• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Official Gameday Thread: Rams @ Seahawks - 12/12: Week 14 (WIN 30-13)

Reaction score
Rams (2-10) @ Seahawks (5-7)
» Regular Season - Week 14

Date: December 12th, 2011
Time: 5:30pm PT
Network: ESPN, JoeTV
Game Buzz Comic: Click Here

Discuss below.

JustDoug

Huddler
Reaction score
Who's that playing LT?
I thought they'd start Red Bryant over there, as he has more blocks than Carpenter had when he was annointed at right.

JustDoug

Huddler
Reaction score
Alright, I'll play by myself:
QB, Jackson 21/32 for 224 yards, TD, no intercepts. Good job.
RB, Lynch 23/115 for 115 yards, TD, that's five of the last six games with 100 or more. Good job.
WR, Baldwin 7/ for 97 yards, TD, and kept the ball moving all game. Good job.
Tm of Poss 31:30 or so, expected better against the worst offense in the league.

Rams just don't move ahead do they?
Offense 281 Yards, or about their game average. Enemic.
That's a bad output given the way they have drafted so high for so many years now. Loser-ocrity.
Free agent signings in the future? Probably not.

Chicago up next. That one doesn't look so easy. Wonder if they'd trade Cutler?

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
This was game we were supposed to win, and we handled our business as expected in all 3 phases. Our line play wasnt great but considering we had 3 starters out not bad. The long screen play we gave up was perfectly timed by the Rams, we had a cover zero blitz on.
Marshawn needs a new contract.
I like Richard Shermans passion but he was alittle out of control, was suprised he wasnt sat for spell. His teamates were getting after him though, which is good to see.
Chicago will b tough at home, even with Caleb Hanie. And we still have a snowballs chance for the playoffs!?

OP
Fenom
Reaction score
They really need to get Lynch signed to a long term contract before he becomes a free agent. I'd assume he wants to stay here in Seattle, but after his performance this season, I'm sure a lot of teams want him.

I just hope we don't have to call him Marshawna after he gets paid.

JustDoug

Huddler
Reaction score
They really need to get Lynch signed to a long term contract before he becomes a free agent. I'd assume he wants to stay here in Seattle, but after his performance this season, I'm sure a lot of teams want him.

I just hope we don't have to call him Marshawna after he gets paid.

Resigning the main offensive spark to this team (Marshawn Lynch) will likely be the front office's first priority, but they need to get an agreement that they can live with of course. Tough to say that other teams would particularly target a veteran 1,200 yard back (my projection), to a lengthy mega contract when other younger players are going to be draftable real soon. It's also likely that 'skittles' has a little more MVP power to the home team, given that the offense would be totally anemic without him, and likely turning in win/loss records similar too or worse than the Rams. At the end of the day, I believe that they will either cut or renegotiate Leon Washington's contract, so that they can pay Lynch as their every down back. The rules have changed and LW's specialty just isn't in as high of a demand anymore, and that kinda'sorta leaves Washington the odd man out. Lynch's dynamics are just needed more. What the heck is a marshawna? Lol!

OP
Fenom
Reaction score
Resigning the main offensive spark to this team (Marshawn Lynch) will likely be the front office's first priority, but they need to get an agreement that they can live with of course. Tough to say that other teams would particularly target a veteran 1,200 yard back (my projection), to a lengthy mega contract when other younger players are going to be draftable real soon. It's also likely that 'skittles' has a little more MVP power to the home team, given that the offense would be totally anemic without him, and likely turning in win/loss records similar too or worse than the Rams. At the end of the day, I believe that they will either cut or renegotiate Leon Washington's contract, so that they can pay Lynch as their every down back. The rules have changed and LW's specialty just isn't in as high of a demand anymore, and that kinda'sorta leaves Washington the odd man out. Lynch's dynamics are just needed more. What the heck is a marshawna? Lol!
Shaun Alexander became Shauna after he got paid, so if Lynch gets paid and goes soft, he will be Marshawna.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
I have a good feeling about Marshawn.
I know that he is playing for a contract, but I get the sense that his not a 'material' type' person. He gave away his record setting TD ball to a fan, he's been selfless a few times like that. Obviously seattle will have to pay the man, but with him I hope they can meet in the middle on negotiations. He is a incredibly hard runner (much harder then Shawn A.) and that is just what his character. This town and the team has imbraced him, and I think that will make a differnece. And with this talented young line, I think he realizes that his best years will be ahead of him.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score

I agree with what you say except that I think LW has been invaluable in ST. I think that is worth the 3M a year (right?).
With as much cap, we could keep him.

JustDoug

Huddler
Reaction score
I agree with what you say except that I think LW has been invaluable in ST. I think that is worth the 3M a year (right?).
With as much cap, we could keep him.
I'm not sure how to answer the question on what LW's contract is, as I've often wondered how to get current player contract information (yrs/dollars) without having to subscribe to something that I don't want to subscribe to.

Anybody out there got a suggestion on current player contract info?

Betcha they want to keep him if they can! The current front office doesn't appear to throw around money in the same way that the previous ones did though, and I believe Curry & Trufant were both renegotiated within the last year, and my best guess is that they will maybe try to do that with.......Leona?

Besides that, LW has proven that he can catch end-over-end footballs. That one skill alone could become extremely valuable if Tarvaris ever goes down to injury. In comparison though, Marshawn Lynch gets big yardage after contact & has proven that he's an every down back for this team. It's gettin' a lot harder to find a Christian Okoye these days.

Seahawk28

Huddler
Reaction score
Bout crapped my pants when I seen that. Looks like we need to be talking to Carlson this year too. I was disappointed when he went down early in the season. I really wanted to see what what kind of havick him, and Miller could cause playing together.

Seahawk28

Huddler
Reaction score
AND Hawthorne. The only true Middle LB we've had in a while. This guy is always around the ball, makes tackles, and brings the hurt with them. Ever since he started for Lofa when he went down last year I loved this guy.

Reaction score
Bout crapped my pants when I seen that. Looks like we need to be talking to Carlson this year too. I was disappointed when he went down early in the season. I really wanted to see what what kind of havick him, and Miller could cause playing together.

Carlson is gone after this season. I like Morrah, wish he was getting more snaps.

Top Bottom