• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Turbin time

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
Damn that TD run was Sweeeeeet.

I know a lot of people like Lynch but I think Turbin is going to be a way better back.

Dude has it all. Hell of a nice guy Shake and bake and some nice cutting ability too.

I hope Lynch has a good year but I won't be too upset if he doesn't.

Reaction score
Yeah, I like Turbin a ton but he's got ways to go before he's achieved beast mode status.

TwilightError

Huddler
Reaction score
The young man needs to watch and learn from the grandmaster that is Beast Mode! If he does that, soon he can become great running back. He is not there yet.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Lynch is way better right now, no one in the NFL can break takles and get to the 2nd level like Marshawn on a Beast. My only knock on turbin so far is seems to go down on first contact.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
yeah he did have that one , where his legs kept pumpin. He has great speed and agility, and is VERY dangerous in the second level. I think when he got that big gainer, he got a lot of confidence, ran harder after.

OP
sprhawk

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
You know the thing I really don't like about Lynch is his inconsistancy. With SA you could tell that a big run was coming and nothing was going to stop it. I think Turbin might have the ability to figure out a defense a little more each time he carries.

Reaction score
You know the thing I really don't like about Lynch is his inconsistancy. With SA you could tell that a big run was coming and nothing was going to stop it. I think Turbin might have the ability to figure out a defense a little more each time he carries.

Are you high? Did you ever watch the seahawks before? SA while being a great guy was only "great" on the field because of one of the best lines in NFL history.. Lynch inconsistent? What planet do you live on? This guy is one of the hardest runners every single down. So pass on the pipe and let me have a hit, because Lynch will be the guy for a while. "inconsistant" or not.

12thManFan

Huddler
Reaction score
Not to break the conversation but remember TJ Duckett and Julius Jones, omg...

OP
sprhawk

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
Are you high? Did you ever watch the seahawks before? SA while being a great guy was only "great" on the field because of one of the best lines in NFL history.. Lynch inconsistent? What planet do you live on? This guy is one of the hardest runners every single down. So pass on the pipe and let me have a hit, because Lynch will be the guy for a while. "inconsistant" or not.

Here we go, Seriously have you ever heard of the Crimson Tide? Or did he have that line there too?

2001 Seattle offense was ranked 25th yet SA had 16 TD's and 1,318 yards.

Lynch is a hard runner, right into a brick wall sometimes. Not the brightest guy but maybe that wall has something to do with it.

SA had style, vision and was a smart runner. He had good numbers his entire carreer and rarely missed a game, credit the smart running. Avoiding hits will extend a career.

SA 8,400 yards 87 TD's (6 seasons)
ML 4,542 yards 32 TD's (6 seasons)

I wouldn't be surprised if this is Lynch's most productive year. He is a hell of an improvement from what we've had since SA but he is no SA.

Reaction score
Here we go, Seriously have you ever heard of the Crimson Tide? Or did he have that line there too?

2001 Seattle offense was ranked 25th yet SA had 16 TD's and 1,318 yards.

Lynch is a hard runner, right into a brick wall sometimes. Not the brightest guy but maybe that wall has something to do with it.

SA had style, vision and was a smart runner. He had good numbers his entire carreer and rarely missed a game, credit the smart running. Avoiding hits will extend a career.

SA 8,400 yards 87 TD's (6 seasons)
ML 4,542 yards 32 TD's (6 seasons)

I wouldn't be surprised if this is Lynch's most productive year. He is a hell of an improvement from what we've had since SA but he is no SA.

Just pulling up those stats show you don't know much about the Seahawks or Lynch. You cannot in anyway compare their first six seasons in the league, the playing time doesn't come close to matching up

like I said, I love Shaun Alexander, think he is a good back, but if you REALLY are convinced that he is sooo good without the line. Just take a look at his splits after hutch left in 2006... 7 TDs and less than 4 YPC... oh yeah, less than 1000 yards rushing as well. Granted he played 10 games, but he had about the same amount of touches as Lynch did last year. oh and guess what? They were only one year apart in age.. so don't give me the "he was too old" excuse.

His stats didn't get any better and became irrelevant. So please, don't throw up stats and expect to make an argument, Shaun was a great back in our system. But throw him anywhere else and I promise you, you would not see his face in the record books.

Not saying Lynch will score 28 TDs.... but he will never have Walter Jones and Hutch either.

#restmycase

OP
sprhawk

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score

Come on you pick that over SA? I could rest my case with that alone.

SA was awesome with the tide and would have done well no matter what team he was on. He was intellegent and had a nose for the end zone. It is one thing to have good blockers but you also need to know how to use them.

Sorry you can argue all you want but Lynch just can't compete with that.

How many times have you seen Lynch start a run and know the second he touches the ball that he's going the distance? This is like comparing a toy to the real thing.

I like how you left out that SA broke his left foot in week 3 of the 2006 season. However, in the same game, he set a team record while scoring his 102nd touchdown of his career, breaking Steve Largent's record. In a November 27 MNF game against the Packers, he carried the ball a team record 40 times for 201 yards. It was a return to MVP form and yet another prime-time showcase whlle playing with the broken foot. In a December SA broke Barry Sanders record for most consecutive games with a run of 10 or more yards.

In 2007 he broke his wrist and was never the same.

Reaction score
Alexander had vision and patience over Lynch its not even close. But Lynch is faster, more explosive, runs with more power, a better pass catcher, and he's probably more elusive too.

Reaction score

Come on you pick that over SA? I could rest my case with that alone.

SA was awesome with the tide and would have done well no matter what team he was on. He was intellegent and had a nose for the end zone. It is one thing to have good blockers but you also need to know how to use them.

Sorry you can argue all you want but Lynch just can't compete with that.

How many times have you seen Lynch start a run and know the second he touches the ball that he's going the distance? This is like comparing a toy to the real thing.

I like how you left out that SA broke his left foot in week 3 of the 2006 season. However, in the same game, he set a team record while scoring his 102nd touchdown of his career, breaking Steve Largent's record. In a November 27 MNF game against the Packers, he carried the ball a team record 40 times for 201 yards. It was a return to MVP form and yet another prime-time showcase whlle playing with the broken foot. In a December SA broke Barry Sanders record for most consecutive games with a run of 10 or more yards.

In 2007 he broke his wrist and was never the same.

Ok, so you blame it on injuries. Thats all I need to know. No point in arguing anymore. Have a good night.

Top Bottom