• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Newtown tragedy

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
I was looking at a tribute to those who died in Newtown. I find it very disturbing that the media is including the mother of the killers picture among the victims. It is looking to me like she is the reason he freaked out.

From what I have read she didn't need to work. She was receiving 250k a year in alimony. She should have been spending time helping her kid. Instead she bought a bunch of guns??? What the hell? Something is seriously wrong with this country.

Reaction score
I was looking at a tribute to those who died in Newtown. I find it very disturbing that the media is including the mother of the killers picture among the victims. It is looking to me like she is the reason he freaked out.

From what I have read she didn't need to work. She was receiving 250k a year in alimony. She should have been spending time helping her kid. Instead she bought a bunch of guns??? What the hell? Something is seriously wrong with this country.

Why wouldn't the mother be in those pictures??? She was killed. The problem with it, is speculation. "from what you read", 90 percent of the junk on the internet isn't true. You don't know what kind of woman she was, and either do the press. She isn't alive anymore, and for whatever reason, I don't know. Nobody will know what went on, but trying to blame the dead mother is not the answer. We treat guns like toys in this country. Thats the fucking problem.

OP
sprhawk

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
As a vet, I can't think of a better time to own a gun than now. Keeping guns out of the hands of responsible owners solves nothing. You have the right to defend yourself and you'd be crazy to think the justice system is going to be there when you need them.

Of all these heinous crimes there has been a commonality, someone needed help and didn't get it. It is the American way to sweep the problems under the rug. Somethings got to give eventually. People know these people who need help and they ignore them. Hell yes I hold the mother responsible she had to have been aware that something was wrong. Why would he go to her class and kill everyone? Sounds like she was putting a lot of time into things other than her son who needed her. Hell the lady didn't even need to work.

I hate that these crimes are happening but when people treat people like shit things are going to happen. Be excellent to each other.

Idahawk

Reaction score
If your a parent all I can say is this, get involved at your kids school, be a watch dog at all times, the world is a fucked up place and you can't allow the future or innocence be to lost, or it truly will be the end of the world .

OP
sprhawk

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
Maybe we should ask ourselves why it is alright for people to demean, mistreat and label others as inferior and not have any consequences for thier actions? Isn't that the reason why people are freaking out?

Our justice system puts more value in our physical property than our own people. We live in a country where a married person is free to cheat on their spouse completly tearing their partners life apart and yet they are guilty of no crime. A parent can force thier child to become the provider for thier other children, but not a crime. At any time in our schools children can make another child feel worthless, isolated and alone but it's not a crime.

You ask me what is wrong with America, it's the people.

Top Bottom