• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

NFL's Most Underrated: Seattle Seahawks

Striker

Huddler
Reaction score
Drew Brees has always been underrated too me. From his time in SD to NO it took him too long to garner much respect. Not to mention Manning got the MVP over him despite him being second QB to throw 5k season while his number one wideout M.C. was injured a majority of the season. What more do they expect from this guy not to give him MVP!

For the Seahawks I just say the most OVERRATED was last years coaching staff. Shoulda never hired those bums. Underrate J.F. we never gave the kid a fair chance yet he still caught our eye in a shitty scheme with a beat up team.

S

Seattlehawk94

Hobbes;49186 said:
Man you use some gay ass lingo...and you laugh at your own "jokes" too much[/q]

That is your "comeback" attempt? Shit, I've seem better smack from Gay-ants fans, they might be whiney little bitches but at least they bring something to the table....I suggest you take a few weeks off from here, go to a beginners smack board, like KlanLamb and learn how to talk shit...

LMAO, you are just a little bitch whom has OWNED by every poster on this thread...18 and I won't be too tough on ya...You will have to work the streets like Dez Bryant's mom but hey..everyone has to pay a debt somewhere right?

How's it feel to be the Huddle's bitch? Just like your prison experience except I won't even charge people cigarettes to bust out the hurtin' stick on ya...

Do love the fact 18 called you out and you STFU then.I.threw stats at you.and your response.was to make a.gay joke.....lololololololol.....don't bring those firecrackers you call brains to a nuclear war here...it gives us lulz watching you backtrack or gloss over being made to look like a fuckstick.

If you are a football czar as you claim then in terms of smack we just went Russian Revolution all over the "czars" sorry ass....You've been OWNED so bad if you were from New Yawk you'd run to Deadspin crying about it....

LOL

Ah......Memories.....

S

Seattlehawk94

bobflipaburger;49192 said:
I don't know about "owned," he got owned on the revis thing and I think he's wrong about Tatupu.

Man you are tougher than the East German Judges!

[IN best Pinellia dirt kicking voice]
Form was there, got him to bust out a "gay" as a defense (last resort), and I even nailed the landinf! Come on man!!! FUCK!!

Hobbes

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
bobflipaburger;49192 said:
I don't know about "owned," he got owned on the revis thing and I think he's wrong about Tatupu.

I want to set the record straight by saying that I NEVER ment to say that Revis only had 1 good year. I was saying that it is stupid for people to say he is better than Nnamdi after his spectacular 2009 campaign but everyone kept giving me stats pf his presvious seasons which was irrelevant to my argument. But maybe I just worded it poorly my mistake. I agree that Revis has always been good, just not as good as Nnamdi.

S

Seattlehawk94

Hobbes;49196 said:
I want to set the record straight by saying that I NEVER ment to say that Revis only had 1 good year. I was saying that it is stupid for people to say he is better than Nnamdi after his spectacular 2009 campaign but everyone kept giving me stats pf his presvious seasons which was irrelevant to my argument. But maybe I just worded it poorly my mistake. I agree that Revis has always been good, just not as good as Nnamdi.

How are stats irrelevant? If you don't have the stats to back it up you lose the arguement..Pretty simple...

What is your arguement about Lofabread and Thorne? Kinda didn't say anything after I posted those stats..

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Hobbes;49196 said:

I'd argue that Revis' 2008 campaign was better than his 2009. Revis' stats were far better than Nnamdi's over the past two years. It isn't even close. Revis has as many INTs in the past two season as Nnamdi has in his seven year career. Is it because Nnamdi had an excellent campaign in 2006 so teams quit throwing at him? Maybe. But even that seems contradictory to your argument. Nnamdi had one amazing season and we crown him? Isn't that what you're saying we shouldn't do to Revis?

Sorry. I don't mean to keep ragging on you. I just like to debate back and forth.

Hobbes

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Seattlehawk94;49197 said:
How are stats irrelevant? If you don't have the stats to back it up you lose the arguement..Pretty simple...

What is your arguement about Lofabread and Thorne? Kinda didn't say anything after I posted those stats..

Stats are irrelevant to my argument!!! Because you gave me stats to his previous years but I was only referring to the 2009 season aka as Revis' breakout year. Who thought of Revis as the best CB in the nfl prior to last year? Exactly.

As for Tatupu and Hawethorne...I'm not arguing that Hawethorne isn't good. He is a tackling machine, but I will start to consider him as our best LB if he can repeat that performance this year.

And please stop with this "comeback" shit we aren't in elementary school anymore.

Hobbes

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Number 18;49199 said:
I'd argue that Revis' 2008 campaign was better than his 2009. Revis' stats were far better than Nnamdi's over the past two years. It isn't even close. Revis has as many INTs in the past two season as Nnamdi has in his seven year career. Is it because Nnamdi had an excellent campaign in 2006 so teams quit throwing at him? Maybe. But even that seems contradictory to your argument. Nnamdi had one amazing season and we crown him? Isn't that what you're saying we shouldn't do to Revis?

Sorry. I don't mean to keep ragging on you. I just like to debate back and forth.

That's why it is hard to compare the two. Yes Revis gets more interceptions, but Nnamdi barely has any stats because Quarterbacks don't throw it his way. And that is what it takes to be considered a shut down corner.

I believe Revis is a shutdown corner to some extent, but he can't compare to Nnamdi. Do you remember when Revis got burnt by Ted Ginn??? You can't be letting scrubs like that burn you if you want people to take you seriously.

Idk if you have the statistics of who was thrown to more. But I remember it being something like Nnamdi - 28 times and Revis 144.

And those numbers to me show me that Nnamdi is the clear cut winner. I mean, if Nnamdi gets thrown to that little his interceptions and deflections will be much less than that of Revis'. Nnamdi cuts off half of the field.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Darrelle Revis vs Nnamdi Asomugha

That guy says Nnamdi was thrown at 28, Revis 111. But of the 28, Nnamdi only defended 3. Revis defended 31 I believe. That's a huge disparity. You also have to take into account other reasons Nnamdi wasn't thrown at. The Jets had a better rushing defense than passing. So opposing teams would pass more. By contract, the Raiders had a better passing defense, so teams would rush more.

I wish I had access to real stats to really dissect this.

S

Seattlehawk94

Hobbes;49211 said:
Stats are irrelevant to my argument!!! Because you gave me stats to his previous years but I was only referring to the 2009 season aka as Revis' breakout year. Who thought of Revis as the best CB in the nfl prior to last year? Exactly.

As for Tatupu and Hawethorne...I'm not arguing that Hawethorne isn't good. He is a tackling machine, but I will start to consider him as our best LB if he can repeat that performance this year.

And please stop with this "comeback" shit we aren't in elementary school anymore.

If stats are irrelevant then you have no argument...Stats are all that matter, without stats its just opinion which as we see is all you have to backup what you are saying..

"Comeback shit"? Glass houses dawg...Even with your "don't talk shit" kinda comment you throw in an "elementary school' barb. You wanna be taken seriously around here, admit when you are wrong and don't start shit with everyone...

Yo 18...I might know someone who could get you any stat you want...Just tell me what you need...:-D

Hobbes

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Number 18;49214 said:
Darrelle Revis vs Nnamdi Asomugha

That guy says Nnamdi was thrown at 28, Revis 111. But of the 28, Nnamdi only defended 3. Revis defended 31 I believe. That's a huge disparity. You also have to take into account other reasons Nnamdi wasn't thrown at. The Jets had a better rushing defense than passing. So opposing teams would pass more. By contract, the Raiders had a better passing defense, so teams would rush more.

I wish I had access to real stats to really dissect this.

You also have to take into account that Revis has much better players surrounding him. Like he has good safties helping him over the top on passing play and a better rushing attack. Nnamdi has none of that. Also despite who defended more passes, who allowed more receptions in the long run? But yeah I would really like to see NFL network dissect this with actual stats and game footage.

Hobbes

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Seattlehawk94;49215 said:
If stats are irrelevant then you have no argument...Stats are all that matter, without stats its just opinion which as we see is all you have to backup what you are saying..

"Comeback shit"? Glass houses dawg...Even with your "don't talk shit" kinda comment you throw in an "elementary school' barb. You wanna be taken seriously around here, admit when you are wrong and don't start shit with everyone...

Yo 18...I might know someone who could get you any stat you want...Just tell me what you need...:-D

I'm not trying to be witty AT ALL when I say that talking to you reminds me of arguing with bratty kids when I was a little kid. You cannot partake in a normal conversation because you always have to crack a joke or be obnoxious.

And let me rephrase my stats are irrelevant statement ---- I did give some form of stats, I used to to explain that Nnamdi gets thrown to signifacantly less than Revis. And AGAIN I don't care about Revis' stats pre-2009. Which is why I didn't respond to them.

And I will admit that my Nnamdi-Revis Tatupu-Hawthorne comparison was not good (although I do believe if I explained it more you could find some relevance) but that was really me just venting about how I hate when people say Revis is better, although it was irrelevant to the Seahawks.

S

Seattlehawk94

Man, you bring you little kids alot, who are you? WackoJacko? You remind me of a 15 year old girl "Thats soooooo immature!"....

You've been given plenty of rope keep hanging yourself with it..

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Hobbes;49216 said:
Also despite who defended more passes, who allowed more receptions in the long run?

You can deduce it fairly easily, at least for last year. Just look at passes defended as a percentage of pass thrown at. So for Nnamdi, he defended 3 out of 28, so 10.7% of the passes thrown at him. Revis defended 31 out of the 111. That's 27.9% of the passes thrown at him. That means a quarter of the time you could count on Revis to knock down a pass when you could only count on Nnamdi a tenth of the time. So really, who cares how many times a player is thrown at? It is what the player does each time he is thrown at that should qualify him as the better corner.

If you could find the thrown at and passes defended stats for each player over their career, you could see the entire picture.

Hobbes;49217 said:
And let me rephrase my stats are irrelevant statement ---- I did give some form of stats, I used to to explain that Nnamdi gets thrown to signifacantly less than Revis. And AGAIN I don't care about Revis' stats pre-2009. Which is why I didn't respond to them.

But this is why I had such a big problem with your argument. Revis' breakout year was 2008. They started talking about him being really good when he continued it in 2009. Nnamdi had only one good statistical year in his seven year career. You can't compare Nnamdi's career with one year of Revis'.

Hobbes

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Seattlehawk94;49219 said:
Man, you bring you little kids alot, who are you? WackoJacko? You remind me of a 15 year old girl "Thats soooooo immature!"....

You've been given plenty of rope keep hanging yourself with it..

Thank you for proving my point...

Hobbes

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Number 18;49229 said:
You can deduce it fairly easily, at least for last year. Just look at passes defended as a percentage of pass thrown at. So for Nnamdi, he defended 3 out of 28, so 10.7% of the passes thrown at him. Revis defended 31 out of the 111. That's 27.9% of the passes thrown at him. That means a quarter of the time you could count on Revis to knock down a pass when you could only count on Nnamdi a tenth of the time. So really, who cares how many times a player is thrown at? It is what the player does each time he is thrown at that should qualify him as the better corner.

If you could find the thrown at and passes defended stats for each player over their career, you could see the entire picture.

But this is why I had such a big problem with your argument. Revis' breakout year was 2008. They started talking about him being really good when he continued it in 2009. Nnamdi had only one good statistical year in his seven year career. You can't compare Nnamdi's career with one year of Revis'.

Again though, Revis has many more chances to deflect it. If Nnamdi is giving up less receptions than Revis then does it really matter? Say that one corner has only been thrown to 10 times in his career, and all 10 of those balls had been caught by the reciever. And another corner had been thrown at 90 times and the reciever only caught 40 of the balls. The second corner may have deflected more passes but in the end the first corner obviously allowed less receptions which is a cornerbacks job.

If you think about it a shutdown corner is a corner that no quarterback throws to, so deflections will not come often. Shutdown corners really shouldn't have very many stats because they rarely get chances to make deflections or INT's.

I just don't like it when people forget that Nnamdi has been shutting down revievers for years and people seem to forget that. I'm gonna have to give Revis a few more years before I crown him the best CB. The reason I care so much about the Nnamdi-Revis debate is probably because I'm sick of the Jets being overrated. Yeah they're good but they are the biggest hype-beasts I have ever seen and

S

Seattlehawk94

Hobbes;49230 said:
Thank you for proving my point...

How about eating a big bowl of Shut the Fuck Up?

One more fucking word even remotely cross to me and you are outta here motherfucker....Don't come into town and piss off the marshall....Not a fucking smart thing to do, then again...I don't take you for a smart fella...

You can move on, shut up and play nice, or you can waste people's time and energy....You've wasted enough of mine so give me one fucking reason...Please...One fucking reason and you'll be hasta faster than I make your mom orgasm, which is pretty fucking fast...

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Hobbes;49231 said:
Again though, Revis has many more chances to deflect it. If Nnamdi is giving up less receptions than Revis then does it really matter? Say that one corner has only been thrown to 10 times in his career, and all 10 of those balls had been caught by the reciever. And another corner had been thrown at 90 times and the reciever only caught 40 of the balls. The second corner may have deflected more passes but in the end the first corner obviously allowed less receptions which is a cornerbacks job.

But you're assuming quarterbacks don't throw at Nnamdi because he's a "shut down" corner, not for other reasons. Maybe like he had one great season so there is a perception he is great. Or the fact that the Raiders have been terrible all of Nnamdi's career. So teams are most often leading therefore not needing to throw the ball. There could be 1,000 different reasons why Nnamdi isn't thrown at, but the simple fact is, you cannot say what those factors are, let alone conclude it is because he is the best cornerback.

Because all these external factors are nearly impossible to account for, the raw numbers are not a good comparison. It's the percentages they deflect that matters because that is really the only quantifiable evidence you and I can look at.

If we were to stick to using the raw numbers like you did in your example above, Rookie A six games into the season could have 20 balls thrown at him and allowed all 20 to be caught, while All-Pro A could have 40 balls thrown at him and allowed 25 to be caught and you would say Rookie A is better because only 20 balls were caught by receivers he was covering while 25 balls were caught by a receiver All-Pro A was covering.

Hobbes

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Number 18;49240 said:
But you're assuming quarterbacks don't throw at Nnamdi because he's a "shut down" corner, not for other reasons. Maybe like he had one great season so there is a perception he is great. Or the fact that the Raiders have been terrible all of Nnamdi's career. So teams are most often leading therefore not needing to throw the ball. There could be 1,000 different reasons why Nnamdi isn't thrown at, but the simple fact is, you cannot say what those factors are, let alone conclude it is because he is the best cornerback.

Because all these external factors are nearly impossible to account for, the raw numbers are not a good comparison. It's the percentages they deflect that matters because that is really the only quantifiable evidence you and I can look at.

If we were to stick to using the raw numbers like you did in your example above, Rookie A six games into the season could have 20 balls thrown at him and allowed all 20 to be caught, while All-Pro A could have 40 balls thrown at him and allowed 25 to be caught and you would say Rookie A is better because only 20 balls were caught by receivers he was covering while 25 balls were caught by a receiver All-Pro A was covering.

Quarterbacks aren't stupid. They will not avoid throwing it to a players side of the field because of one good season. They have eyes, they can easily see if Nnamdi playing the reciever like flies on dog shit, or if he can fit the ball into his reciever. So that excuse really doesn't work. Nnamdi is still shutting people down, and if you watch Raiders games you will realize this. But that being said there is a lot of other factors that do come into play.

And your example of "raw numbers" above does not really work either because Nnamdi has been in the league longer and allowed less catches than Revis who has been in the NFL for a shorter period of time. Contrary to your example.

Top Bottom