• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Which QB Should Start?

Which QB Should Start?

• Charlie Whitehurst

Votes: 13 81.3%
  • Tarvaris Jackson

Votes: 3 18.8%

• Total voters

JustDoug

Huddler
Reaction score
Hasselbeck would be on the pup list by now, or dead. T-J or CBJ? Don't care. Run hawks run. Redskins, Eagles, and Bears in bad wheather at the end of the season when it counts the most. "Get there the fustest with the mostest."

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Jackson Week 1 Starter

He was named the starter for Week 1 in San Francisco. That's it. Not for any specific preseason game nor for any other regular season game after Week 1 (although I would be very surprised to see him yanked as soon as Week 2).

I read this article when it came up at begining of camp, but I am not seeing where it states "Jackson is the starter for Week 1 in SF." Danny O'Neil says, it but the coach does not, unless I'm missing it.

As far as the fans are concerned, we have a QB contraversy. When the fans are chanting "charlie, charlie," that tells you something. In watching the viks game agian, both QB's had really close to the same amount of time in the pocket (3 mississippi), but Charlie was more decisive in his passing and usually hit his 1st or 2nd read. Tavaris seemed to miss a couple of open recievers, but maybe those where his 3/4th options, and seemed quick to scramble. The rush was slightly more presssing on TJack then Charlie, and there were a couple of plays with TJack in where the end came completely free because of blown O-line assignments. I just still like how charlie handled himself and would like to see him get a chance to start the next game.

dizzle498

Huddler
Reaction score
I am still baffled how Caroll can name TJ the starter when he has a spotty record at best and had never practiced with the team to that point. Pete, what ever happened to competition?

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Me too, I think this is the "bevell" influence.
Tavaris maybe the plan, but P. Carol is the sherrif if he thinks Charlie gives a better chance to win, he have no doubts that he will make the change.

Reaction score
I have a feeling Pete has a few tricks up his sleeve. It seems like whenever we think we have him figure out, he throws a curve ball at us. I like the guy, but I always take eveything he says with a grain of salt. Not always the most truthful guy : /

Idahawk

Reaction score
Stanback ! Stanback !
I have a feeling Pete has a few tricks up his sleeve. It seems like whenever we think we have him figure out, he throws a curve ball at us. I like the guy, but I always take eveything he says with a grain of salt. Not always the most truthful guy : /

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
I'm suprised there wasnt a vote button for "Josh Portis" I wonder how many votes he would have gotten....

Reaction score
I'm suprised there wasnt a vote button for "Josh Portis" I wonder how many votes he would have gotten....

Because the only people that would pick him, are either picking him because they want to be different, or because they're stupid. :)

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Because the only people that would pick him, are either picking him because they want to be different, or because they're stupid. :)

That could be said about anyone of these QB's, why didnt you think he looked good during the SD game?

CHUCKLES! CHUCKLES!

Reaction score
Jackson Week 1 Starter

He was named the starter for Week 1 in San Francisco. That's it. Not for any specific preseason game nor for any other regular season game after Week 1 (although I would be very surprised to see him yanked as soon as Week 2).

I guess I haven't been paying close enough attention... But still, how long has CW had to learn Bevell's offense? By the time the regular season starts about 2 months? Probably not even that. Still makes sense to start T-Jack.

Reaction score
Hasselbeck would be on the pup list by now, or dead. T-J or CBJ? Don't care. Run hawks run. Redskins, Eagles, and Bears in bad wheather at the end of the season when it counts the most. "Get there the fustest with the mostest."

Don't forget the Steelers... We also play Baltimore.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
That hit T-Jack took where he got lift off his feet and landed on his backside, or the pop CW took in the chest would of effectively ended Matt's career. I'll make an early prediction that who ever starts in Game 1 probably be the same starter as in Game 16, expecially if our young O-line doesnt get things figured out.

Idahawk

Reaction score
Matt has already gotten crumpled in Tennesse and had to leave the game. No doubt a younger faster QB is the ticket with this O-line rebuild .

JustDoug

Huddler
Reaction score
Don't forget the Steelers... We also play Baltimore.
Doesn't look very easy for the home team does it?
I expect a surprise here and there, hopefully while I'm scolding my old 4x3 television set something good will happen. Usually if I pound it three times on the top, twice on the right, and once more on it's left...We score!

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Bring it on, nothing like tough defense's to let you know where you really stand.
Baltimore at home will be killer to witness. One of my favorite other teams to watch.

Reaction score
Yeah, I like Baltimore too and the nore their rivalry with Pittsburgh grows the more I like them. But I don't think that game will be much fun to watch... We're going to get smashed lol.

Top Bottom