• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Obo to IR

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
I'm so sick of our WR position. I mean, in the past decade, has there ever been a year where WR was NOT on the list of needs?

OP
#ONE
Reaction score
Trade for Bowe. Wait till the last minute and offer them a 2nd.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
They had a guy from KC on 710 and he said no way the Seahawks should sign Bowe. Said he had a good stat line, but never comes through when needed.

OP
#ONE
Reaction score
Guy from KC on with Mitch this morning said Chiefs might listen to anyone offering a 3rd round pick. If we can get hum for a 3rd, I'm all in. We signed Kearse from the practice squad. That's pretty desperate move. If we want to salvage the season, we need to give Wilson another legit receiver opposite of Rice.

Bowe has averaged around 80 receptions and over 1100 yards over the last 3 years. Pretty good stat line considering who his QBs have been. I don't know what else you want from a WR. Dude has played for a horrible team since he's been drafted. As fat as I know, this is the first year that he's speaking up and I don't blame him.

That guy that was on 710 is probably just a butthurt KC homer.

OP
#ONE
Reaction score
Another stat from Mitch: Rice is on pace for 55 rec 700+ yards and 6 TDs < and he's you're best WR right now.

Rice, Tate, Edwards (hurt?), Martin and Kearse.... Those are you're 5 receivers right now. Bowe isn't an elite WR, but he's a much better WR than anyone we have on our team. Make it happen. Pull the trigger!

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
That guy that was on 710 is probably just a butthurt KC homer.

He sounded pretty down on Bowe for sure. But John Clayton agreed with him. Lot's of red flags. Here is the write up on the interview: http://mynorthwest.com/384/2040554/Reporter-sees-lots-of-red-flags-with-WR-Dwayne-Bowe

I don't think I would give up anything more than a 4th rounder. It's not just the draft pick you have to give up, you'll probably have to sign him to a Rice-esque contract. That's a lot of coin. Otherwise, you're giving up a draft pick for a half season rental - like the dude on Mitch said this morning...

Idahawk

Reaction score
Apparently teams have also been contacting the Panthers about Steve Smith.

I would jump all over the Bowe idea, I mean I didn't think we had anything at WR anyway so giving another guy a shot is no big deal to me. We need to and should do something !

TwilightError

Huddler
Reaction score
Trade Matt Flynn to KC for Bowe !

That would make sense. I hate letting Flynn go without giving him a chance but it does not look like he will ever get it. It would free some dollars from our cap too. Another bad part is that we would need a new 2nd QB too. No Cassell as part of the deal please...

Giving a 2nd for Bowe would be cheap. Its a rare occasion when you actually get that talent even at first round, Usually its big prospect and if they ever deliver, its 3 seasons of waiting and believing first. Bowe is good to go tomorrow. The problem is the money he requires. Carroll is not known for giving big contracts for ageing players.

OP
#ONE
Reaction score
Detroit just traded for Mike Thomas and they have Calvin Johnson and Titus Young.

I'd say the Hawks need a WR more than they do. Do it!

Idahawk

Reaction score
The price for Bowe is too high, considering he'll basically be a rental player.

Who cares its not like we can't afford him . We know we have to do something with Flynn and his contract ,, rice and miller both need their contracts restructured . If Bowe was available you have to get this guy . I bet we were in on the Steve Smith talks too.

Reaction score
We also have to think about when all of our stud young guys get off of their rookie contracts. We don't want to put ourselves in a situation where we can't afford to keep ET,

RenegadeHawkFan

Huddler
Reaction score
If we are going to try and go out and get another receiver i would rather them go after Mike Wallace. I'm sure with his recent dropped passes, and the success off Antonio Brown the steelers would be willing to part ways with him. The only question is what would it cost.

TwilightError

Huddler
Reaction score
http://12thmanrising.com/2012/10/31/nfl-trade-rumors-update-rb-and-wr-the-big-stories/
John Clayton also reported yesterday there’s no chance that receiver Dwayne Bowe gets traded. If Bowe were delt the new team wouldn’t be able to sign him to an extension, because he was frachise tagged this offseason. This would make him untouchable for any NFL team who values their draft picks because Bowe almost certainly get a chance to test free agency.

So we can forget that. Oh well... Maybe in the silly season we get a decent upgrade at receiver?

Reaction score
Yeah, but if KC feels like they won't be able to keep him, maybe they'll let him go for cheap. A couple late round picks to rent him for a few months could work out alright.

Top Bottom