• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

2009 NFL Draft Offensive Rankings

OP
J

JGleas

Huddler
Reaction score
vanillathrilla said:
Huh? Andre Smith 3d at the position? I'll take action on that right now!
Cole said:
Dude, that's bullcrap...
If your refering to his vanilla's statement, then I'll respond to both at the same time.

I acutally have Andre 4th behind Michael Oher, Jason Smith, and Eugene Monroe. I've never been a fan of Andre Smith. I think he could be a pretty solid RT or OG in the league, but I don't view him as a Top 20 Draft Selection or as a LT. His feet quickness is highly overrated and he struggles a lot to shuffle his feet. He struggles a lot with speed rushers at the college level and I think he'd get abused at the NFL level by guys like James Harrison, DeMarcus Ware, Julius Peppers, Mario Wiliams, the very good-elite Defensive Ends in the NFL. He's also short and has struggled with keeping his weight down. Not sure why people view the guy as a Franchise Left Tackle. I've always had him in this range and he reminds me of Mike Williams. People overrate his foot quickness because it's solid for his size, but don't realize that overall, it is nothing special. Technique is a little shaky too. He is a mauler as a run blocker with a damn good mean streak, but I don't see much of him in pass pro that says Franchise Left Tackle. All Oher, Smith, and Monroe have shown that elite level of foot quickness and athletic ability to handle the Left Tackle spot at the next level.

Reaction score
have not seen monrow play
Jason Smith will be the next Walt!
Oher could start this year just not quite the ceiling that JSmith has
The lazy smith takes to many plays off and isn't as well rounded as the others and probably the worst footwork of all 1st day tackles.

and Oher is not going to play OG :roll:

OP
J

JGleas

Huddler
Reaction score
SeahawkWag said:
have not seen monrow play
Jason Smith will be the next Walt!
Oher could start this year just not quite the ceiling that JSmith has
The lazy smith takes to many plays off and isn't as well rounded as the others and probably the worst footwork of all 1st day tackles.

and Oher is not going to play OG :roll:
Why about Monroe? I've seen him play multiple times this past season (USC, Richmond, Connecticut, Maryland, and Georgia Tech).

I acutally believe Oher and Smith's ceiling is at the same level. Oher's technique is inconsistent. Doesn't always properly bend at his knees and overextends at times. Physically, he has it all. The athletic ability, quick feet, brute strength, o, and he plays with a pretty nasty streak too. He just needs to polish up. Smith needs to bulk and continue working on his technique as he is still a bit raw and new to the position compared to most others.

Can't say I disagree on the Andre Smith comment.

Never said Oher would play OG and I highly doubt he does. I just like to list alternate positions that prospects have either played and/or scouts have/will take a look at him playing, and Oher fits both caterogies there.

Reaction score
Wow, very thorough. Good info and nice research. Doesn't seem like many "experts" agree, but they are wrong all the time anyway.

OP
J

JGleas

Huddler
Reaction score
vanillathrilla said:
Wow, very thorough. Good info and nice research. Doesn't seem like many "experts" agree, but they are wrong all the time anyway.
Thank you, I do try my best.

Like I said, people sometimes get caught in certain traps, and one of the deadly one's would be looking at a big Offensive Tackle, saying that his feet are quick for his size, but failing to realize that overall, they are only average at best. Hell, maybe he'll outperform my evaluation on him and trim down a bit, but I do have my doubts...

Top Bottom