• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

3-4th round pick

Reaction score
Domonique Johnson, Jackson St.
Ht - 6-2, Wt - 200, 40 - 4.35

fast and big enough for the NFC West

Reaction score
Vanilla-
I didn't say have him cover Fritz. I said Tru covers the main go-to-guy and let this guy take the other. Fritz is their No. 1 guy.

Reaction score
I like Trufant but the one guy he is particularly ineffective against is Fitz. Its not just him, its every cb. We need someone to punish Warner for even thinking of throwing. We had no pass rush this year and to face facts, their (Card's) line has gotten very good.

OP
SeahawkWag
Reaction score
vanillathrilla said:
I like Trufant but the one guy he is particularly ineffective against is Fitz. Its not just him, its every cb. We need someone to punish Warner for even thinking of throwing. We had no pass rush this year and to face facts, their (Card's) line has gotten very good.

If we had corners will balls and were taller than a oompaloompa they could get up and press to slow the WR some and let the DL get a extra .5 second.

Reaction score
I kinda think its been working in the opposite direction lately, The DL isn't getting hardly any pressure so the DB's are trying to cover for too long. Any WR worth his salt will eventually get open. That's not the whole problem however, I believe that Jennings should be executed on the 50 yd line to start the home opener.

Idahawk

Reaction score
vanillathrilla said:

Thats not an option

JGleas

Huddler
Reaction score
I really like Domonique Johnson. "D.J" is very physically gifted. He orginally played with Missouri and had a very stellar freshman season, but got in the doghouse with the Mizzou coaching staff and left. He was a lockdown Corner at Jackson State and dominated the 1-AA level. My concerns about him are, despite his size, he doesn't play physical in coverage. He does a solid job of coming up against the run, but he doesn't use his hands and the line and needs to learn how to re-route receivers. The guy is a smooth, natural athlete with great agility and can really flip the hips and run with Receivers. He displays nice ball skills as well. D.J. also needs to refine his backpedal a bit and work a little more on planting and exploding to the ball. Lots of potential though and I like the guy in the 3rd Round range at the latest. I thought he could've made himself a 1st Rounder at the Senior Bowl, but he didn't really stand-out due to being raw. His athletic ability and potential came through at times though. Deep CB class will probably push him into the 3rd.

Top Bottom