• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Arizona Game Discussion

twelvewins

Huddler
Reaction score
It's been a long time since I heard Collinsworth call a game, but not long enough. He states in his typical 'no idea what I'm watching dead-pan':

"...and this game that felt all Arizona...."

Are you serious? Keep in mind that at the moment he is saying this nonsense, Seattle has dominated time of possession, nearly picked off Lindley in the endzone, only allowed the field goal because they got som lucky breaks and we missed a 52 yard field goal, and the penalties have been 7-0 against Seattle.

Their first two first downs were by PENALTY.

When can we be spared this nonsense? Go 'Hawks!

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
After the first win over the Niners on turkey day Pete stated that the Seahawks hadn't even peaked yet, hadn't yet played their best football and that it was "a beautiful thing to be able to say that at this time of the year." This team in some ways is even better than last year. More experienced having already gone through the process of ascending that mountain and knowing what it takes to reach the top. Better because it hasn't been nearly as easy this year as it was last year. Far more adversity.
These guys are playing for each other now. No time for egos, no time for stat quotas, it's all about winning. When they got that going on, no team can beat them. Here, there or anywhere. It gets to the point where all perceived weaknesses, like lack of offense, "pedestrian" receivers, Wilson having no pocket presence, all of that turns out to be nothing but a mirage. If I had to sum this team up in one word, it would be "balance."

Go Hawks! Keep that train rolling.

Last edited:

RAMSWRATH

Huddler
Reaction score
After the first win over the Niners on turkey day Pete stated that the Seahawks hadn't even peaked yet, hadn't yet played their best football and that it was "a beautiful thing to be able to say that at this time of the year." This team in some ways is even better than last year. More experienced having already gone through the process of ascending that mountain and knowing what it takes to reach the top. Better because it hasn't been nearly as easy this year as it was last year. Far more adversity.
These guys are playing for each other now. No time for egos, no time for stat quotas, it's all about winning. When they got that going on, no team can beat them. Here, there or anywhere. It gets to the point where all perceived weaknesses, like lack of offense, "pedestrian" receivers, Wilson having no pocket presence, all of that turns out to be nothing but a mirage. If I had to sum this team up in one word, it would be "balance."

Go Hawks! Keep that train rolling.

I'd agree with a lot of that but balance, no. RW saved your bacon again with his salvaging broken plays. The 10 yard run for the TD was simply amazing. You boys have continually gone to that well with great success. At some point it will be dry, not in a lost yardage sense either. It will be RW on the sidelines. I will concede RW has excellent pocket presence and is without doubt in Dec. 2014 an elite QB. I would also question Beast Mode being late on the field and in the game as potential "ego" problem but when in the game he played hard. Your boys are indeed peaking at the perfect time and locking up HFA will certainly make you the favorite in the NFC. Just to win the NFC in consecutive years is a great feat, the super bowl, wow.

Idahawk

Reaction score
So your saying at some point Wilson will get injured and we won't be the same ? No shit Sherlock .. 2 years of hearing this crap and your still going with it ? It's become laughable ..do us a favor and find some new material for the new year ! Please

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
"RW saved your bacon again with his salvaging broken plays"

I'll refresh your short-term memory. The final score was 35-6. It's not like they got out of it by the skin of their teeth.
Defense, running game, special teams, coaching are all top notch. The only thing normally lacking is the passing game. When that is clicking, which usually happens when it needs to happen, they have it going on in all phases of the game. That's what sets them apart and makes them as good as they are.
That's the very definition of balance.

RAMSWRATH

Huddler
Reaction score
So your saying at some point Wilson will get injured and we won't be the same ? No shit Sherlock .. 2 years of hearing this crap and your still going with it ? It's become laughable ..do us a favor and find some new material for the new year ! Please

Same would be vast understatement spud. Yes, no.:p

RAMSWRATH

Huddler
Reaction score
"RW saved your bacon again with his salvaging broken plays"

I'll refresh your short-term memory. The final score was 35-6. It's not like they got out of it by the skin of their teeth.
Defense, running game, special teams, coaching are all top notch. The only thing normally lacking is the passing game. When that is clicking, which usually happens when it needs to happen, they have it going on in all phases of the game. That's what sets them apart and makes them as good as they are.
That's the very definition of balance.

Again must disagree as your offense is slightly above average whereas the defense is the best. Its working but is not balance.

12thManFan

Huddler
Reaction score
Again must disagree as your offense is slightly above average whereas the defense is the best. Its working but is not balance.
I couldn't disagree more. We may not have a Packers or Broncos offense but to say we have a slightly above average offense when they consistently post good numbers game in and game out, is completely wrong. You're basically saying what analysts said all last year. I get it was one game, but we just posted a franchise record in yards against a top 5 defense. We have an offense, it's just EXTREMELY underrated.

RAMSWRATH

Huddler
Reaction score
I couldn't disagree more. We may not have a Packers or Broncos offense but to say we have a slightly above average offense when they consistently post good numbers game in and game out, is completely wrong. You're basically saying what analysts said all last year. I get it was one game, but we just posted a franchise record in yards against a top 5 defense. We have an offense, it's just EXTREMELY underrated.

Your offense is ranked 11th in points scored. Slightly above average. RW is underrated although no longer by me.

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
How about the Wheels on Luke Willson , that's a big TE out running the Cards secondary !

Could we finally have a Gronk ? Impressive
I was talking about that last night when he was running down the field. I fully agree. For a TE he was showing some serious afterburners on that play. It was almost identical to the play last year in the regular season matchup with the Saints that involved Zach Miller. Only Miller had an even bigger head start than Willson but still got caught from behind at about the 6 yard line and didn't make it into the end zone.

seahawkblitz

Huddler
Reaction score
And how about Beastquake 2.o. That was an awesome run. loved how Lockette made his block at the same time Lynch blew up Peterson and both defenders went flying out of bounds. Hope he's got a couple more of those saved up for the playoffs.

12thManFan

Huddler
Reaction score
Your offense is ranked 11th in points scored. Slightly above average. RW is underrated although no longer by me.

11th in points scored but consider we had probably a top 5 toughest schedule from a defensive standpoint. Cowboys, Packers, Broncos, Chiefs, Eagles, Cardinals, 49ers, and Rams all have challenging defenses and we are near being a top 10 offense.

Idahawk

Reaction score
Our offense is not built for big numbers it's built to control the ball and limit turnovers . Everyone talks about the Seahawks getting a " big time " wide receiver , that would be a waste of money and that WR wouldn't be happy ( ala) Tate because your just not going to get the ball that many times a game and your numbers will suck , if your a Diva WR ( ala ) Harvin you'll hate it in Seattle :) . In Seattle you block , you get 3-4 balls a game and you win , egos have no place in this offense

I certainly can see a time post Lynch when Wilson may be asked to throw more , right now there's no need and success , winning and Rings are may more important then any stats .

Wilson is the MVP , put him on any team that team gets better overnight . He could literally step off a plane and help a team win tomorrow , it's not about numbers for me .

Top Bottom