• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Seahawks at the Combine

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Thought the article makes good points about how the combine #'s dont necessarily translate to game day. Prime examples would be KJ, and Sherman. K.J. didnt post good speed and agility but his instincts are great. Sherman isnt fast or too quick but he is physical and he flat out shut some recievers down. I think PC/JS trust their scouting and arent afriad to pick who they like regardless of combine or general opinion. So I think they go for the eye ball test and try to learn more about the players inmearsurables.

Reaction score
I don't remember the thread, but Bob and I had debated RG3s size in the past. He said he'd measure 6 feet or shorter and I said he would be about 6'2". Well the combine has begun so here you have it.....

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=7612568

He measured a little over 6'2" and 223lbs. Pete also had some good things to say about him. However unlikely, I wouldnt be mad if the Hawks traded up to #2 to get him.

Reaction score
That's shocking to me. Stilll a little on the short end for QBs, but that won't hinder him too much. I'm still very wary of RG3 though, I think Cam Newton's success is inflating his value tremdndously. I sort of understand why... But on the other hand, Newton's success was completely unprecidented and hinged on the entire offense being built around him. I'm not really too thrilled about the idea of giving up a bunch of picks, drafting Griffin, designing an offense around him, and then installing that offense; whiich would be 4th new offense in 4 years.

Reaction score
The biggest difference for me between RG3 and Cam aside from the size, is their intelligence. Also, everything out of Cams mouth has always "screamed" me me me!!! RG3 sounds like the polar opposite, totally unselfish and sounds like a team guy. Listening to his interview yesterday, I was really impressed. Idk, maybe he was coached to say those things, but his replies didn't seem forced or unnatural.

In respect to changing offenses, Pete mentioned he thinks RG3 will pick up the west coast up pretty good. It's in the article I posted.

Reaction score
Would our first and second this year and first next year be enough? We can still find a rush end in later rounds, especially with Petes and Johns ability to find talent in the later rounds.

Idahawk

Reaction score
The team in the drivers seat for RG3 is Cleveland they have the 4th and 22nd picks in the first round . They could easily offer the Rams those two picks and its game over . The Rams would move from 2nd to 4th which would be much more appealing then moving to 12th and they would get two first round picks now as opposed to later.

Cleveland gets RG3 and still keeps the rest of their draft, it would hard to either of those teams not to make that deal.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
RG3 is a way better passer then Cam. Better release, accuracy, and power. I wish we could get him, but it would cost too much, I heard (2) 1's (2) 2's and a 3.

Top Bottom