskell gets canned, I would suspect he would rather take that job.

Seahawk Freak

Huddler
Reaction score
No way Holmy goes to Cleveland! I say Holmy becomes GM next year, and we fire Mora, bring in Gruden to coach and bring in some smash mouth, discipline. This team is way to Effing soft and they have no heart!

Reaction score
Seahawk Freak said:
No way Holmy goes to Cleveland! I say Holmy becomes GM next year, and we fire Mora, bring in Gruden to coach and bring in some smash mouth, discipline. This team is way to Effing soft and they have no heart!
Mora won't be fired. They'll give him at least one more year.

OP
SeahawkWag
Reaction score
and that is the GM's problem
this was his idea
he should have asked the big names FIRST to see if they were interested.
told you so

Reaction score
SeahawkWag said:
and that is the GM's problem
this was his idea
he should have asked the big names FIRST to see if they were interested.
told you so
A big name wouldn't have changed anything. Did you forget about 2008 already? A GM change is what needs to happen. Someone who actually knows that you need depth, someone who has been a head coach for a long time...

Reaction score
I am still going with my gut feeling... Holmy takes over as GM and cans Mora he's familiar with Gruden and I think Gruden comes to Seattle.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
I say give Mora a chance too, he's just gotten started.
All you nay sayers wanting instant change and sucess, it isnt that easy.
Gruden wasnt getting shit done before he got canned. Cowher went through many years of sub-par football before Ben and the boyz came, he just left on top. Both are great coaches IMO but if you think they will come in and magically turn this team around, you need set the crack pipe down and return to reality.

I am starting to turn on Ruskell though, some of his offseason decisions have really hurt us.
Expecially this year with the line. It would be good have holmy in the orginazation.

I like this about Mora this week though. The call he made to go for it on 4 and 1 in the 1st on our own 40 was a horrible decision. In his press confrence he even said it was, he was going on a gut feeling, and said " Even if they would have made it would have been a bad decision." At least he's owning up to his bad calls and showing resolve.

Reaction score
Mora also told Knapp to bail on the run game and go with Hasselbeck and the passing game. If they kept with the run game the Seahawks probably would have lost.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Yeah sounded like they had to abandon the orginal game plan and just go with what is working. That shows courage and flexibility. Wonder what the game plan is for next week.
I like our chances better with Lucas, Trufant, Josh, all being healthy and in the game.

Reaction score
If we come out passing the ball maybe we open up the running game... Our team ALWAYS starts slow on both sides of the ball. throwing to set up the run seems to make sense and giving the defense more time to rest at the beginning of the game would be good.

However lets remember that the first play Knapp called against the Lions was a pass that Matt tried to force to Housh and it ended up getting intercepted.

Top Bottom