• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Seahawks Thursday in Hawkville

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
A recap of the activities at Virginia Mason Athletic Center for Dec. 22:
FOCUS ON
Red Bryant. Or, actually Joseph Brooks Bryant, Red’s son who was born last night.
Coach Pete Carroll caused a mini-stir when he tweeted, “We heard he was 17.2 lbs.” Actually, the first child of Bryant and his wife, Janelle, weighed 6 pounds, 15 ounces. But that doesn’t mean Joseph doesn’t have much bigger things in his future.
“My wife, she definitely was happy it wasn’t 17 pounds,” Bryant, who weighs 330, said in the locker room after today’s practice. “He’s just the same size I was when I was a baby. My mom said I actually doubled my weight in two weeks. So I’m assuming he’s going to do the same.
“But he’s the exact build and everything that I was. A lot of people thought he was going to be humungous, but I knew he was going to be an average baby. But I also know he’s going to grow to be a big, strong man.”
Joseph also is Red’s given name, but the baby is not a Jr. because of his middle name.
“We named him after my Godmother, Sue Brooks,” Bryant said. “She passed away two years ago from cancer. So we named him to honor her.”
But will anyone call the latest member of the Bryant/Green family Joseph? Or will he become “Little Red”?
“I don’t know,” Bryant said. “His grandma, my wife’s mom, she’s worried that people are going to call him ‘Little Red.’ It’s probably going to come with the territory. I want him to have his own identity. But I’ll be surprised if people didn’t call him ‘Little Red.’ ”
So, will the starting left defensive end for the Seahawks in 22 years be named Joseph Brooks Bryant, and wear No. 79? Janelle’s father, Jacob Green, filled that role and jersey from 1980-91 when he set the franchise record with 116 sacks. Now, her husband and Jacob’s son-in-law is playing the same spot and wearing the same number.
“That would be a huge coincidence,” Bryant said with a huge smile. “You never know. You never know. I’m pretty sure his grandfather is going to be in his ear. I’ll be in his ear. So we’ll see where the chips fall.”
Bryant then paused, as if to let the events of his sleepless night and the entire year wash over him.
“I’m just extremely blessed,” he said. “My wife is doing great. My son is doing great. 2011 has just been a great year. I can’t thank God enough. He’s truly been good to me.”
ON THE FIELD
The players worked without pads or helmets for 90 minutes in the indoor practice facility, their final full workout before Saturday’s game against the 49ers at CenturyLink Field.
“We had a great week,” Carroll said. “This has really been the kind of week you hope for this late in the season. The guys are really on it. We’re looking forward to a tremendous opportunity to play at home for the last time this year. We’re excited about that.
“And the fact that every ticket is sold, that’s exciting that the fans are ready to go and the 12th MAN will rockin’. So we’ll make it one great event for everybody, hopefully, by playing well.”
DANCE FEVER
After practice, rookie cornerback Richard Sherman and veteran defensive lineman Anthony Hargrove strutted some different moves in the locker room. With teammates watching, cheering and capturing the action on their phones, they ripped through a dance-off. It was only fitting, because these two are always dancing on the sideline during practice.
And the winner was? “I am definitely claiming victory,” Sherman said. “I put a couple of things on tape that he was unable to match. He put a lot of good plays out there with the ‘wheel chair.’ He pulled out all the stops. It was an incredibly impressive effort from a 300-pounder.”
IN ’N OUT
Leading receiver Doug Baldwin did not practice today after turning his left ankle in practice yesterday, but Carroll said he expects the rookie to be ready to play against the 49ers.
Bryant returned to practice, as did fellow D-linemen Raheem Brock and Clinton McDonald.
Here’s the official injury report:
Did not practice
WR Doug Baldwin (ankle)
CB Kennard Cox (hamstring)
LB Malcolm Smith (concussion)
Limited participation
DT Clinton McDonald (concussion)
Full participation
OG Robert Gallery (pelvis)
QB Tarvaris Jackson (pectoral)
MLB David Hawthorne (knee)
FINAL JEOPARDY
The Seahawks were the question to the Final Jeopardy answer on the popular TV quiz show last night. Well, the proper response was Seattle Seahawks, because the answer was which NFL team has the same three letters in its nickname as the city it represents.
“I know there’s a lot of important stuff going on, but do you realize we were on ‘Jeopardy’ last night?” Carroll said. “Pretty good.”
Asked what the question was, Carroll didn’t hesitate before offering, “Will you pose that answer in the form of a question, please?”
STAT DU JOUR
Brandon Browner has etched his name into the Seahawks’ record book in his first season with the team. The free-agent cornerback from the CFL has more interception return yards (220) than any player in franchise history, as well as the longest return (97 yards). He also has tied a club record with interceptions in his past four games. Here’s a look at that list:
Player (year) No.
Cornell Webster (1978-79) 4
John Harris (1980) 4
Dave Brown (1983-84) 4
Kenny Easley (1984) 4
Eugene Robinson (1991) 4
Brandon Browner (2011) 4
UP NEXT
Friday, which of course is Saturday in this mismatched week at VMAC, because the Seahawks play on Saturday. So the typical day-before-the-game walk-through will be held Friday morning.
YOU DON’T SAY
“I should have drafted him. Kicking myself for not doing that.” – Jim Harbaugh on Baldwin, who played for the 49ers coach at Stanford last season

b.gif
mFgtrHRQhW0

Source: Seahawks.com

Top Bottom