• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Thanks, Matt

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
rm3_7926.jpg
Tuesday delivered a strange situation for Charlie Whitehurst. He lost a friend, but gained the opportunity to become the Seahawks’ starting quarterback.
It all happened in a couple of whirlwind hours on the players’ first day back after the 136-day lockout ended. The Seahawks decided to sign free-agent QB Tarvaris Jackson; rather than re-sign Matt Hasselbeck, who had been the starter the past 10 seasons.
Now, Hasselbeck is on his way to Tennessee, after agreeing Wednesday to sign with the Titans. So Whitehurst will be the QB with the No. 1 offense when the Seahawks go through a couple of walk-thru workouts on Thursday.
“It’s part of the game, and part of the business of the game,” said Whitehurst, who was acquired last year in a trade with the San Diego Chargers but quickly developed a friendship with Hasselbeck.
“I called him last night and left him a message, just kind of thanking him for being a good friend and a good teammate to me. I think he’ll get a lot of those calls from guys on his team, for sure.”
Still, one thing does lead to another.
“I hate to see him go,” Whitehurst said. “On the other hand, it is an opportunity. So I’m going to try to make the best of it.”

b.gif
drsBZB2E2Zc

Source: Seahawks.com

Top Bottom