• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

NFL Season is a GO! BYE BYE LOCKOUT!

Idahawk

Reaction score
I like the fact that we can deal with our own free agents first , before it blows up into what should be a crazy bunch of free agency .

OP
robdog

robdog

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I think that was part of the deal specific for this season. And yeah I like that part as well, even if it is only for a couple days, lol. Going to be SO crazy!!!

Reaction score
I think Mebane will be a douche bag and wait till FA starts and test the market. That'll of course drive his price tag up. Also, the other end of that is we may lose out on some key FAs because they'll resign with their respective teams prior to FA opening up.

OP
robdog

robdog

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
This is going to be a bad market for players. Since there are SO many FA's and teams have a much stiffer cap this year, it is going to be tough for a number of guys to sign big contracts like that. Heck, we will find out tomorrow or Wednesday. :)

dizzle498

Huddler
Reaction score
Going to be a buyers market, and with our cap room, and Matty going buy buy, we should be able to do something. I wouldn't mind Leinart coming up here honestly. He is a good QB, or was at least. Maybe reunited with Pete will have a similar effect on him as did Mike Williams. Never know.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Dang. I climb a mountain and look what happens? I guess I should climb more mountains.

(And much to Idahawk's dismay, I have no broken bones.)

Reaction score
You should climb every Sunday in the fall, one Thursday and a couple Saturdays in the winter. Maybe we'll go all the way this year...?

Reaction score
Resign Matt, bring in Leinhart... make them compete with Chaz. Mostly likely Matt will win the starting job and the other two can battle for the 2 and 3.

Really looking forward to a couple big pick ups in FA, also can't wait to see what undrafted kids PC and JS sign... they're gonna crazy!

We really need some CB help. Trufant obviously lost a step, and while a sure tackler, he seems to get hurt a lot. Nnamdi would be expensive, but I think there are a couple other guys that would be a good addition. Jonathan Joseph from Cincy and Brent Grimes from ATL are a couple that come to mind.

Now that it's official, lets start talking football bitches!!!

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
I think Mebane will be a douche bag and wait till FA starts and test the market. That'll of course drive his price tag up. Also, the other end of that is we may lose out on some key FAs because they'll resign with their respective teams prior to FA opening up.

What?
Negotions started today, and FA opens Friday, so Mebane is testing it right now, and that will drive his price up, just like MH is driving his $ up with this Titans talk.

I think we have a disadvantage but starting training camp early (tomorrow), we wont have 90 players, not even close because of all the FA's inhouse and on the market that need to be signed.

Top Bottom