• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Official Game Day Thread: Seahawks @ Atlanta - 12/19: LOSS 34 - 18

robdog

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I think I am going to stop putting down MUST WIN since that seems to not be working! Either way, this is going to be a extremely tough road game against a GOOD NFC team.

The Rams have a winnable game today and if we want to keep pace then we HAVE to pull out a victory today.

Come on Hawks show me something!

Reaction score
Seahawks can win this game as long as the offense can avoid turnovers and give the defense enough time to rest.

Reaction score
The Hawks gave up in this game. They had a chance, then blew it with turnovers and poor offensive drives. The sad part is they'll still be tied for 1st.

Reaction score
Whitehurst is looking better, but Hasselbeck should still be the starter for the last two games.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
2013719967.jpg

I'm sorry, but why was that fumble/TD allowed to stand?

I try not to bitch about it often, but the refs were really bad today. Really bad.

Reaction score
Number 18;52457 said:
2013719967.jpg

I'm sorry, but why was that fumble/TD allowed to stand?

I try not to bitch about it often, but the refs were really bad today. Really bad.

As my bro said during the game, if that is Brady or Peyton...Anderson gets called for a foul and we have a 1st & 10 at the 20. Completely different game at this point.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Bad calls on the two spots on short yardage for sure, and I thought the refs picked on the hawks a bit, though the team did commit alot of stupid penalties.

Why should Matt start? Because of 2005? Because he won out in training camp? Because hes media savy?

Matt has lost us two games.

And dont even give me standard " No QB could play behind this OL w/o running game.." line of shit.

That fact of the matter is Hasselbeck sucks.

The PA rollout play call when we were pinned back on the goalline was not a great call, but when the defender released off our FB, matt should have made that throw, that is the design of it. Instead, 34 year old white bread tries a "slip move" a 300 lbs. DT and gets sack/FF/TD. You dont do that man!!!! Especially not against a Babineaux! "big play babs" its in the genes.

Then the 2 picks, on both, Matt locks on to his reciever and tries to shoe horn it in there. I replayed the 2nd pick and counted 1-2-3-4-5 Falcons around Obo!!!!

We had a chance to win this game at half time, but the turn overs (MATT) again killed us. And once Trufant went out it seemed they were picking on Cox. Where was Thurmond anyways?

Again our Dfence was playing tough, but when the Offense (MATT) starts to give the game away, and cant stay on the field the defense looses heart and I dont blame them.

I think the issue with this team is with our offense, and with our QB that has seemingly forgot how to play football.

When Chuck got his shot today, he seemed to put it on the line, its time to see what he can do and maybe get us in the playoffs!

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
#ONE;52459 said:
As my bro said during the game, if that is Brady or Peyton...Anderson gets called for a foul and we have a 1st & 10 at the 20. Completely different game at this point.

Bradford took a nasty hit against the Chiefs and no flag was thrown. Commentators said the exact same thing.

OP
robdog

robdog

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
The Rams game was definitely poorly officiated. Sad to say there were a number of terrible calls in our game too. (or non calls for that matter) But what can you do, nothing... :(

At least the Rams lost so we are still tied and it is anyone's division.

Reaction score
bobflipaburger;52470 said:
When Trufant left the game that was game over for our defense. Where was Thurmond?! Cox is terrible.
Thurmond was inactive. I'm not sure what his injury is, but I'd assume a hamstring.

I agree, Cox was terrible. Josh Wilson is a way better CB than Cox.

Reaction score
Why didn't Roy Lewis play there instead? And yeah I think we all miss Wilson. One of the only moves by the new regime that I really dislike is getting rid of him.

S

Seattlehawk94

Tough loss...Hell yeah...But it was expected, win the next two and get in...

Oh and a message from a Seahawks OL I talked to after the game..If you sell your tix don't do it to opponent fans, and STFU when WE are on offense apparently so of our own couldn't hear the snap counts..That should NEVER happen at home..

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Seattlehawk94;52473 said:
Oh and a message from a Seahawks OL I talked to after the game..If you sell your tix don't do it to opponent fans, and STFU when WE are on offense apparently so of our own couldn't hear the snap counts..That should NEVER happen at home..

Agree with the don't sell tickets to opposing fans. But it was NOT loud when the offense was on the field. If they can't hear the snap count in that setting, they should not be playing football.

S

Seattlehawk94

It did get loud at points when we were on offense...Heard some idiots trying to start a "GO------" SEA--HAWKS" chant at one point...

Told them to sit down and shut the fuck up....LOL....They looked like I killed their puppy but sat down and shut the fuck up...

Bru-Hed

Huddler
Reaction score
At least this time on the highlights all I saw was the Ryan TD throw. On three different occasions! At least they didn't focus on Matt's flubs. But man, what a freaking embarrassing division. You know someone is going to raise a rule-change stink that a non-winning team will host a playoff while some 11-5 team(s) will be Wild Cards.

(Has that happened much in the past? Has an 8-8 division winner ever gone to the SB or even the Championship game? Has it happened more or less often in basketball or hockey? Seems impossible to happen in baseball with so many games.)

I'm happy to get in, of course; just hate being the example of the "best of the crappiest." Especially when I know we can play so much better!

S

Seattlehawk94

In the NHL there are many below .500 teams that reached the finals...

In baseball the Cardinals won the World Series a few years ago with an 82-80 record..

NFL, only 8-8 team to win a playoff game was those Lambs of 2004 that knocked off our Hawks on that Engram drop in the endzone...

Reaction score
So what would be the point of winning the division if you don't automatically get to go to the playoffs? If they really want to cry about it, add another round to the playoffs so more teams can compete.

kdawg2980

Huddler
Reaction score
Seattlehawk94;52511 said:
In the NHL there are many below .500 teams that reached the finals...

In baseball the Cardinals won the World Series a few years ago with an 82-80 record..

NFL, only 8-8 team to win a playoff game was those Lambs of 2004 that knocked off our Hawks on that Engram drop in the endzone...

The Vikings the next day at 8-8 beat the Packers.

Then in 2008 you had EVERYONE crying when the 11-5 Patriots were sitting at home and the 12-4 Colts had to play at the 8-8 San Diego Chargers only to see the Chargers win.

That same 2008 playoffs featured the "worst" playoff team of all-time the NFC West Champs Arizona Cardinals. That same Cardinals team was one great catch away from winning the Super Bowl.

So to all the people who hate on the Seahawks winning the divison at 7-9 can seriously STFU! I honestly think the Seahawks can beat the Saints. The Seahawks will have the "Nobody believes in us" momentum as all week long EVERYONE will be bad mouthing them on how they don't deserve to be there. Plus Qwest will host their first playoff game in three years so the atmosphere will be pretty electric I'd imagine.

Top Bottom