• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

New Season Predictions?

Reaction score
After the ass raping the Seahawks got today...what do you expect the Seahawks do be able to do this season?

I understood losing to the Colts and the Bears game we should have won, but today the team looked like shit. The only bright spot was Jon Ryan throwing a pass to John Carlson for around 40 yards. After a huge 41-0 shutout of the Jags, the Seahawks were flying high. Everyone was excited about the season, then they got shot down today.

Looking at the rest of the season, I'd be surprised if they could pull out 2 or 3 more wins. This team is horrible and I'm tired of using the injuries as an excuse for everything. The only excuse I will let fly is having 4th stringers at LT and LG. We shouldn't even have 4th stringers out there. Ruskell should have signed someone before this season. He knew the age of Walter Jones, he knew that Mike Wahle retired. Yet, he felt that we had the depth to make up for it. Let Ruskell's contract expire at the end of the season or fire him now. We need Holmgren at GM...maybe even at Head Coach...

Edit: Alright, I take that back. They may be able to win 4 more games. That's if they can beat the Lions, Rams, Buccaneers and Titans. 6-10 Season! WOOOOO! :roll:

Reaction score
Screw predictions. I'm done with them. If we get healthy every game after the bye (with the excpetion of playing in Minnesota) is a winnable game. We're not as bas as we looked today. I think the entire game came down to our O-line being so beat up. Now how much getting Locklear, Sims, and possibly Jones back will help I can't say... Sure as hell can't hurt.

OP
Fenom
Reaction score
bobflipaburger said:
Screw predictions. I'm done with them. If we get healthy every game after the bye (with the excpetion of playing in Minnesota) is a winnable game. We're not as bas as we looked today. I think the entire game came down to our O-line being so beat up. Now how much getting Locklear, Sims, and possibly Jones back will help I can't say... Sure as hell can't hurt.
I typed that up after seeing some highlights of today, so my emotions got the best of me, lol...Now that I'm not pissed off at the team for looking so bad, I think they can still get back above .500 and stay there. The Cowboys won't be an easy team to beat, but I think we can do it. If we beat them, we'll definitely beat the Lions. Then we have our revenge on the Cardinals. Hopefully the headline after the Cards game is something like "Sweet, Sweet Revenge."

Reaction score
I stick with my first prediction
We still suck on both sides of the ball.
Ruskell's picks are not getting better. Jennings and Wilson are not NFL players. He overspent on the LB's AGAIN and he has given away the future by not drafting OL or QB

Reaction score
I stick with my first prediction
We still suck on both sides of the ball.
Ruskell's picks are not getting better. Jennings and Wilson are not NFL players. He overspent on the LB's AGAIN and he has given away the future by not drafting OL or QB

Reaction score
Dude we did draft a QB. And we drafted Unger. This QB class is better and I'm sure we'll take a tackle this upcoming draft.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Number 18 said:
No idea. This team is ridiculously inconsistent and therefore impossible to predict.

This I agree with, what a flip flop. 8-8 would be my prediction based on where we are at now.

I gotta say though, i dont think we are struggling on both sides of the ball.
Look at TOP; 43 to 17 minutes. Cards had the ball for 3 quarters, we are lucky they only scored 27 points. And we had horrible field position on 2 or 3 times.

Matt looked aweful, flustered, frustrated, overthrowing the ball, clutching, holding it too long, forcing the ball.
I know there are other issues that contributed, like protection, bad run game, wr not completing routes, new system, ruskell cant draft, blah blah blah, but the main reason we lost yesterday was aweful QB play.
Period; end of story.

Reaction score
bobflipaburger said:
Dude we did draft a QB. And we drafted Unger. This QB class is better and I'm sure we'll take a tackle this upcoming draft.
They drafted Unger to play C in the future not LT or LG

Reaction score
SZAT the Cards took it to our OL Matt never had time and when he did the WR NEVER got open. Easy to do when our OL has no quality depth and no running game.
Plus the D cannot get off the field. The Cards are who stopped the Cards. We never got pressure to the old fart.

Reaction score
szat said:
Number 18 said:
No idea. This team is ridiculously inconsistent and therefore impossible to predict.

This I agree with, what a flip flop. 8-8 would be my prediction based on where we are at now.

Look at TOP; 43 to 17 minutes. Cards had the ball for 3 quarters, we are lucky they only scored 27 points. And we had horrible field position on 2 or 3 times.

Matt looked aweful, flustered, frustrated, overthrowing the ball, clutching, holding it too long, forcing the ball.
I know there are other issues that contributed, like protection, bad run game, wr not completing routes, new system, ruskell cant draft, blah blah blah, but the main reason we lost yesterday was aweful QB play.
Period; end of story.

I disagree. The reason we lost yesterday was the offensive line. We had to use a lot of short routes and 3 step drops because they were unable to protect Matt. The bad run game can also be pinned on the O-line. I pin the offense's struggles on the O-line. The defense struggled the first 2 drives, but after that they were actually pretty good. You could actually make the argument that they really weren't that bad after the 1st drive since the next 10 points the Cards scored after that we on an extremely short field(one time because of awful special teams play and another time because of awful OFFENSIVE LINE play). Eventually the TOP caught up with the defense and we allowed 10 more points. It's unfair to pin this on Matt. Granted he didn't play very well at all, but if he had time back there he would have shredded the Cards' secondary.We went down 7-0 because of defense. We went down 14-0 because of special teams (although the defense easily could have held them to 3). Every score after that that we allowed I blame squarely on the O-line.

Reaction score
SeahawkWag said:
bobflipaburger said:
They drafted Unger to play C in the future not LT or LG

You said OL not LT. Like I said before I guarantee we'll draft a Tackle this year. Stop your pissing and moaning you're really fucking annoying.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
bobflipaburger said:
szat said:
Number 18 said:

Period; end of story.

I disagree. The reason we lost yesterday was the offensive line. We had to use a lot of short routes and 3 step drops because they were unable to protect Matt. The bad run game can also be pinned on the O-line. I pin the offense's struggles on the O-line. The defense struggled the first 2 drives, but after that they were actually pretty good. You could actually make the argument that they really weren't that bad after the 1st drive since the next 10 points the Cards scored after that we on an extremely short field(one time because of awful special teams play and another time because of awful OFFENSIVE LINE play). Eventually the TOP caught up with the defense and we allowed 10 more points. It's unfair to pin this on Matt. Granted he didn't play very well at all, but if he had time back there he would have shredded the Cards' secondary.We went down 7-0 because of defense. We went down 14-0 because of special teams (although the defense easily could have held them to 3). Every score after that that we allowed I blame squarely on the O-line.

The protection was definetly a factor, I'll give you that. But this was the same gimped OL, for all intents and purposes, that went up against the Jags, against a better pass defense and put up 41. However this was not the same Matt that I saw against the Jags.

I was at both games and here are some observatons I made from yesterdays game:
- Kurt Warner was under constant pressure; difference is he makes throw before contact.
- The nice thing about being at a game is you dont have to watch the camera angle. Several times in the first half I keyed in on certian seahawks recievers that I thought based on coverage looks might be open, and sometimes they were open. One glaring time Housh was wide open on a post, would have been a 20 yard gain.
- M.H. trying to force the ball to Carlson
- M.H. Scrambling and clutching the ball (not making any passes) I dont know, but it seemed he was confident in his ability or his recievers.

I also noticed our WR's in the second half (BURLESON!) gave up on routes. Not good.

These are a couple of my favorite players, I am a Matt fan, I just think he had a way off game.

Hopefully with some of our key guys back in two weeks and Matt getting back in the grove we can come out the bye strong, but these guys need to get fluid.

I think that Matt missing some much time/games over the last couple of year he is not at a high level of play. If you have it still, pop in the SB 40 game sometime. Even though we lost that game, Matt played exceptionally well and was completely fluid, he wasnt thinking, he was just doing.

Reaction score
The Jags pass rush is a joke though. Demarcus Ware is going to have a field day aginst us if we don't get somewhat helthy on the O-line.

OP
Fenom
Reaction score
bobflipaburger said:
The Jags pass rush is a joke though. Demarcus Ware is going to have a field day aginst us if we don't get somewhat helthy on the O-line.
He had a field day against an injured Walter Jones. Just wait until he gets after our 4th Stringer and 5th Stringer.

And I definitely agree. The O-Line was the main reason we lost. The defense wasn't that bad at all and it seemed to improve when Tatupu left and Hawthrone came in. I'm not sure if that's because they used the MLB differently, but Hawthrone did help cause that fumble.

We gotta look on the bright side though...at least we didn't lose to a shitty team like the Eagles did. :lol:

OP
Fenom
Reaction score
szat said:
Haha! good point, and we still get another shot at SF and Az.
Hopefully the Hawks get their revenge on the 49ers and the Cards. :cool:

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
The Cardinals are not a good enough team to pin a 38 point swing on just the offensive line. Sorry. If you you think that, you're in some sort of fantasy land. Especially while playing at home.

Inconsistency.

Top Bottom