• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Official Gameday Thread: Falcons @ Seahawks - 10/2: Week 4 (LOSS 30-28)

seahawkblitz

Huddler
Reaction score
it was a gutsy call, but the right one I think, odds of the offense converting 4th and long are probably worse than the odds on making that kick. We don't commit the false start it would have been a way better chance.

but in the end it was a great game, we almost beat a pretty good football team, running game was not there, but the line did provide better pass protection today, not 1 sack was recorded in the game.

OP
bobflipaburger
Reaction score
We had to play catch up, didn't get much of a chance to establish the run. Lynch had some pretty nice runs and a nice gain on a screen.

OP
bobflipaburger
Reaction score
Then its settled! First round pick will be Kellen Moore so he can compete with Whitehurst for the backup QB spot.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
On the kick:
Total judgement call, do you roll the dice and try to convert, and still have a 50+ yarder?
I think to win the game, and you have a 60 yarder you go for it, didnt seem like PC even hesitated, he's probably gone through that scenerio a thousand times in his head, an hundred times in real life.

On TJack:
Did some damage, the biggest thing i noticed was him moving around (stepping up) in the pocket when he was pressured.

This game was definetly exciting and thats what you want as a fan, we would have made major headlines had we made that kick!

Seahawk28

Huddler
Reaction score
When they lined up for the FG I figured he was going to make it. A few 50+ yarders he's kicked were at the top of the goal posts when they went though. Soon as it left his foot I knew it wasn't going to happen. Too bad, #1 we win the game #2 we hang in there with the 9er's!

HawkNRoller

Huddler
Reaction score
Fucking Rah Rah Pete - horrible clock management at the end. Should have went for it on 4th to try and get closer and then used the TO. The odds of any kicker hitting a 61 yarder?? Gimme a fuckin' break. I'd rather have gone for it on 4th and come up short than watch that garbage.

HawkNRoller

Huddler
Reaction score
They did look much better, I'll give them that. O line is getting better every week. Still no running game and T-Jack still looks lost at times. D looked shaky at best. Doesn't look like we're gonna have a shot at Luck. I think the Colts are a lock for that first pick and given the Manning situation, they'd be stupid not to take him. Don't want Moore, but there are other QBs and we'll end up in the top ten picks for sure.

OP
bobflipaburger
Reaction score
Personally, I would have used the TO before the 2 minute warning. Its a big risk because a first down ends the game, but we would have had an extra 20 or 30 seconds plus the 2 minute warning. I think they considered that, but if the Falcons decided to run the ball there we end up with 2:00 left (instead of 1:56 like we had) with no timeouts instead of 1.

OP
bobflipaburger
Reaction score
They did look much better, I'll give them that. O line is getting better every week. Still no running game and T-Jack still looks lost at times. D looked shaky at best. Doesn't look like we're gonna have a shot at Luck. I think the Colts are a lock for that first pick and given the Manning situation, they'd be stupid not to take him. Don't want Moore, but there are other QBs and we'll end up in the top ten picks for sure.

We're just joking around about Moore.. Idahawk has a raging hard on for him.

I'd be fine with Barkley, but obviously I'd prefer Luck.

Reaction score
No excuse for attemping to make a 61 yarder... fucking Vineteri couldn't make that kick in Madden on a sunny day with 16 mile winds blowing in the direction of the goal posts.

I am not a math whiz by any stretch, but I bet the probability of converting a 4th and 8 is a lot higher than making a 61 yarder with a kicker who has never made anything close to that. The guy was a back up kicker in Denver for fucks sake.

I don't care about all the "progress" this team has made... they still lost. Plus they shouldn't have to come back from 27-7... Defense really stunk it up. Couldn't get off the field on 3rd down. Ryan went to Roddy or Julio almost every time on 3rd down... just double cover both fucking guys. Commit all your assets!! No lets blitz and have Trufant and Browner play man on guys that are way more talented than they are.... way to call a good game Gus Bradley.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
To have to stop White, Jones, Gonzales, is a tall order, and we didnt. No way you can commit double teams to one or both, safety was in the box half the time stoppin the run.

The defense had a horrible 1st half! But pretty much shut out atlanta in the 2nd half, and gave the Offense back the ball with 2 mins and change on the clock, they just fell short.

And again on the kick, I think most teams when faced with a 4th and long will go with the long kick, cause even if they do convert, and stop the clock, they STILL have a 52 yarder,( roll the dice twice!). Personally I would have gone for it, but thats because I dont know the kicker. And on that note, I will say, Hauscka was booming the football damn near through the uprights on kick off, and there was no wind. But he failed to win the game for us so he gets a minus.

Reaction score
Oh look at the excuse parade. Reason they shut them out in the 2nd half was cause Atlanta was up 24-7. They were playing not to lose. They still converted on almost every 3rd down.

The Hawks blazed a lot on 3rd down and there were a lot of man to man situations. I remember specifically Thomas covering Jones on a 3rd and long.... of course Jones ran a nice drag, made Thomas look like a fool when he tried to chase him down.

And about having a safety in the box, I'm not talking about 1st or 2nd down. Im talking about obvious passing situations on 3rd and long. You know they are going to the air. You know who they're going to

Top Bottom