• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Seahawks rumors: Tarvaris Jackson expected to sign with Seattle

Cmoney

Huddler
Reaction score
I don't know how I feel about this.. I guess as a back-up he would be ok, does have the wheels like Wilson, so the play-calls would be the same.

Whats everyone thoughts on this?

Reaction score
He's more mobile than Quinn. He's familiar with the personnel, even Harvin, he's familiar with the offense. He'll be a very solid backup.

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
He's more mobile than Quinn. He's familiar with the personnel, even Harvin, he's familiar with the offense. He'll be a very solid backup.

Whole lot of humble pie.

Plenty of positives in his return. I've always thought he would make a good backup. With his starting experience and familiarity with the team. Seems like a good fit.

As long as he can eat the pie.

Reaction score
Whole lot of humble pie.

Plenty of positives in his return. I've always thought he would make a good backup. With his starting experience and familiarity with the team. Seems like a good fit.

I'm sure being 3rd string in Buffalo took care of that.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
How many QB's in camp now? I mean I'm okay with Tjack for sure, and he may be the #2 but I wonder what this says about quinn. Let them fight it out in camp.

Reaction score
How many QB's in camp now? I mean I'm okay with Tjack for sure, and he may be the #2 but I wonder what this says about quinn. Let them fight it out in camp.

5 I believe... Wilson, Quinn, Johnson, Portis, and now T-Jack.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Well I say get rid of Quinn and then that gets rid of the uncoordinated white dude right sprhawk?

Johnson actually really intrigues me, seems like he has some untapped upside. Thought Portis was gone after his DUI?
Right now I'd take Tjack over Quinn for our BU, mainly cause I know all about him.

seer-12thman

Huddler
Reaction score
I have seen enough of TJack the first time around. He could not even make backup in Buffalo. I don't know if I could stand to see him pretend to be a QB again with the Seahawks.

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
5 I believe... Wilson, Quinn, Johnson, Portis, and now T-Jack.
I believe Portis is gone.

I don't know if I could stand to see him pretend to be a QB again with the Seahawks.
The Hawks did go 5-3 (and almost 6-2) the latter half of '11 once the OL came around and gave him a chance.

But it's the same deal as with Quinn and all the rest, including Jamarcus Russell if the Hawks do turn out to be that "mystery team." If they are as bad as people think then there's nothing to worry about because they won't make the cut. Competition is good. But I'd actually probably take Tjack over Quinn.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
The Hawks did go 5-3 (and almost 6-2) the latter half of '11 once the OL came around and gave him a chance.

Yeah I like Tjack, he's got a good arm, never complained even with torn peck, when he go cut, he likes the team, he played behind a horrible line, with no offense weapons. Not saying he is starting QB material, but he might go 50/50 if you loose your QB for 2-4 games, and that is all you expect of a BU typically.

I think when he was cut, during the 3-way QB competition, it was because he was makin like 4M. he wont be near that figure now.

Reaction score
Whole lot of humble pie.

But he's probably not very smart, right sprhawk? ;)

Reaction score
Yeah I like Tjack, he's got a good arm, never complained even with torn peck, when he go cut, he likes the team, he played behind a horrible line, with no offense weapons. Not saying he is starting QB material, but he might go 50/50 if you loose your QB for 2-4 games, and that is all you expect of a BU typically.

I think when he was cut, during the 3-way QB competition, it was because he was makin like 4M. he wont be near that figure now.
Was he cut?? I thought we traded him to Buffalo for a 6th or 7th?

Dane

Huddler
Reaction score
Was he cut?? I thought we traded him to Buffalo for a 6th or 7th?

Jackson was traded to Buffao for a 7th rounder. Portis was cut a few weeks ago after getting a DUI during his last chance with the team.

Anyways, props to PC & JS for keeping it interesting in even the backup roles. If T-Jax does indeed sign tomorrow as his Twitter account suggests, he will likely have the edge in the backup race because of his familiarity with the offense, the coaches, and a measure of respect from those he played with in 2011 because of his toughness to play through a pectoral muscle tear. I would think it'd be T-Jax's job to lose if he does sign tomorrow.

As for who I would prefer as backup QB, I don't know until I see them compete in preseason. It's easy to say T-Jax because of his prior stint here, but let's see how he, Quinn, and Johnson perform in the closest thing to a real game that preseason offers.

SEA#FENSE

Huddler
Reaction score
A one year deal according to John Clayton. He stunk the place up before, why is he better now?

SEA#FENSE
Blue-green blood until the mortician drains it from my veins.

Top Bottom