• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

What Happened Today Against Oakland?

twisted

Huddler
Reaction score
over 5 sacs? over 11 hits? over 14 hurries?

last weeks win was a fortunate win as Hasselbeck was sacked 5 times and hurried a bunch, I thought the protection issue would have been addressed at this point?

I'm no coach but when the pocket is constantly collapsing and the line is getting ran over don't teams typically make changes in their strategies to combat the issue?

in any event keep your heads up fellas theres always next week.. :emoticon-0178-rock:

Reaction score
twisted;51340 said:
in any event keep your heads up fellas theres always next week.. :emoticon-0178-rock:
The Giants are going to kill Hasselbeck. Just wait and see.

OP
T

twisted

Huddler
Reaction score
not if the seahawks can address the issue?

OBVIOUSLY they need to get the ball out the quarterbacks hands quicker,

the bottom line is a football game in strategy is similar to chess, to win you have to stay one step ahead of your opponents strategies or you can rely on your opponent making mistakes..

do you think Oakland was counting on pressuring the quarterback as a strategy to win, especially on 3rds? apparently all Oakland had to do was study the Seahawks last 2 games to figure that out?

whats not apparent is why the Seahawks didn't anticipate that strategy as Oakland's game plan, or, why the Seahawks failed to counter Oaklands game plan to a degree?

it just doesn't seem fair to put the fate of a football games outcome squarely on an offensive lines shoulders?

its almost as if Oakland counted on the Hawks QB to sit in the pocket and wait to get sacked or make a bad pass, and frankly thats what happened..

what gets me is trying the same thing over and over again then expecting a different result?

sheesh, at least protect your QB, keep running the ball at them, if that simply yields 3 and outs just like the alternatives have yielded you haven't really lost anything, at the same time you've avoided interceptions and protected your QB., punt it deep and hope for some defensive digits?

one things for sure, New York will be gunning for Seattle's QB, early and often..

Reaction score
#ONE;51343 said:
Reality happened lol

so many problems, so little time.

Lol I have to agree with this. We've been over achieving, our next 6 games (except carolina) are where we will see exactly where this team is at.

Next 6 games:
vs giants
@ cards
@ saints
vs chiefs
vs. Panthers
vs falcons.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
When the QB has only 2.5 secs to get the play off before taking a sack, I would say alot of the blame lies with the O-line.
I think the club has done what could this offseason to patch and build a good line with depth, but again we are hit with the injury bug:
Okung, Pitts, Unger, Willis, Polumbus today?

3 of those 5 are starters,

Go back and watch the game, Campbell had waaaay more time the Hass in the pocket.

Reaction score
szat;51353 said:
When the QB has only 2.5 secs to get the play off before taking a sack, I would say alot of the blame lies with the O-line.
I think the club has done what could this offseason to patch and build a good line with depth, but again we are hit with the injury bug:
Okung, Pitts, Unger, Willis, Polumbus today?

3 of those 5 are starters,

Go back and watch the game, Campbell had waaaay more time the Hass in the pocket.

Oh for sure. I don't think anyone is going to argue that.

But Oakland brought the house on almost every play. They blitzed like 7 or 8 guys almost the entire time. That's why our receivers were always 1 on 1 and Matt threw it up a bajilion times, but no one could come up with it.

We tried to bring pressure with 4 guys way too many times. It's just not gonna happen with this team. We got beat by DHB, Jacoby Ford, and Reece... those are the guys that burnt our secondary.

12thManFan

Huddler
Reaction score
I believe it was the complete breakdown of our o-line, the lack of rushing defense on McFadden, and dare I say it, Butler dropping passes that were dead accurate. Nothing more, nothing less. We just simply got smashed. :Dizzy:

Reaction score
To be fair yes we got burned by some crappy WRs, but look who was covering them. Every time we got burned it was. On the defensive right side of tthe field, away from trufant. We really needed Thurmond or(dare I say it?) Jennings. If even one of them is healthy that would have changed this game a lot. Also on the turnovers we caught some bad breaks with deflections and what not.

mark

Huddler
Reaction score
sure glad i didnt see it (it was blacked out in the bay area) in true seahawks fashion they just pissed away another one! now i gotta listen to them damn raider fans all week:angry2:

Reaction score
In an honest answer what happened... we didn't score more points than the Raiders. Offense looked flat at times it looked as if it was a bunch of fans dressing as players for Halloween on the field. The line was exposed and not having Russel Okung hurt us.

OP
T

twisted

Huddler
Reaction score
12thManFan;51359 said:
I believe it was the complete breakdown of our o-line, the lack of rushing defense on McFadden, and dare I say it, Butler dropping passes that were dead accurate. Nothing more, nothing less. We just simply got smashed. :Dizzy:

right, but isn't there anything in the palybook that addresses a break down in the offensive line?

after a full quarter of getting dismantled doesn't it make sense to begin a counter attack? why pull a Randy Moss and give up?

stack the line and run the ball over and over, it just seems to me a team should have plays to compliment a weak offensive line?

run the shotgun more, I formations, T formations, Pistol, flea flicker... why was Seattle so pressed to throw the ball against the WORST run defense in the league?

sheesh I dunno but if you are saying its impossible for the Seahawks to win without a dominant offensive line then whats the point? your opponent is going to blitz every play and win because you have failed to counter their blitz or design appropriate plays to avoid it?

Reaction score
twisted;51390 said:
right, but isn't there anything in the palybook that addresses a break down in the offensive line?

after a full quarter of getting dismantled doesn't it make sense to begin a counter attack? why pull a Randy Moss and give up?

stack the line and run the ball over and over, it just seems to me a team should have plays to compliment a weak offensive line?

run the shotgun more, I formations, T formations, Pistol, flea flicker... why was Seattle so pressed to throw the ball against the WORST run defense in the league?

sheesh I dunno but if you are saying its impossible for the Seahawks to win without a dominant offensive line then whats the point? your opponent is going to blitz every play and win because you have failed to counter their blitz or design appropriate plays to avoid it?
If it was that easy, anyone could be a coach. They tried running the ball with different formations and different players, but every time the Raiders were all over it.

It was just one of those games where your opponent stops everything you throw at them.

OP
T

twisted

Huddler
Reaction score
Fenom;51391 said:
If it was that easy, anyone could be a coach. They tried running the ball with different formations and different players, but every time the Raiders were all over it.

It was just one of those games where your opponent stops everything you throw at them.

I guess my entire point is the quarterbacks safety in this situation, how many QBs does Seattle have the caliber of Hasselbeck?

if your completely outplayed the first quarter and you have nothing in your bag to change the situation why hammer your QB, dump the ball off to a back, 3 and out is better than an interception and at the same time your QBs ribs are still intact, Oakland is the worst in the league at run defense..

hindsight is what?

its only the halfway mark, not sure I can endure any more of that style of play... :blind:

Bru-Hed

Huddler
Reaction score
mark;51366 said:
sure glad i didnt see it (it was blacked out in the bay area) in true seahawks fashion they just pissed away another one! now i gotta listen to them damn raider fans all week:angry2:

THIS is why Raider fans SUCK. "Most rabid"? "Most passionate"? "Most popular team"? Bulls***!!

Their team breaks a record for most points scored in their entire history, they win two or more games in a row for the first time since who-knows-when, and those cheapass fans STILL CANNOT SELL OUT THEIR STUPID STADIUM! They can afford all their harrr--ible pirate-themed merchandise but can't afford a frickin' TICKET?
:pissed:
LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME!!!

Local Hawks fans, tell me, please...How many times have Hawks games been blacked out since moving to Qwest? Even during the losing seasons? Guessing not many.
:good:

Top Bottom