• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

2014 NFL Draft Thread

Reaction score
The draft is only a few days away.

What are your predictions for our first pick?

I wouldn't mind a WR. I hear the Seahawks are interested in Latimer out of Indiana. They've had him in for a workout.

I could also see them going OL. Su'a-Filo or Bitonio.

But this is Seattle, Pete and John calling the shot, so it'll be some Idaho State guy that none of us have heard of and he'll be an all-pro after two seasons.

RenegadeHawkFan

Huddler
Reaction score
I'm really starting to like jarvis landry from LSU. He just seems like a super tough receiver that wins a lot of 50-50 balls. The toughness stands out and is a big need when youre a seahawk and have to play these nfc west defenses.

I don't see it as a need but that cb from nebraska i think stanley jean-baptiste would fit in our secondary perfectly. Good depth and could be useful in the future because i dont think well be able to keep maxwell.

Just a couple of the guys i like for seattle.

RenegadeHawkFan

Huddler
Reaction score
Another thought is i saw that the Browns want to trade back into the 1st round for a 3rd 1st round pick to get a qb and that seattle is an option to trade with. If im the seahawks i'll give the browns pick #32 in exchange for #35 and #71. This would give us an early 3rd round pick to replace the 3rd we gave away to acquire harvin. This is my best case scenario. Unless there is a can't miss guy that falls to 32 i make this trade.

OP
#ONE
Reaction score
Another thought is i saw that the Browns want to trade back into the 1st round for a 3rd 1st round pick to get a qb and that seattle is an option to trade with. If im the seahawks i'll give the browns pick #32 in exchange for #35 and #71. This would give us an early 3rd round pick to replace the 3rd we gave away to acquire harvin. This is my best case scenario. Unless there is a can't miss guy that falls to 32 i make this trade.
Hells to the yeah! Trade down 3 spots and pick up an early 3rd! Where do I sign up? If PCJS can pull that off, that'll be fantastic!

RenegadeHawkFan

Huddler
Reaction score
Hells to the yeah! Trade down 3 spots and pick up an early 3rd! Where do I sign up? If PCJS can pull that off, that'll be fantastic!
The browns have 2 3rd round picks ill take either of thrm with pick 35 for 32. They think the browns will wanna jump in front of the texans at 33 to get a qb. Start a bidding war between the browns and texans and sell 32 to the highest bidder.

12thManFan

Huddler
Reaction score
I'm hearing there's a strong interest in Dominique Easley from us. Also hearing Kelvin Benjamin is high on our board as well. Easley looks like a great fit but if I'm not mistaken, he has injury concerns but I might be wrong. I would be lying if I told you I didn't want Benjamin, you can't teach 6'5.

RAMSWRATH

Huddler
Reaction score
Do you have any input on who the Seahawks will draft or what they may do with that pick?

As much as you or anyone else does regarding any teams pick. I can say with confidence the pick will be for a football player or traded to another team for same.

OP
#ONE
Reaction score
As much as you or anyone else does regarding any teams pick. I can say with confidence the pick will be for a football player or traded to another team for same.
Very insightful. Thanks for your input.

Idahawk

Reaction score
I was totally on the " draft an O-lineman " bandwagon and I still don't mind that pick if they do it , but I think the real value is at RB .

It may be a undervalued position to some teams but it's a crucial piece in Seattles offence and if you could get a top 2-3 back in the draft at 32 ? Why not .

Yes , Lynch is the man but he won't last forever . You got Turbin , you got Micheal but who knows if they can carry the load or if we can even resign them or want to. Turbins contract is up next year I think , so it makes since to add depth if you have questions at your key position .

BISHOP SANKEY, Washington (5-9½, 209, 4.53, 2) – Third-year junior. "He's got a little bit of Emmitt Smith in him," said one scout. "He's like a poor man's Emmitt Smith. He can run everywhere. He's just not a real burner. But he's got quickness and vision, and he's a hell of a kid. He's tougher than (expletive)." Gained 1,870 yards last year, breaking Corey Dillon's school record. Finished with 644 carries for 3,496 yards (5.4) and 37 TDs, breaking Napoleon Kaufman's school mark of 34. "Napoleon Kaufman was much more straight-line than Sankey," said a second scout. "This guy has more moves and more pure speed. He's not as strong as Emmitt but looks the way Emmitt looked when he came to the Cowboys. I just don't think he will be big enough to take the every-day pounding." From Spokane, Wash. "He's pretty damn good," said a third scout. "He's not dynamic but the kid's got great feel and is quick as hell. Real similar to Giovani Bernard."

We could mortgage our entire draft for Clowney ala Mike Ditka ....just add one player lol

RAMSWRATH

Huddler
Reaction score
So what are you hopin the rams do with those two first round picks?

Hopefully get PRO BOWL starters NOW in positions of greatest NEED. Outside of that theres really no knowing since Fisher and Snead have said everything is in play. Bradford needs protection and someone with great hands, tall, physical and fast to throw to. Williams will demand better pieces on defense. I wouldn't be surprised to see the #2 overall traded for multiple 2nd and 3rd round picks since this is considered one of the best talent depth drafts in quite a while. I think they stay with the 13th overall pick.

Idahawk

Reaction score
The Rams should Trade Bradford to Houston for the 1st pick and take a QB ......Sam can't be trusted and if he goes down again , he's gone anyway . I'd get something for him before it's to late . He's got his guaranteed money so cut your loss .

If Bradford doesn't deliver or gets hurt and that team stinks , it's over in St Louis . The Rams are already on a year to year lease because that stadium had to be a first class venue and it's like the 7th worst in the NFL a poor season and it spells move to Cali time !

RAMSWRATH

Huddler
Reaction score
The Rams should Trade Bradford to Houston for the 1st pick and take a QB ......Sam can't be trusted and if he goes down again , he's gone anyway . I'd get something for him before it's to late . He's got his guaranteed money so cut your loss .

If Bradford doesn't deliver or gets hurt and that team stinks , it's over in St Louis . The Rams are already on a year to year lease because that stadium had to be a first class venue and it's like the 7th worst in the NFL a poor season and it spells move to Cali time !

As I've said many times before the Rams won't move to LA. Owners won't forego the franchise fee to do so. Besides LA isn't anywhere near even starting the process to approve a site so many years yet down the road. Rams contract states stadium has to be within the top 25% unless agreed upon by both parties. If I had to bet I would say Kroenke gets a stadium done in St. Louis County around the old Chrysler plant site.

This season is huge for Bradford.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Man this draft is stacked at so many positions, it will set records! I wish we had 10 picks! If I had one of those top picks I would be trading back. There is 1st round talent in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

Quote me, there will be 5+ first year starting QB's to come out of this draft.

Okay for the 32 pick I like:

*Cyrus Kouandjio OT
Alabama Jr 6-7 322

*Xavier Su'a-Filo OG 2 UCLA rJr 6-4 307

Kyle Fuller CB 3 Virginia Tech Sr 6-1 190 1
Jason Verrett CB 4 TCU Sr 5-10 189 1-2

*Brandin Cooks WR 3 Oregon State Jr 5-10 189

That is if any of these guys were to fall to us.... :/

Also in a 'always compete' setting we have you might take this hard hitting safety:
may be a candidate to convert to CB, due to his speed and size.

Jimmie Ward SS 1 Northern Illinois Sr 5-11 193

OP
#ONE
Reaction score
If Marqise Lee is still on the board at 32, do you want him?

I'm a bag fan. Watched him torch my Ducks many times. Dude is a consistent play maker.

A lot of people have him going to Philly. He'd be a good fit for their offense and would fill the void left by Jackson.

Top Bottom