• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Is Wagner Struggling ?

Idahawk

Reaction score
I don't have exact stats but the eye test tells me that we looked better with KJ at ML then with Wagner . I didn't see Malcolm Smith at all and he was money at Arizona , yet he only played on special teams against Tampa ?? which seems silly now after we got gashed for another 200 yards . If its all about competing then mix it up some , back to back 200 yard rushers isn't cool win or lose .

Last edited:

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Thats what ppl (media) are saying. I haven't noticed it. Wagner, nor KJ has 'popped' that I have seen all season. BI has had some nice pressures, Malcom has had some nice snaps in relief and BU roles. Waggs has been hurt though, but I have noticed him missing "fits" thats what Ive heard.

McDonald is DT, they call him "the trucker". He has had some nice games, good pass rush but is not known as a run stuffer.

I think their has been too much emphasis on the pass rush that we are getting to aggressive trying to get through the gaps rather then plug the running lanes. Red has missed some tackles which hurts us, he is so big in the run defense.

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
Sorry Szat I meant Malcolm not McDonald

I didn't see Malcolm Smith at LB is what I meant

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Malcom Smith will see "elevated opportunities" lol, per Pete Caroll.

I think we have one of the best LB core, I hope they learned from the film and DC and players can make adjustments, cause this group can reek havoc on teams.

Reaction score
Malcom Smith will see "elevated opportunities" lol, per Pete Caroll.

I think we have one of the best LB core, I hope they learned from the film and DC and players can make adjustments, cause this group can reek havoc on teams.

With Bruce and Malcolm playing OLB and KJ in the middle, we held Chris Johnson and Tennessee to 66 total yards rushing. 33 of that came from Fitzpatrick. The following week we held AZ to 30 total rushing yards. Since Wagner’s return, KJ moved back outside and Malcolm has only seen occasional spot duties at LB. Since then, our opponents have rushed for 200 and 205 yards.
Numbers don't lie folks. Also, I paid particular attention to Wagner in the Tampa game and he's getting eaten up by blockers and hesitates too much.

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
And now with Red out for this game we need stellar play in the middle . Wagner may still not be 100 % due to injury I guess we'll see what happens

Reaction score
And now with Red out for this game we need stellar play in the middle . Wagner may still not be 100 % due to injury I guess we'll see what happens
Well, they looked pretty good. Still gave up a couple big runs to Quizz right up the gut. Lucky for is ATL passes the ball 70% of the time and doesn't have the patience to stay with the run.

Reaction score
That tackle for a loss by Mebane was fantastic. He blew up the guard or center, drove him back 4 or 5 yards and then tackled the back by the ankles. Can't draw it up any better.

Top Bottom