• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Broncos WR Brandon Marshall Asked Owner For A Trade?

-Scar-

Huddler
Reaction score
[center:3bidg7kl]
marshall_brandon.jpg
[/center:3bidg7kl]

Adam Schefter reported today on 850 KOA radio in Denver that Brandon Marshall told Broncos owner Pat Bowlen "I think I'd like to be traded" during Friday's meeting. Bowlen asked Marshall to take some time to think about it, and lets discuss this again.

Source: 850 KOA in Denver

Stantino

Huddler
Reaction score
bobflipaburger said:
Maybe Chicago will trade away its next 2 1st round draft picks lol.
where do you guys think he will end up? Philly? New England?

Reaction score
Denver won't trade him... It will make it look like anyone who asks for a trade will get it... It will make the front office look like a bunch of spineless jerk offs.

Reaction score
If the Giants were smart, they'd go after him hard. Denver needs defensive players, and NY has the depth on defense to throw in a quality player and not have a noticeable drop off. I don't think it will happen, but the Giants would be scary if they were able to get Marshall.

Stantino

Huddler
Reaction score
seahawkscott19 said:
If the Giants were smart, they'd go after him hard. Denver needs defensive players, and NY has the depth on defense to throw in a quality player and not have a noticeable drop off. I don't think it will happen, but the Giants would be scary if they were able to get Marshall.
I dont think they would be scary, they had burress for a few years and only won once. but yeah they would be a team to watch more then before.

Striker

Huddler
Reaction score
Welp my prediction came true. I am confident they WILL trade him. McDaniels will use the same crap he used before. He can mold anyone into stars and doesn't need anyone who doesn't want to be there. Pat has no choice but to agree to whatever McDaniels wants because he already backed him through the Cutler incident and turning on his 1st year idiot of a coach now will lose him his job too.

McDaniels will be fired in 2 years. Broncos are in for a long haul now. Kyle was named the starter, and all he knows is how to throw the ball to his TE and RB. Will be funny when they try to line up all the WR's with almost no starts and Kyle not know how to throw to them.

I actually am starting to feel bad for this team....McDaniels is a bust coach already.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Striker said:
Welp my prediction came true. I am confident they WILL trade him. McDaniels will use the same crap he used before. He can mold anyone into stars and doesn't need anyone who doesn't want to be there. Pat has no choice but to agree to whatever McDaniels wants because he already backed him through the Cutler incident and turning on his 1st year idiot of a coach now will lose him his job too.

McDaniels will be fired in 2 years. Broncos are in for a long haul now. Kyle was named the starter, and all he knows is how to throw the ball to his TE and RB. Will be funny when they try to line up all the WR's with almost no starts and Kyle not know how to throw to them.

I actually am starting to feel bad for this team....McDaniels is a bust coach already.

Um. Wrong.

Marshall went to Bowen asking for a trade and it is over his contract and the Broncos' treatment of his hip injury. McDaniels has nothing to do with it. Where do you get this? Because every source I looked at (E!SPN.com, SI.com, CBSSports.com, Yahoo!, etc.) said nothing of McDaniels alienating Marshall the way he did Cutler.

Striker

Huddler
Reaction score
It is about money, but you really think he is not thinking about the new QB under center? His QB is gone and I doubt that made him any happier. Better to cut loose now than to stick around and fail under a average at best QB.

I do not believe Marshall would be so quick to be gone if Cutler was still around. That is my opinion of course and you don't seem to agree which is fine.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
No that is agreeable. But that is not what you said before. You said:

Striker said:
McDaniels will use the same crap he used before. He can mold anyone into stars and doesn't need anyone who doesn't want to be there. Pat has no choice but to agree to whatever McDaniels wants because he already backed him through the Cutler incident and turning on his 1st year idiot of a coach now will lose him his job too.]/quote]

Striker

Huddler
Reaction score
That is because this is how I see it.

McDaniels believes he can mold anyone ever since the Matt Cassell n start since highschool QB turned success. McDaniels was the reason Cutler got traded and it all adds to Marshall's current situation. Marshall was gonna be pissed either way, but would have likely wanted to stay if Cutler was still there. It would have been more about money than anything else.

Pat watched it all spiral out of control and had to choose a side. He chose his 1st year coach. And I believe Pat is not solely in charge of GMing after seeing how the Cutler incedent played out. If the Broncos #1 WR is thinking about bailing I believe McDaniels will be involved in the discussions.

It seems crazy to me that Pat would even allow Cutler to be traded, but backed his coach and did it. And now when his #1 WR wants out he says, "We will do everything in our power to accomidate your request."

Everything seems wrong about that statement. I personally am not a Marshall fan, but when your HC just changed, your QB just changed, wouldn't you want to keep your top WR? At least put up a fight for him. It tells me Pat and McDaniels had gotten together and discussed and decided on Marshalls fate prior to this meeting ever happening. I do not see this as just a Pat decision otherwise how could he make such a statement so fast?

An example: Matt Hasselbeck loses trust with Jim Mora as Mora persues Vick. Matt puts houses up for sell and requests trade. Tim and Jim trade him to the Vikes, but Vick gets grabbed by someone else and they have to settle for Tavaris Jackson who they got in the trade. With Jackson at QB Housh is upset and demands trade. In the first meeting of Tim and Housh Tim says he will do everything he can to trade him.

How does any of that make sense? That is a decent example of what is going on in Denver. I guess a better question is what do yall think is going on over there?

My opinion? McDaniels and Pat talked about it after the trade of Cutler and decided if he requests trade they would get rid of him so he does not mess up the locker room. McDaniels already showed that a young high potential QB who can carry his team is expendable, how would he turn and say a WR is an exception to the rule.

Marshall was gonna hold out no matter what, he is leaving because of the coach/GMing decisions as well. Thats my opinion.

Striker

Huddler
Reaction score
You believe McDaniels had 0 part in any of this and that Pat after a single meeting went ahead was oked a trade without first getting input from his coach?

If McDaniels wanted Marshall there would be a fight for him to stay, not just a ok you can go.

Welp we differ in opinion once again. I cannot wait to see our draft turnout for Fantasy Football. Will be fun to see how different our draft board will be.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
I do not think McDaniels had any part in Marshall asking for the trade. Whether McDaniels is fighting for Marshall to stay or not, well, we cannot say because McDaniels has not uttered a word. Not fighting for a player to stay and wanting him to be traded are two different things. Again, your implication is that McDaniels is some mastermind behind this forcing Bowen to trade Marshall. Not true at all.

I would imagine our draft boards will be fairly similar. There is no McDaniels in fantasy football. At least not our the Yahoo! league.

Striker

Huddler
Reaction score
The thought of Fantasy Football was because me and you are the ones always goen at it. Seems pretty desolate around here at times.

Yeah I am more than sure either Denver is so bad we get a top pick which is going to go for Sam Bradford. Or we package our 1sts and move to the top to get Sam Bradford.

We need a QB who can sit behind Matt for 2+ years till either Matt gets comfortable with retirement (I don't suspect we would encourage pressuring him out he is our leader on the field without a doubt.), or due to injury is forced to retire as a Seahawk and we have Bradford ready to step in when it happens.

I hope it comes to Matt feeling happy to retire as a Seahawk and does so when he feels he has had enough to slip into the HOF. He won't be a first ballot, but a few more years and he could slip in down the line and I would be happy to see him in.

I don't think McDaniels is forcing out Marshall, what I think is that he believes he can mold anyone into anything. He is underhanded and untrustworthy. I believe Marshall sees that due to the Cutler incident and that is part of the reason he wants out. I also believe that McDaniels is much of the reason Pat is not fighting for Marshall, because never before have I seen him so willing to toss his stars out the door, especially in a time of major change.

Many Denver fans were angry with Shanahan being fired, yet some thought it was time for change. Change came but far to extreme for the fans. Their coach came in lied schemed and ended up leading the QB out the door. Now not fighting for your star WR is foolish and stinks of McDaniels.

Things weren't this crazy in Denver a year ago and the only thing that changed since then was McDaniels. So yes, I believe hands down he is involved in any process of moving players and I think he has hyped himself to be a mastermind coach before even getting his first game as HC under his belt.

Sam Bradford here we come.

Idahawk

Reaction score
It about not wanting to PAY a criminal a huge amount of money long term . The guys has skill yet chooses to break the law and then act like a fool and cry because his owner has some reservations about paying someone who just doesn't get IT. A line has to be drawn in the sand at some point with these players they take our money and screw up and when it doesn't go the way they want it to then they just bail ! Life is not about running from your problems Marshall needs to just man up , stop his BS and be a man

Stantino

Huddler
Reaction score
no way man! that would suck if he goes there, i am planning on going to the hawks vs bears game, i'm planning on seeing our guys feed it to them! i dont even want to see a close game!

Top Bottom