• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Beating a dead horse, but what the heck

Seahawk28

Huddler
Reaction score
There's been alot of talk on other threads about what to do Luck, Barkley wise. None had that as the heading, so I thought I would bring the subject to the table again. Would you trade our 1st, and 3rd, maybe a Snickers Bar included :) for either one of these guys? From what I've read as far as the other of our canidates, RG 3, other's, they're work in progress (as any other, but maybe more so). Flynn, yeah he has some NFL starts and didn't look bad, BUT would you mortgage the house for a Collage QB that hasn't proven anything. (Yes, I know Flynn back-up in GB)
Look at Matt Lienart, Cam Newton, Vince Young. They're all good in they're own right, but not a franchise QB by any means. I'll admit, I don't know too much about Flynn, but from what I've read, watched, he's got a jump on the other canidates (and without giving up the house). I guess my pick is Flynn, and shore up other positions. A Month ago, it was differant. "Hell trade the whole damn team for an unproven guy." Seriuosly, if you had the nod, who, and how would you work this out?

Reaction score
If they signed Flynn, and used the picks to shore up other positions I would be content with that. As you said, it wouldn't cost the hawks much since he's a FA (compensatory pick?). If they were squared away at QB and could use those picks on maybe a stud DE, LB, WR or maybe even another OL for depth (God knows we need it) that could eventually replace Gallery, that would be kick ass!!

JustDoug

Huddler
Reaction score
Q. "There's been alot of talk on other threads about what to do Luck, Barkley wise. None had that as the heading, so I thought I would bring the subject to the table again. Would you trade our 1st, and 3rd, maybe a Snickers Bar included?..."

A. Yeah, i'd do it in a heartbeat, and be glad to get the deal done. Any Qb's like Luck or Barkley would improve the distant future for this franchise, as players like them don't come around often enough. Flynn is just not a solution to me.

Q. "Seriously, if you had the nod, who, and how would you work this out?"
A. Draft a talented QB that fits what you are trying to accomplish. My belief is that will be...Ryan Tannehill. He's not Jake Locker, and he's not Tarvaris Jackson either, sort of a mix of the two. Plus he could be available come draft day.

Here's the link, to the link: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft
Click on whomever from there. It includes mock drafts from Rob Rang & Chad Reuters.

JustDoug doesn't trade away his Snicker's Bar!

Reaction score
With the ability this FO has shown to get value out of late picks I'd have absolutely no issue with trading up, especially if it was for Luck.

But if they decide to go with Flynn, that allows us pretty much to go with BPA since there are no massive glaring needs.

We could go corner, Morris Claiborne if he slips a little or Dre Kirkpatrick in the 1st or Desomnd Trufant in the 2nd.

There's really no burners in this years draft at WR, if we can't get Blackmon I say we avoid drafting a receiver since we already have a bunch.

Quinton Coples would probably have to slip a bit to get to us, I wouldn't mind Melvin Ingram in the 2nd though .

If Matt Kalil somehow slips to us (unlikely, he's a projected top 5 pick) I say we take him, put him at RT, and move Carpenter inside.

Zach Brown is a freak athlete at OLB, Ronnell Lewis is another OLB can rush the passer. Both will probably be first round picks.

S

Seattlehawk94

Trade for Flynn...He's proven he can play in this league...

We need more than a QB and giving up picks when that's the case sets you back another year....Drafting a Rookie is a crapshoot anyways..We won't get Luck which is the only sure thing pick...Barkley is Rick Mirer V2.0...

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
We don't have to trade for Flynn. He will be a free agent. The only cost will be his contract.

I'm not sure a game and a half makes him "proven." Tavaris Jackson has had a good game and a half before...

S

Seattlehawk94

Yeah, I knew he was..My thoughts got ahead of my typing I guess..

TJoke never had the mechanics or ability of Flynn though...

Reaction score
Great a Jake Locker and Tarvaris Jackson hybrid?? Christmas must be coming early for me :/

Is Trufant jr any good? Didnt the Huskies have a pretty bad pass defense/secondary?

S

Seattlehawk94

CSH's wet dream... T-Joke with Jakemarcus's brain...He loves them both ya know..

Reaction score
Dude I think Pete was smart to start TJack this year.... I know im eating some serious crow. But he knew they needed one more year to get the Oline and Defense together before bringing I'm a young franchise type QB. Jackson was cheap, he knows Bevells system and makes sense. There really wasnt a better option all circumstances considered.

LaceyBALL3R360

Huddler
Reaction score
how has flynn proven anything?????hes thrown less than 90 passes as a pro and 3 tds against what, the patriots defense wich has been consitently one of the worst pass d's in the league for many years now

S

Seattlehawk94

Proved more than Matthew did..That turned out alright..

And he's Mr. August Part II..

Reaction score
He's thrown 90 more passes and 3 more TDs in the NFL than Barkley and Luck combined. Not saying he's proven anything. But out of those 3 hes the most NFL ready and the best fit to run a west coast offense imo.

JustDoug

Huddler
Reaction score
Great a Jake Locker and Tarvaris Jackson hybrid?? Christmas must be coming early for me :/

I'd prefer a gunslinger myself! PC is on record saying he doesn't want an offense built around the qb position, so I can see them sticking with a player that relies more on mobility when plays break down.

Fouts, Marino, Montana, Stauback, Stoufer....vs.
Vick, Jackson, etc.

OP
Seahawk28

Seahawk28

Huddler
Reaction score
Quarterback is a touchy one. Look what just happened to Arizona with Kolb? I was all over us getting Kolb. I know oneseason, and an injury isn't going to account for a guys carreer, but it didn't start out too well with his new team. Isn't Flynn the same commodity? Played a few games, or less at starter, looked good, so the Cards sold the team for Kolb? At least we wouldn't be selling the House for Flynn though. Flynn, to me looks like another Hassleback. He has the mechanics down, is big enough to take a hit, and brings his lunchbox, and like I said, we don't mortgage the house to get him. I remember when we picked Matt up, it was with a new HC, a new team (not quite as young, but still new to each other), new sceme with some good talant around him. Been here before? Not having seen Luck, or Barkely in the same situation, it's hard to compare apples to apples. How many minutes did Matt play though before being brought over in 2001? The thing is, he did take us to the Super Bowl, and kick some ass, BUT will Luck be the next (fill in blamk here)? This is really a tough question. We have the team, and recourses to trade away to get one of these guys. It would put us on hold for a year, but if Luck pan's out? Would it really kill us? We're not going to the Super Bowl next year anyways, and would still have late 2012 , and 2013 draft picks., or save the picks to shore up some depth. I'm not talking about some guy named Swartz in the late rounds at QB. How many times we been down that road? Question is=the house for Luck/Barkley, or grab Flynn in F.A., and go for it for whatever position you think is needed? SOME have answered the question, some have gone back to debateing skill level. Heck, just trying to keep folks mind on the question..LOL. I will admit, it's a tough one for me. IF a guy knew for a fact we're getting the next Manning/Montana/Brady, I would be all for trading away. Something tells me we're making a mistake if we don't just go with a NFL (90 games or not) QB. At the same time are we missing the oppertunity to plug in a young guy with a young team, and very well be the next (Cough) I REFUSE to use the word Dyn----? I forgot,#1 and Just Doug did answer the question, as did 94. The Snickers bar question goes to Just Doug though..LOL

JustDoug

Huddler
Reaction score
We buy all our favorites for Halloween. Then we start by giving away the Flynn Bars first. Snicker's are given away at the very last though if we get a good turn out of tricksters for the night. Brother, you made me laugh! Thanks!

OP
Seahawk28

Seahawk28

Huddler
Reaction score
LOL...Yeah, never had a Flynn bar (that didn't come out right, did it?) , Snickers are the best. I have yet to find somebody that can tell me what "Nugget" is though. It's one of those words like 'Shlep'. You know, that stuff that gets into the treads underneath Catsup, and Mustard screw on tops.

Top Bottom