• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Quarterly Report Card: O-Line

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
John Morgan seems to be knowledgable, and there some good stuff, but I have to beg to differ on a few points.

a. Okung and Polumbus are both upgrades to last year, against St. Louis Tackels struggled but against a very good DL IMO.

b. Spenser is the man now, but he was not that good last 2 years, albeit he has historical been battling injuries. He has given up many sacks.

c. Unger horrible?? Really, Ive watched him closely and the guy owns his man and plays nasty from snap to whistle. I thought he was a bright spot on last years pathetic OL.

d. Chester Pitts?? and at least Hamilton are both starting caliber linemen who both have experience at OT.

e. This line is A MAJOR UPGRADE from last year, I dont get how he can even compare the two, and I give the FO kudos for making all the moves to improve it this year, its unfortunete that Ray Willis and Unger got injuried, but we are still ok.

Grade: C+ with potential to be a B next year.

dizzle498

Huddler
Reaction score
He has given up many sacks.
[/QUOTE]b. Spenser is the man now, but he was not that good last 2 years, albeit he has historical been battling injuries. He has given up many sacks.
[/QUOTE]

If he hasn't been good in 2 years then he probably won't be good again. That is how these things go. Good analysis though. I like it.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
... and by "the man" I mean he has earned starting spot. To his credit, he has looked better this year.

OP
SeaHawksHuddle

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
I'm not sure Morgan was saying last year was better. In fact, he's saying that Polumbus is an upgrade over Frye, Williams, or McIntosh.

I like his assessment of Spencer. I think if he could find the nasty streak like Tobek had, he could develop into a real premier center. But I feel he'll leave in FA next year and sign with another team (after which he'll probably become a perennial Pro-Bowler, lol).

Reaction score
Number 18;50961 said:
But I feel he'll leave in FA next year and sign with another team (after which he'll probably become a perennial Pro-Bowler, lol).

LOL story of our lives...

Reaction score
Why does everyone think Unger was good last year????? He missed ALOT of assignments and most were HIS A-GAP and that is terrible for a guy that is supposed to be your C/G of the future.

can't grade until i see Okung play without missing assignments on 3 of 5 plays including a sack (why he was pulled from the game FYI).

Spencer finally playing like he should.
Finally have we found a REAL RT?

szat;50954 said:
John Morgan seems to be knowledgable, and there some good stuff, but I have to beg to differ on a few points.

a. Okung and Polumbus are both upgrades to last year, against St. Louis Tackels struggled but against a very good DL IMO.

b. Spenser is the man now, but he was not that good last 2 years, albeit he has historical been battling injuries. He has given up many sacks.

c. Unger horrible?? Really, Ive watched him closely and the guy owns his man and plays nasty from snap to whistle. I thought he was a bright spot on last years pathetic OL.

d. Chester Pitts?? and at least Hamilton are both starting caliber linemen who both have experience at OT.

e. This line is A MAJOR UPGRADE from last year, I dont get how he can even compare the two, and I give the FO kudos for making all the moves to improve it this year, its unfortunete that Ray Willis and Unger got injuried, but we are still ok.

Grade: C+ with potential to be a B next year.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Number 18;50961 said:
I'm not sure Morgan was saying last year was better. In fact, he's saying that Polumbus is an upgrade over Frye, Williams, or McIntosh.

I like his assessment of Spencer. I think if he could find the nasty streak like Tobek had, he could develop into a real premier center. But I feel he'll leave in FA next year and sign with another team (after which he'll probably become a perennial Pro-Bowler, lol).

He does say, "very could be worse or more unstable then last season" so, anyways, without any merit whatsoever I just dont agree with some of his assessment.

from what ive seen this season so far (exspecially today!) this OL passes the this fans eyeball test.

And matt looked good.

Top Bottom