• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Official GameDay Thread: Seahawks @ Broncos - 8/27: LOSS 23-20

Reaction score
Seahawks (1-1) @ Broncos (1-1)
» Preseason Week 3

Date: August 27th, 2011
Time: 6:00pm PT
Location: Sports Authority Field at Mile High in Denver, Colorado
Network: King 5 (Seattle)
Game Buzz Comic: Click Here
Tale of the Tape: N/A

Discuss!

seahawkblitz

Huddler
Reaction score
Game was nit as close as the score. QB and O-line was horrible. Immediate future for the home team does not appear to be bright.

Reaction score
The defense looked pretty good. Browner got beat a few times, but Curry made a couple nice plays. Trufant and Bryant looked pretty good. Clemons had the pick.

Jackson looked just as good as Whitehurst has against the 2nd string players since he's not getting hit from all sides. The offensive line looks REALLY bad. Its hard to really tell who the better QB is. The ineffective running game can be chalked up to the line as well. Although Leon looked good on a few runs.

Baldwin earned a spot on the team I'd say.

Reaction score
Game was nit as close as the score. QB and O-line was horrible. Immediate future for the home team does not appear to be bright.

I'm no Jackson fan, but its hard to blame him. He has no time at all... Out of all the times he got sacked only one I saw was him holding the ball too long.

OP
Fenom
Reaction score
Yeah, it's not Jackson's fault and this game proved it. I know a lot of people still say he sucks, but once the Broncos backups came in, he actually looked decent. Give him some time to throw the ball and he will play better.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
O-Line is awe-ful! Carpenter really struggled, he seems too slow, especially against quickness (miller) but even the back ups. TJack still looked like a deer in the headlights, even with pressure he needs to get rid of the ball, I saw wide open recievers (S.Rice) and TE (Miller) for easy 3rd down completions but TJack was locked on his #1. Im starting to see the critisism about him not doing well in pressure situations. He's got a good arm and mobility, but the guy's processor seems slow.
RB are pitily to okay, I'd keep clayton over forsett, JF seems to have lost some pop. Run D looks good, and I like our young secondary, mixed with some vets, K.J. did alright, I like Malcom too, but I dont know. Seems like we dumped a ton of resourses into our Offense, but still our Defense looks better. 1 TD in 5-6 quarters?? Blame the line or whatever, but evenentuall ya gotta throw the ball! I think we suck this year. Thats my opinion tonight.

Reaction score
Yeah I saw Rice wide open across the middle, but by the time he broke free Jackson was pulling the ball down... There was probably one or two times where he could have hung in there and took a shot, but completed a pass. Its a good thing we have so many TEs because we might need to use 3 of them to block lol.

Idahawk

Reaction score
TJ had some chances including a few times where he should have stepped up into the pocket and other times where he should have ran . It looked like he didnt run on purpose. The line is garbage and until that gets fixed were in for a long season . CW should have gotten a chance with the starters .

Carroll has dug a big hole here, he better get ready for the boo birds

Reaction score
Well, better some guy everyone knows is a stop gap than a guy who people expect big things out of that doesn't pan out. If the line keeps playing like this we can say hello to Andrew Luck.

JustDoug

Huddler
Reaction score
Best game of the pre-season! Now make the appropriate cuts without regard to failed draft position.

Reaction score
Worst O-line in the league!! Worst QB's in the league.... and a very confused looking coach. Def the early favorite for the first overall pick next year. Sad thing is, I don't think we're one good QB away from being contenders. With this line, Andy Luck is going to get eaten alive and have his career ended before it even starts.

Reaction score
Worst O-line in the league!! Worst QB's in the league.... and a very confused looking coach. Def the early favorite for the first overall pick next year. Sad thing is, I don't think we're one good QB away from being contenders. With this line, Andy Luck is going to get eaten alive and have his career ended before it even starts.

like David Carr lol. I don't think the line is as bad as it looks, it will get better. The short offseason really hurt them. Plus Polumbus hopefully won't be starting very many games... I watched him get absolutely destroyed by bull rushes on like 4 straight plays. I'm not sure they'll be this bad long enough for us to even get Luck, but we can hope lol

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Also carpenter got beat like a drum by smaller shifty guys, Granted were talking about Von Miller here, but Im just starting to wonder about him, expecially since he was a reach. He's still very green still, i know.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Also carpenter got beat like a drum by smaller shifty guys, Granted were talking about Von Miller here, but Im just starting to wonder about him, expecially since he was a reach. He's still very green still, i know.

Yeah. His pass protection is awful. It hurts even more because Carimi has looked solid in Chicago.

Reaction score
Bob, sad thing is Polumbus prob will be starting at LT because Mr. Glass will get injured in the 1st quarter of week 1 and miss 8+ games.

Carpenter looks horrid. Hopefully its just a rookie thing... but he gives up way too much and gets over powered and handled by much smaller guys.

Reaction score
You can't anticipate injuries. I'm willing to chalk Okung's injury up to the lockout, but another one and I'll be pissed.

Reaction score
You can't anticipate injuries. I'm willing to chalk Okung's injury up to the lockout, but another one and I'll be pissed.

Yeah, someone is overly opitimistic. I'd say it has more to do with the fact that he had ankle injuries in college and missed 5 or so games last year because he had high ankle sprains on both ankles.

No, you're probably right, it was the lockout..... :whistling:

Reaction score
The chance to be around a training staff can play a huge role in preventing injuries. He didn't really get that opportunity.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Yeah, someone is overly opitimistic. I'd say it has more to do with the fact that he had ankle injuries in college.

But he never had any ankle injuries in college. He started 47 straight games. That's why it is frustrating to me and also why I am optimistic.

Top Bottom