• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Beer!

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Okay. Who's a beer freak here besides me (I brew my own)? I just got back from Beveridge Pub Place in West Seattle and they had a special night featuring Georgetown Brewing Company. I love Manny's Pale Ale, but tonight they were feature a cask of Chopper's Red Ale, which was mighty tasty, and also the "world premiere" of Lucille's IPA. Sooooooooooo tasty. Mighty fine beer. Both Manny and Roger were there (the co-founders/co-owners). Super cool guys that loved talking about beer and brewing it. Roger's Pilsner is also fantastic. So much a superior beer compared with other lagers.

Support your local breweries! Who else is a beer freak/homebrewer?

D Hawk

Huddler
Reaction score
Two beers please.
- We no have beer.
No Beer? Well, what do you have?
- We have tequila.
What't that?
- Uhhh.... Eets like beer...

robdog

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I would drink beer any day of the week over most other alcohols. Love me some nice cold beer on a hot day! Can't wait for Summer! :)

OP
SeaHawksHuddle

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
I'll take a well built beer over hard alcohol any time. The tastes are far more complex from good beer.

birdofprey

Huddler
Reaction score
Number 18;47279 said:
Okay. Who's a beer freak here besides me (I brew my own)? I just got back from Beveridge Pub Place in West Seattle and they had a special night featuring Georgetown Brewing Company. I love Manny's Pale Ale, but tonight they were feature a cask of Chopper's Red Ale, which was mighty tasty, and also the "world premiere" of Lucille's IPA. Sooooooooooo tasty. Mighty fine beer. Both Manny and Roger were there (the co-founders/co-owners). Super cool guys that loved talking about beer and brewing it. Roger's Pilsner is also fantastic. So much a superior beer compared with other lagers.

Support your local breweries! Who else is a beer freak/homebrewer?

yes - Boddingtons Bitter is my tipple of choice..

S

Seattlehawk94

Pyramid Hefe...

Man, Crown...My uncle was the VP of Segrams so I used to get a big bottle of Crown (first tap of the batch) every year for my birthday..Let's just say my 21st was a good day....

OP
SeaHawksHuddle

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
If you like Pyramid Hefe, watch for Alpine Hefeweizen. Best hef I've ever had. It's from a small brewery in Oroville, but you can find it sometimes - Elysian Fields had it for a while.

Reaction score
Hit up the Oregon Brewers fest in the July and also the Holiday Ale fest last month. It was off the hook. Drunken good times. Busted my blackberry and a pair of Armani shades, but all in all was a great time.

S

Seattlehawk94

Beerfest is the freaking BOMB! Love it! So many beers, so little liver...

S

Seattlehawk94

Only issue I have with the GABF is they give alot of awards to macrobrews which royally suck...

OP
SeaHawksHuddle

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
So I just fired up my new system for the first time. I mounted 4500w 240v heating elements and temperature probes in kettles. Then I built a control panel consisting of relays and switches that are ultimately controlled by a small processor and connected that to a WiFi adapter. I can control my entire brewing system from my iPhone via a web interface. Pretty slick. Glad I didn't electrocute myself.

Top Bottom