• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Leavy Apologizes for Super Bowl XL

BlueTalon

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Reading the article, it sounded like he only admitted to two calls that were screwed up, presumably ones he himself called. But as the head of that officiating crew, he needs to man up and account for all the other messed up calls and non-calls that were made by the rest of his crew.

On a personal note, I have daydreamed about tying up Mike Perriera to a wooden chair, making him watch SBXL* over and over, and either admit to the bad officiating or get zapped with a cattle prod everywhere it occurs.

Striker

Huddler
Reaction score
I still argue with Steeler fans at my work over that SB on the regular. That game was so hard to watch andstill believe the NFL isn't rigged. However I try to convince myself that it was just bad luck, least makes me feel better about the rest of the games ever played and still to be played.

As far as I see it, Steelers had a huge fan base with a sweet story about a young QB rising to the top, a RB who returns home to win it all, and a team who made it all the way from the wild card spot to win it all! (Were they the first too ever officially do that?)

All those stories add up to money money and more money. They had said the ratio of Seahawks to Steelers fans at game was 10-1 or some such rediculous number at the time. It is obvious where the win for the Steelers factors in over the Seahawks on the business front, but I just don't want to believe it.

Here is hoping the Seahawks make it to another SB and this one not be yanked out from under us.

robdog

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
"It was a tough thing for me. I kicked two calls in the fourth quarter and I impacted the game and as an official you never want to do that. It left me with a lot of sleepless nights and I think about it constantly. I'll go to my grave wishing that I'd been better. I know that I did my best at that time, but it wasn't good enough. When we make mistakes, you got to step up and own them. It's something that all officials have to deal with, but unfortunately when you have to deal with it in the Super Bowl it's difficult."

Seahawks definitely got screwed on that game. This might make a few people feel better that he came forward to admit "some" mistakes, but I am sure this will piss off others who knew he was making terrible calls.

Top Bottom