• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Rank the Records: Pearl Jam

Reaction score
OK, piece of cake...rank YOUR top 5 (or more) records of this band. Then discuss.

PEARL JAM

1. Ten
2. Vs.
3. Self-Titled
4. Vitalogy
5. No Code

TEN is the most incredible record to EVER come out of the genre of grunge, IMO. And perhaps I say that because it was released at such a pivotal time in my life (I moved away to Texas) that I clung to it b/c they are from my home town. But musically, there's not a bad track on the album. It's priceless.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Pottsie, I very clearly see your point in having an album (or song) that you cling to at pivotal points in your life. Most people would rank Ten as number one. But then I ask them to name their favorite songs off it. And they name the typical ones:

1. Once[/*:m:frugy38m]
  2. Alive[/*:m:frugy38m]
  3. Jeremy[/*:m:frugy38m]
  4. Evenflow[/*:m:frugy38m]
  5. Black[/*:m:frugy38m]

But then they hesitate for anything past that. I then ask them to name their favorite songs off of Vs.

1. Go[/*:m:frugy38m]
  2. Animal[/*:m:frugy38m]
  3. Dissident[/*:m:frugy38m]
  4. Daughter[/*:m:frugy38m]
  5. Rearviewmirror[/*:m:frugy38m]
  6. Elderly Woman Behind the Counter in a Small Town[/*:m:frugy38m]
  7. Indifference[/*:m:frugy38m]
  8. Leash[/*:m:frugy38m]

Anyways, my point is that people largely fail to realize that they actually like Vs. more (setting aside any emotional attachment such as the one you described, Pottsie). But to follow up an album like Ten with an equally, if not more so, amazing album is pretty incredible and hard to do in this age. *Number 18 climbs off his soap box.*

So my top 5 are as follows:

1. Ten/Vs. (tie)[/*:m:frugy38m]
  2. Yield[/*:m:frugy38m]
  3. Self-Titled[/*:m:frugy38m]
  4. No Code[/*:m:frugy38m]

Reaction score
I'm going to be honest... I've never taken the time to sit through an entire Pearl Jam album with the exception of Ten which is still widely considered their best. So I guess I'd have to say

1. Ten
Then everything else.

OP
Pottsie
Reaction score
bobflipaburger said:
I'm going to be honest... I've never taken the time to sit through an entire Pearl Jam album with the exception of Ten which is still widely considered their best. So I guess I'd have to say

1. Ten
Then everything else.

I'm going to have to put you in time out, Adam! :lol:

Number 18 said:
Pottsie, I very clearly see your point in having an album (or song) that you cling to at pivotal points in your life. Most people would rank Ten as number one. But then I ask them to name their favorite songs off it. And they name the typical ones:

1. Once[/*:m:3vhrdq0k]
  2. Alive[/*:m:3vhrdq0k]
  3. Jeremy[/*:m:3vhrdq0k]
  4. Evenflow[/*:m:3vhrdq0k]
  5. Black[/*:m:3vhrdq0k]

But then they hesitate for anything past that. I then ask them to name their favorite songs off of Vs.

1. Go[/*:m:3vhrdq0k]
  2. Animal[/*:m:3vhrdq0k]
  3. Dissident[/*:m:3vhrdq0k]
  4. Daughter[/*:m:3vhrdq0k]
  5. Rearviewmirror[/*:m:3vhrdq0k]
  6. Elderly Woman Behind the Counter in a Small Town[/*:m:3vhrdq0k]
  7. Indifference[/*:m:3vhrdq0k]
  8. Leash[/*:m:3vhrdq0k]

Anyways, my point is that people largely fail to realize that they actually like Vs. more (setting aside any emotional attachment such as the one you described, Pottsie). But to follow up an album like Ten with an equally, if not more so, amazing album is pretty incredible and hard to do in this age. *Number 18 climbs off his soap box.*

So my top 5 are as follows:

1. Ten/Vs. (tie)[/*:m:3vhrdq0k]
  2. Yield[/*:m:3vhrdq0k]
  3. Self-Titled[/*:m:3vhrdq0k]
  4. No Code[/*:m:3vhrdq0k]

I agree with everything you said, Nico. My fave song off TEN is 'Porch' followed by 'Release'. GREAT songs.

Reaction score
Pottsie said:
bobflipaburger said:

1. Ten
Then everything else.

I'm going to have to put you in time out, Adam! :lol:

Do I still get dessert?

G

I don't mean to be rude, but why does everyone here like Pearl Jam so much?

OP
Pottsie
Reaction score
kk., kk., kk. .....silly...man? Woman?

Pearl Jam is one of the greatest bands in rock history! I could go into the history of their sound, etc., but I guess if you don't like 'em, you don't like 'em.

Can I ask WHY you don't like 'em??

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
I was only 10 when they hit it big in 1991. I had Ten on cassette in 5th grade. Never looked back. I wish there was more talent like Pearl Jam around. Today's music largely sucks. It is so hard to find anything new that comes remotely close the plane of existence that bands like Pearl Jam exist on. From lyrics to musical chemistry, Pearl Jam has it. And it is Pearl Jam alone that has it. The band member's other projects outside of Pearl Jam are largely average.

Reaction score
kk. said:

dude, that is no excuse. You can still like music from before you were alive. My favorite bands are all from the early 70's and 80's. I am pretty sure I wasn't alive then.

OP
Pottsie
Reaction score
Number 18 said:
I was only 10 when they hit it big in 1991. I had Ten on cassette in 5th grade. Never looked back. I wish there was more talent like Pearl Jam around. Today's music largely sucks. It is so hard to find anything new that comes remotely close the plane of existence that bands like Pearl Jam exist on. From lyrics to musical chemistry, Pearl Jam has it. And it is Pearl Jam alone that has it. The band member's other projects outside of Pearl Jam are largely average.

Wonderfully stated, Nico!!

G

hawkfanadam said:
dude, that is no excuse. You can still like music from before you were alive. My favorite bands are all from the early 70's and 80's. I am pretty sure I wasn't alive then.

You're right, but I've just never really listened to them. I don't like them. That's not my type of music.

Top Bottom