• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Relocation to LA down to 3 teams

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
Hey man, I hope you guys in St. Louis can get something done. I wouldn't worry about it too much though. Same deal as the Sonics. It's gonna all boil down to how much the people of St. Louis want to keep the Rams there. If you want them, they will stay. If you don't, they will leave. Haven't seen that stadium proposal that's up for a vote in a couple weeks but I hope it's legit and not a bogus pile of dogs*** that was offered to Seattle by the owner of the Sonics.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...-angeles-for-2015--report-says-160842639.html

RAMSWRATH

Huddler
Reaction score
Thanks, I appreciate it. When you've followed this since '95 like I have the signs are that Kroenke is trying to maximize the public financing without a move. Simply a leverage ploy on his part. He knows how depressed the economy is in St. Louis and the rest of the midwest. He's the largest private land owner in the US so 60 acres in LA looks suspect but not in the context of what he does for a living.

OP
TheBandwagon

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
After re-watching the Rapaport vid I noticed that it's actually the city putting up the stadium proposal to the team rather than the other way around. Kind of a different deal than how it went down with the Sonics as team owner Bennett put a proposal together that he KNEW would be rejected by the city, the state legislature and the taxpayers so he could still move the team while being able to say "at least I tried."
And if it works in the NFL any way like it does in the NBA, as a city you gotta hope you have the support of the other owners to keep the team in St. Louis. It might all depend on that and approved stadium deal would pretty much make that happen.

Ya, we tend to disagree on just about everything concerning football but losing your team and going through that isn't something I'd wish on anybody.

RAMSWRATH

Huddler
Reaction score
Thanks, I've already gone through it once before in '87 when the Bidwills blamed the city and fans and moved to AZ. Would be different this time with the internet and direct tv but still hurt the city and fans there again.

Top Bottom