• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Bucs Crashing the Victory Formation

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
For anyone who hasn't seen the video, here it is:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-gameday/0ap2000000062580/Schiano-crossing-the-line

I was just curious as to what everyone's take on what the Bucs did is.

The victory formation, the QB should just be on his knee when he takes the snap. You see the same thing in the endzone on kick offs. The whole slow motion knee. Maybe Eli will be a little quicker next time.

I think it is a live play until his knee touches down. It would be a live ball if a defensive player was able to smack it away.

OP
SeaHawksHuddle

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
I didn't really see anything too wrong with it. I get that it goes against convention, but the Bucs had as much right to try and get the ball to try for a win as the Giants did to try and preserve the win.

S

Seattlehawk94

Every non-college coach in the league is pissed..

No place in the PROFESSIONAL game for that shit..

Idahawk

Reaction score
Its not against the rules, but its shitty to risk another players career on the hope that with 5 seconds left you get a strip and run it in for the TD. On the other hand you must protect yourself at all times and be ready for anything, you bet the next the team that plays Tampa will be ready for it. Didn't Marino fake a kneel down one time and then throw the ball anyway , is it the same thing ?

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Like he says, its an 'unwritten' rule. That coach was being devious there. Maybe he and Greg WIlliams should get together and go coach XFL somewhere.

S

Seattlehawk94

"Salvage" the game? There's a point in a war when it's lost and you surrender to not further waste troops...The game was over, nothing to "salvage"...It was over! Admit it, end it, live to fight a future day without pissing off the opponent you are bound to
see down the line...

OP
SeaHawksHuddle

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Any defensive ex-player I have heard sides with Schiano. Golic said they did it when he was with Philly. And Wyman said he saw no problem at all with it. It is a live play. And the offense should have recognized that the D was coming.

Plus, I think I am for bucking convention anyways. Nothing new or exciting ever came from convention. Convention is the antithesis of innovation. Convention is a boring world.

Reaction score
Nothing new or exciting ever came from convention. Convention is the antithesis of innovation. Convention is a boring world.

23952407.jpg

Idahawk

Reaction score
Its a gentlemans agreement to sort of speak , like in nascar where you don't block the leader if your a lap down car or like in golf where you don't walk across someones line on the green, yes you could do that to try and win but its chicken shit and so most guys don't go there . New coach , great message to his team to not quit but not kosher.

S

Seattlehawk94

You watch..Whenever Tampa is down big NFL Guys will run up the score for that one..

It's a Frat..Don't mess with our own..

OP
SeaHawksHuddle

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
You watch..Whenever Tampa is down big NFL Guys will run up the score for that one..

It's a Frat..Don't mess with our own..

That's fine. And who cares of someone runs up the score? This whole "frat" thing is stupid. You play to win the game. Period. No one should give a shit about some "unwritten" or "gentlemen's" rule.

S

Seattlehawk94

Those gentlemen's rules made the game great this hype up WWF shit needs to stop..If they need to attract those kind of fans I'd rather see the NFL rebrand itself...

Most coaches and more than half the fans that voted agree with me..Maybe I'm a dinosaur but that kinda shit has no place..

OP
SeaHawksHuddle

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
S

Seattlehawk94

You know if it was Carroll the media would be screaming "COLLEGE COACH!!"

S

Seattlehawk94

I merely am not being hypocritical like them..East Coast Rutgers guy that's liked by NY media, who hate Commandant Coughlin..

Top Bottom